Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

This comic comes out today:

BADJW001.JPG

Title Star Wars General Grievous 1

Publisher Dark Horse

Price $2.99

Comment CHUCK DIXON (W), RICK LEONARDI (P), and MARK PENNINGTON (I) On sale March 16, FC, 32pg, $2.99 On a rescue mission to Vandos, Padawan Flynn Kybo and his master T’chooka D’oon come face to face with one of the leaders of the Separatist army, General Grievous. After Grievous kills his master, Kybo goes to the Jedi Council with a plan to take out the General before more lives are lost. But when the council rebukes his plan, Flynn Kybo decides to take matters in his own hands. Seeking out others who feel the same as himself, Flynn Kybo sets out to stop the killing machine known as General Grievous before more Jedi lives are lost. Meanwhile, Grievous has hijacked a transport ship and its precious cargo may give him an advantage over the Jedi that they would never expect... • A four-issue must read series featuring one of the Episode III villians!

Okay I'm confused. I always heard that Vader fell in to Lava but think about it. Lava! Ever watch those science shows on the stuff? You fall in you're dead.

And Palps. He looks fine day day leaving the senate. When he comes back the next day looking like chalk colored crap and no one cares?

Okay I'm confused. I always heard that Vader fell in to Lava but think about it. Lava! Ever watch those science shows on the stuff? You fall in you're dead.

Depneds on what kind of lava. Lava can be "cool" enough to walk on, yet it will still burn the crap out of you. However, it now seems that Annie falls down a slope near a lava flow and winds up in burning hot sand.

And Palps.  He looks fine day day leaving the senate.  When he comes back the next day looking like chalk colored crap and no one cares?

Actually he blames it on the Jedi and their "wicked sorcery." Thus justifying their extermination.

Plus, there's this nifty little thing called "The Force" that allows its users to perform deeds that would otherwise be impossible.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Anakin called on the Dark Side to save his life while he was burning in the lava/hot sand.

And Palps. He looks fine day day leaving the senate. When he comes back the next day looking like chalk colored crap and no one cares?

Dude both Terminators were killed at the end of T2 in the molten metal. Unfortunatly, the arm that Arnold had ripped off in the fight at the end was not put in the molten metal. Thus the future still happened...... :p

Yeah I hope they clear some of that stuff up. Maybe Sid gets beat up in his big fight. Maybe his dental veneers get knocked out and that will be the explanation for his teeth suddenly getting freaky............... :p

<Quickly runs away before the EU guys talk about Dark Empire......> :ph34r:

Okay I'm confused.  I always heard that Vader fell in to Lava but think about it.  Lava!  Ever watch those science shows on the stuff?  You fall in you're dead.

Plus, there's this nifty little thing called "The Force" that allows its users to perform deeds that would otherwise be impossible.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Anakin called on the Dark Side to save his life while he was burning in the lava/hot sand.

Gee, that there force is some powerful stuff. Even lets people breathe co2, so2 and all the rest of that air utterly lacking in free oxygen one would find on a "lava planet."

Or maybe this galaxy is populated by humanoids that don't even breathe oxygen.

But then they likely wouldn't use iron in blood production and their flesh would be a different color.

Hm.

I don't mean to bash the story or anything. I just mean to point out that maybe it's best not to expect it to be at all realistic. What with all the single-biome planets and whatnot.

I've been thinking about this and maybe it was addressed in our old thread, but since Palps/Sid managed to hide his true self from the Jedi Council all this time, does that make him more powerful than even Yoda? Yoda didn't sense anything before now? Or Anakin? If Anakins midi-whatever is higher even then Yoda's, wouldn't he have sensed something weird from Palps at some point?

Palpatine/Sidious has been building up and manipulating Anakin all these years, so Anakin sees him as a father figure. Because of this, he doesn't see Palpatine as an enemy or threat.

Maybe his dental veneers get knocked out and that will be the explanation for his teeth suddenly getting freaky............... :p

Then you obviously haven't seen Palpatine's equally nasty and disgusting fingernails. They look as if he could fling them at you to cause a fatality.

I wonder if Vader will every use Force Lightning in Episode 3.

We know he never used it in the Original Trilogy.

Maybe Sidious never fully trains Vader in the Dark Arts to keep him on a short leash.

Or maybe his Mechano Arms would go haywire with that much current running throught them :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

The upcoming console game for Episode III seems to indicate that Anakin may use Force lightning in the movie. My guess is that when he becomes Vader, the lightning would probably wreck havoc on his mechanical body so he can't use it (or we just never see him use it). Witness Return of the Jedi when Vader is messed up by Palpatine even though his lightning wasn't directed at Vader.

Maybe Sidious never fully trains Vader in the Dark Arts to keep him on a short leash.

Or maybe his Mechano Arms would go haywire with that much current running throught them :lol:

I dunno if he uses it while he is still human, but on one of those pages scans postes, it says, that he can't use force lighting once he has the suit, because both his arms are cybrog.

