Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

The Biggs footage is neat from a historical perspective... but it really doesn't do anything for the story, except make it more confusing, really.

Also, since seeing it involves looking at crappy 400th generation video... it's a bit of a letdown.

Meh, Biggs on Tatooine was kinda lame anyway.

Anyways, the scene in the Special editions on Yavin filled enough to let you know that Biggs and Luke knew each other beforehand.

Chuey, you live in/near Modesto? We should have lunch sometime if ya do.

Thanks for the invite. Regrettably, I actually live in Sacramento. However half of the chapter of the Star Wars costume club that I lead resides in Modesto. We will support the Gallo Art Center charity with our presence (photo ops), some activities and even a set inside the theater that will be up for two months. In fact, here are some pictures of that imperial/star destroyer set at the Brenden Modesto Theater that my chapter vice president and club members have been making.

th_0be_May20057_004.jpg

th_db8_May20057_011.jpg

I was wondering what that was. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the only thing there was the wall. Well...I am planning on waiting in line on Sunday (if Brenden and/or the other business's permit it) so maybe if you head down for the premiere I'll see ya. My nickname is Chewie so no confusion there. My group will be the ones with 17 master replicas sabers. hehe.

Chuey, you live in/near Modesto? We should have lunch sometime if ya do.

Thanks for the invite. Regrettably, I actually live in Sacramento.

You're up in Sac? I grew up there, currently a couple of minutes away in Davis. Guess I know who to call next time I get a ticket. ;):lol:

Hehe.. glad to know I'm not the only person in Davis. Are you a student at the UC, or just live in the area?

Wow.. I may have to drive out to Sac to see that one. Looks like it'd be huge...

I was wondering what that was. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the only thing there was the wall. Well...I am planning on waiting in line on Sunday (if Brenden and/or the other business's permit it) so maybe if you head down for the premiere I'll see ya. My nickname is Chewie so no confusion there. My group will be the ones with 17 master replicas sabers. hehe.

The Gallo charity premiere on May 13 will be one of a few events at the Brenden Modesto Theater. My Modesto group will do some additional events the folllowing week as will my Sacramento group. For a list of activities, check out the following calendar list.

501st Legion - Central California Garrison Event Calendar

Sounds good. 

So when's the mondo super special edition come out?  :ph34r:

Expect multiple editions. The 30th anniversary of Star Wars will be in 2007. I'm sure LFL will milk it for all its worth. Lucas also announced at Las Vegas's Showest his plans to convert all six films to a 3D format.

What do you base that on?

They didn't have that many versions of VHS and only version of each on DVD to date...

If anything, LFL has done anything BUT milk their stuff. If *I* was Lucas, i'd be making loot 3 times off some of the Raped Childhoods here. First version, as is. Second version "regular" special editions. Third version "almost" normal versions (improved SFX but Greedo still not shooting first). Then super limited original theatrical cut versions (RotJ vintage), then original classic theatrical version of ep4 (82). Then super duper original (78) without Ep4 titling,etc. All spaced about 10-18 months after the last. Each time including one more deleted scene. :lol:

Edited by Uxi

Uxi is right. As far as video and DVD, Lucas has never really milked the franchise. In fact, I remember Lucas stating that the reason he was holding off on releasing the original trilogy to DVD is that he wanted to release one big set with all the changes, updates, deleted scenes, and everything for all 6 movies. When he said that, there was a huge uproar against him for not doing the very thing people complain about him doing even though he doesn't do it!

Uxi is right. As far as video and DVD, Lucas has never really milked the franchise. In fact, I remember Lucas stating that the reason he was holding off on releasing the original trilogy to DVD is that he wanted to release one big set with all the changes, updates, deleted scenes, and everything for all 6 movies. When he said that, there was a huge uproar against him for not doing the very thing people complain about him doing even though he doesn't do it!

You know, when worded that way it actually does sound kind of ironic. :lol:

IMDB reports Australian reviews

Australian Movie Reviews: 'Revenge of the Sith'

A flood of reviews of Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith poured out of the Australian press today (Thursday). Most were favorable overall but far from exuberant. Philippa Hawker in Melbourne called the movie "a considerable improvement" over the first two prequels. "The bad news," she wrote, "is [that] there aren't too many surprises left. It's just a matter of time before glowering, impatient Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) decides to join the Dark Side, and about 80 minutes in, we hear the line we've been waiting for: 'Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth Vader.'" Garry Maddox in the Sydney Morning Herald also regarded the movie as "stronger" than Episodes 1 and 2. "It is a movie you want to love and almost do, but not quite," he commented. "As Yoda would say again: an out-and-out triumph it is not." Lawrie Zion in The Australian considered it "far more entertaining" than the last two but she criticized the performances of the leads, particularly Christensen, who, she writes, is "disappointing" and "fails to engage the audience."

