Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

As an homage to the animated movie: for sure. But given how alien all the transformers look in these pics, it would be suitable for us to expect strange and unique forms of communication and alien writing. When you look at an alien computer, should it have words in english? The Predator didn't speak english in the Predator movie (apart from the mimmicking of human voices) and the audience understood. When the predator opened up the self destruct wrist computer, arnie didn't seem to know what it was at first. Again: helps reinforce that they are alien robots with alien tech. At some point they "learn" and become more humanoid but not in the beginning.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I just want to see it because its there to be seen now, I used to think that well I`ll just wait abit untill a few have seen it. Now I`ll just get the day off to see before anyone else and not listen to any reviews before hand like I did with The Matrix and couple of other films from a while ago That way at least my preconception wont be biased.

Hopefully it will be great and another reinvention for the TF`s.

If its not maybe M Bay will get slotted by some overly upset psyco fan.

It would be good if the TF had an alien language and like in a mel gibson movie, you had to watch the entire thing with subtitles because it was trying to be authentic. This way people would be reminded that these are from a different world. Alien robots not human robots. Totally unique technology from the stuff humans have. With star wars it made the movie more realistic becaue you had to have c3p0 translate what people kept saying. Always reminding us the aliens have different ways of doing stuff. Prime would have to learn to speak and humans would have to create something to translate the language. Much better than have him start to speak english at the beginning of the movie.

Since the comics and Beast Wars, TF actually do have their own language and script. In the Dreamwave comics they used japanese script (I forgot which one) to throw in random in-jokes like japanese TF names, or shows.

Spoiler you might already know:

The TFs speak their own language in the movie, especially the Decepticons. Before learning english, I assume.

If its not maybe M Bay will get slotted by some overly upset psyco fan.

Probably from the official Movie board then - so of the most extreme anger comes from that board, and from what I can tell the americans are just about ready to grab their guns. Or at least a G1 Megatron :D Edited by Fit For Natalie

I'm pumped for this. I was really hesitant at first, but after seeing the trailer, I know that it will at least be enjoyable even if it's not good.

True.

Just see it for what it is.

True.

Just see it for what it is.

Yep, in the worst case scenario I'll at least see some nice eye candy.

And we are talking about a product that can be downloaded for free two days after if opens (or before). It’s not like you’ll be paying $150+ for a product that can loose an arm due to it being POM-less.

I'm actually looking forward to this. It looks like the Tformers in the movie might still have personalities and not just be portrayed as massive killer robots.

My only question is, if they wanted to make a realistic approach to the robot design, why do some of the tformers have mouths?

Edited by GobotFool

• 3 weeks later...

I was just reading some news articles and came across that a new trailer was going to be out late April or Early may, STILL no VA's appearing to speak in the trailer.....and still no sign of whose playing Megatron. There's only 4 months left : / either they're playing us as suckers, or they don't know what the hell they're all doing right now.

Not seen much about Starscream yet either. Question, will he have hands like we saw in those conceptual art images that were posted a while ago or is he going to have those stupid gatling gun arms like the lousy toy has?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Not seen much about Starscream yet either. Question, will he have hands like we saw in those conceptual art images that were posted a while ago or is he going to have those stupid gatling gun arms like the lousy toy has?

Chris

Most likely the concept art hands. If you notice, the toy actually has claws aside from the gatling guns. THe design has very very slowly warmed up to me, I look at this as a live action transformers thing outside of g1, like its own story, think armada or cybertron where the characters were not the same as g1.

Still very cautious about the movie but some of the toys like Ironhide are looking good.

It's also being released that other countries like Korea, and Australia will get to see the movie before us.......so instead of July 4th, they get to see it in Late June....not too mention the video game got pushed forward to a late June release as well...with a 360 collectors edition for 69.99.