Whether or not Vader uses Lightning has yet to be spoiled. However, I do believe one of the scans from the Visual dictionary inidcates that the armored Vader cannot use Force Lightning due to the artificial limbs. Given the nature of it, he probably would fry the circuitry in his limbs if he tried to use lightning. Not to mention he's got external life support systems...if something bad happens, there goes the respirator. When he takes it in RoTJ, that was it. Let's face it, Luke had to drag his dad from the tower to the landing bay because silly Vader decided to grab a live wire (i.e. Palpatine) and ended up shorting most of his circuitry.

So I guess Grievous' resurrection was the template for Vader's own revival? At least now I know he serves a purpose other than "looks cool holding four lightsabers".

I read somewhere on TFN (or millieumfalcon.com) that the droids who remade Grievous were the same ones who reconstructed Vader after the fight.

One thing of interest on that scan of Vader is on the lower left corner:

While sidious is please to find that Anakin's rage has survived intact, Darth Vader is not what Sidious was expecting, and not the perfect apprentice to perpetuate the legacy of the Sith.

So Vader ain't the perfect Sith lord...hmmmm. How true that is....(RotJ)

Heheh.. so Vader isn't what Palpy was hoping for.. and he sets his sites on Luke instead. Which, if you think about it, is probably the only reason Luke and Leia even lived. I have a hard time believing they were actually able to fool Palpatine when hiding them. I mean, the guy fooled the entire republic for several years, and had things planned out from the beginning.

Seen in this light, it actually DOES make sense that Anakin may be his son, however far fetched.. I mean, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to make Anakin's mother forget. If Palpatine had everything planned from the beginning (he keeps insisting he knows what'll happen in ROTJ) he may have planned to use Vader to get to Luke, and maybe Leia. The idea that he wasn't satisfied with Vader implies he probably has other motives for him, seeing as he went to all the trouble to repair him... but then, irony of ironies, maybe Vader pulled the same wool over the emperor's eyes that he had used on the republic, and hid his true intentions till the last.

I can't help but think that if Yoda & the Jedi councel had taken Anakin in fully, and tried to train him despite their concerns, things may have turned out differnetly. While Anakin had a lot of rage, the Jedi should have taught him how to control it, instead of shunning him & creating more of it.

It's just too bad so much time was wasted with Episode I, a lot of important story fleshing out should have happened there.

Well at least in the novelization, they say they think he's too old to be taught that discipline from without... and that they don't trust him to master it within.

Or maybe his Mechano Arms would go haywire with that much current running throught them  :lol:

I dunno if he uses it while he is still human, but on one of those pages scans postes, it says, that he can't use force lighting once he has the suit, because both his arms are cybrog.

Thats true. But why should the lightning be conducted through the hands? That's so cliche. I'm sure it could be channeled from some other non-robotic appendages.....*cough...doorknob....*cough* :blink:

Well at least in the novelization, they say they think he's too old to be taught that discipline from without... and that they don't trust him to master it within.

That's exactly what I mean. The Jedi brought about their own fall by being too upidy, instead of practicing their ideals. Besides, we know from watching Luke later, that Anakin was definately not too old, and had they taken the time, he could have been saved.

Guest Bromgrev
IIRC it is explicitly stated that there is no father. By Lucas.

Yeah, but who's going to believe anything he says? "Darth Vader betrayed and murdered your father, Luke." :blink:

Wouldn't take too much for Palp to mess with Ani's mother's mind to make her think immaculate conception ...

Edited by Bromgrev

Technology wasnt that advanced at the time for limbs to be replicated

Huh? They can clone an entire army, thousands of soldiers, and travel across the galaxy at faster than light speed, and certain members of the galaxy can channel the mysterious force. Now one would suspect they could clone a limb or two.

Huh? They can clone an entire army, thousands of soldiers, and travel across the galaxy at faster than light speed, and certain members of the galaxy can channel the mysterious force. Now one would suspect they could clone a limb or two.

And with all our advanced medical science, we still can't cure the common cold. :lol:

and we have the technology to clone in this day and age.

But still, we cannot clone u a limb and attach it to a person.

Come on people....its a story.

I know it's a story, it's never been about science in the star wars universe. It's just a little crack in my suspension of disbelief. :p

and we have the technology to clone in this day and age

Yeah, we could probably clone a human if we really tried, but we're not as advanced as the Kiminoans! :D

and we have the technology to clone in this day and age.

But still, we cannot clone u a limb and attach it to a person.

I think we could do small parts like ears, noses and fingers though. I read that they grow human parts on animals like frogs, pigs and rabbits as replacement parts. :blink:

Edited by wolfx

That's exactly what I mean. The Jedi brought about their own fall by being too upidy, instead of practicing their ideals. Besides, we know from watching Luke later, that Anakin was definately not too old, and had they taken the time, he could have been saved.

The Order was definitely focusing on the actual practices and rules instead of the reasons behind them...

I really wish they'd started the Clone Wars in the first movie, and had the same actors throughout the prequel - Hayden instead of Jake. I think it would have helped the flow of the prequels much more. Ep 1 just feels too removed from Ep2 and Ep3

Look at how long it takes to grow an adult clone in AOTC, 10 years. So then Sidious would be without a pupil for ten year while his new body is prepared. DO you really think he would wait that long? Besides, who is to say that the clone would be as powerful in the force, even if they were to do a brain swap?