Thanks for the link!

Everything I've read (from reviews) leads me to beleive I'm going to adore this last film. I personally loved Attack of the Clones and every review I've read says Revenge of The Sith is the best of the prequels. Should this indeed be the case, it's going to be a fantastic film. At worst, RoTS will be better than The Phantom Menace and at least equal to AoTC. That will more than satisfy me.

Yep, and it's the most eargasmic 13 minutes of soundtrack I've ever heard. :) The slipping in of the extended version of the ANH medal ceremony was a NICE touch.. that oboe/strings section practically brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

Btw, did anyone here get the version with the dvd included with all the music videos? That seems to be the standard as far as I know.. at least, that's what Borders and Amazon are carrying.

What's the extra track like?

There are only 2 different versions, Target and Walmart. The target version has download code for the internet so you can download the Fallen hero video complete with soundeffects and dialog. Walmarts version I think has an interview with John Williams. They're not doing the extra tracks thing, thankfully, because people were pissed last time.

Chris

Just picked up the Ep 3 OST, didn't even know it's been out. The copies sold at Target has an exclusive track download, are there other chains that offers their exclusive tracks too?

13 minutes worth of end credits music... that's probably the longest evah!

Seeing as I'm 2 hours away from the nearest Target store, I had a quick question.

(1) Is the exclusive track available if you order on line?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=p...asin=B000850IS6

I see no mention of it?

(2) The description also doesn't mention the DVD. Did your Target copy come with the DVD?

Thanks,

Carl

I just want to take a moment as the chapter leader for my costume group, but also as a member, to say how proud and honored I was about my group's performance for the Modesto RotS premiere. From general attendeeds, to staff participants and VIPs, people seemed not only awestruck by our appearance, but pleased by our conduct. I want to give particular thanks to Darren , my group vice president, for taking charge of this event. Brenden had originally contacted me, but I believed that Modesto leadership deserved the honor. What Darren and his team came up far surpassed anything that I could have imagined. My additional thanks to Modesto members Scott, Dan and Perry along with their friends and family who supported the garrison through this very special event. Additional thanks goes out to the rest of the club members present for your attendence and support.

Until additional material is collected and ready for presentation, here are some sample images that a friend took.

Brenden's Marque

th_fe8_Marque.jpg

Troopers prior to marching out to meet the public

th_4cb_CCApriorRedCarpet.jpg

Our rebel associates on the red carpet

th_d05_RebelsontheRedCarpet.jpg

Mark Hamill signing for fans on the red carpet

th_ab2_MarkHamill.jpg

Buckets on

th_bd4_ModestoRotS_CCA_bucketson.jpg

Buckets off

th_c0a_ModestoRotS_CCA_Rebels_bucketsoff.jpg

Modest Bee's " Arts Fans Out in Force"

So aside from the costuming, I am sure you must all wonder how is this prop event is related? Well aside from organizing our appearance in costume, Darren planned the construction of a star destroyer set that hangs above the main concession stand in the lobby of the Modesto Brenden Theater. Here are some samples images of what went into the construction.

Construction of the walls in Turlock on Saturday, April 16

th_ac8_IMG_0278.JPG th_54e_IMG_0298.JPG

On Sunday, April 17, Darren and crew put up these set walls over at the Brenden Theater.

th_7ba_sunday2.jpg th_9d5_sunday3.jpg

A garrison workshop at one of my Sacramento member's house to work on mannequins and cardboard mouse droids on Saturday, April 30.

th_6b0_IMG_0001.JPG th_538_IMG_0019.JPG th_2b5_IMG_0020.JPG th_10b_IMG_0035.JPG th_007_IMG_0049.JPG th_4b0_IMG_0051.JPG

So, I guess the real question is: What do you do to top these costumes on Halloween?

We wear these outfits at media and service events. So for us, it's like folks in service branches who see each other in their uniforms all the time. Which is funny since police officers and fire fighters like to take pictures with us. :)

For Halloween, all of us usually come up with something else either original or from another subject. Like at a Halloween party last year, I dressed up as a Crazy 88. However, a bunch of us went in our armor costumes to a big Halloween party put on by a local radio. We were quite popular with guys and gals.

Hey is Mark doing the Captain Morgen?

I'll be seeing the movie Thursday at 10 am. The 12:30 am showing is still open but I'm half asleep by then. All my so called friends the Rat Bastards are going Sat to see it together the same minute I get off of work. In order not to be the only person in my circle not have seen it I have to go Thursday morning. If some reason I didn't get to go Thursday had to wait next week I would of spoiled the film for them. What a sad sad person I am. :lol:

• 5 weeks later...