Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

I do have one spoiler. Mace Windu's death scene is odd. He gets eaten by a giant shark. I wasn't expecting that.

????????????

Once again, just for laughs....

Apparently because he slaughters them in Revenge of the Sith.

Nah, Lucas would never even hint to the slaughtering of children, he doesn't have the nuts anymore.

:lol:

Nice. :lol:

I do have one spoiler. Mace Windu's death scene is odd. He gets eaten by a giant shark. I wasn't expecting that.

It was an homage to the giant space worm in ESB...

Actually, its a reference to the craptastic "Deep Blue Sea".

Once again, just for laughs....

Apparently because he slaughters them in Revenge of the Sith.

Nah, Lucas would never even hint to the slaughtering of children, he doesn't have the nuts anymore.

:lol:

Evil bsu! Bad bsu :)

I think keith is the one with no nuts.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread but there's some stuff I noticed while rewatching Episode III recently.

When Anakin and Obi-wan are being held captive in front of General Grievous and they get their lightsabers back. If you watch carefully, you'll spot Obi-wan's episode I/II lightsaber in Grievous' possession when Anakin force pulls his lightsaber from the cloak. I never watched through the Clones Wars cartoon, so did Grievous take it then? (I already know Grievous fights Obi-wan on Utapau with an Obi-wan ROTS style lightsaber and an Anakin ROTS style lightsaber).

When Mace Windu goes with his "team of ultimate badasses" to arrest Palpatine and they fight. Okay, we do see the Darth Sidious lightsaber pop from Palpatine's sleeve. But if you watch carefully, although it has a red blade, Palpatine is using Anakin's lightsaber hilt. You can make out many features of it. The "rabbit ears" at the top of the hilt, the metal band at the center, and the black grips at the bottom. Plus the saber hilt Palpatine fights with is too long to be his own lightsaber.

About the Palpy/Anakin thing, I heard that it was a pretty late change to give him his own saber in that scene. So I guess when they filmed it he really was using Ankin's. Under the circumstances, I guess they figured they go with what they already shot, change the blade color and hope no one notices. ;)

Sorry to bump this thread but there's some stuff I noticed while rewatching Episode III recently.

When Anakin and Obi-wan are being held captive in front of General Grievous and they get their lightsabers back.  If you watch carefully, you'll spot Obi-wan's episode I/II lightsaber in Grievous' possession when Anakin force pulls his lightsaber from the cloak.  I never watched through the Clones Wars cartoon, so did Grievous take it then? (I already know Grievous fights Obi-wan on Utapau with an Obi-wan ROTS style lightsaber and an Anakin ROTS style lightsaber).

When Mace Windu goes with his "team of ultimate badasses" to arrest Palpatine and they fight.  Okay, we do see the Darth Sidious lightsaber pop from Palpatine's sleeve.  But if you watch carefully, although it has a red blade, Palpatine is using Anakin's lightsaber hilt.  You can make out many features of it.  The "rabbit ears" at the top of the hilt, the metal band at the center, and the black grips at the bottom.  Plus the saber hilt Palpatine fights with is too long to be his own lightsaber.

323893[/snapback]

I know in the final duel, Obi and Anakin switch sabers for a scene too. Forget any kind of continuity when it comes to that stuff...I think it's just "here, here's a saber hilt...start swinging like we showed you" during filming. :D

Actually, in the book there's a part in the control room where they do end up with each other's sabers, only to lose them and then end up with their own again. Part of this can be seen in the film as the cut from Yoda's duel to Obi and Ani to see Anakin start to choke Obi-wan. You'll notice that he doesn't even have a saber in either hand. Then, after some whathaveyou, they end up both unarmed and then pull their sabers back. I'm guessing they filmed the entire duel, then in the editing room and under self-impossed presure for time George trimmed what he could, splicing off the first half where Obi loses his saber and then takes Anakin's, and hoped no one would notice.

I know I wouldn't have if I hadn't have read the book first (which BTW is the best Star Wars book, or even screenplay novelization, I've ever read... again, considering the other options, that not really saying much)

Man, I feel kinda dirty for even knowing this stuff... how come I can remeber this crap but can't tell you all 11 digits of my cell phone? Does that sound right to you? :huh:

Actually, in the book there's a part in the control room where they do end up with each other's sabers, only to lose them and then end up with their own again. Part of this can be seen in the film as the cut from Yoda's duel to Obi and Ani to see Anakin start to choke Obi-wan. You'll notice that he doesn't even have a saber in either hand. Then, after some whathaveyou, they end up both unarmed and then pull their sabers back. I'm guessing they filmed the entire duel, then in the editing room and under self-impossed presure for time George trimmed what he could, splicing off the first half where Obi loses his saber and then takes Anakin's, and hoped no one would notice.

I know I wouldn't have if I hadn't have read the book first (which BTW is the best Star Wars book, or even screenplay novelization, I've ever read... again, considering the other options, that not really saying much)

Man, I feel kinda dirty for even knowing this stuff... how come I can remeber this crap but can't tell you all 11 digits of my cell phone? Does that sound right to you?  :huh:

323948[/snapback]

Ah make sense for the control-room switch, and the Palpatine having Anakin's lightsaber. Make due with what you have after edits, hope no one notices the lightsaber switches. :p

Don't feel dirty, phone numbers are hard to remember. Besides this is important stuff. Remembering a cell-phone number is what having notes in your wallet is for. :p:lol:

I notice all the lightsaber stuff because I'm really into lightsabers right now. Damned wonderful mini lightsaber collection! :D

I'll have to watch it after I get my copy back from my friend. I never noticed that at all, but the saber switch had a presence in the film in my opinion....it was just hard to notice something like that happened since it cuts in with Anakin choking Obiwan and forcing his saber down on him.

And as for cell phone numbers....i've had mine for a year and I still can't remember it.......

I don't know if the boards were up yet at that point. You are talking 1998.

307634[/snapback]

Sorry, poorly worded post. I meant in general, not on this board specifically. I recall some statements people made that they were completely adamant about, but turned out to be completely wrong.