17 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

It is at first, but gets smoother after a transformation or two

Thanks, I just transformed for the first time. Seriously impressed with how rock solid and good looking it is though, as if straight out of the show.

Incredible when you think about the quality of the first DX vf-25.

Just wish we could get more weapon packs as shown in the magazine along with the super parts set. It's just a single rotating peg right?

Just now, Zx31 said:

Just keep an eye on the shoulders when rotating them in and out, some reports of a little bit of paint chipping but mine has been fine.

Yep, thanks for the warning. I did notice a sharp edge that rubs against the shoulders when you originally rotate them. No paint chipping on mine, but I'm gonna be careful when approaching future transformations.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Anyone have slight issues with the shoulder double hinge being a wee bit tight?

Yeah my left one was extremely tight. I had to work on it for quite some time. I was afraid i would break it if i tried any harder to move it.

8 hours ago, IXTL said:

Preview from the upcoming VF-31 Masterfile.

71CXEF8NMoL.jpg

71CskCW-nqL.jpg

71NpIqYGjuL.jpg

Love the scheme of the Kairos above. And yeah, why they didn't release any of those pods? 

6 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Cool. Love the black, white and red color scheme on the last page. 

That black, white, and red scheme sir is an instant buy for me. ;)

I wonder why? ;)

anyone up for pre-owned VF-31J from amiami? 20,380yen

(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)DX Chogokin - VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate Immelmann Custom) "Macross Delta"(Released)

B: Good - Item has been opened and contains signs of minor wear or damage. All parts are included. 

B: Some damage to the box is visible. 

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-021748&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dvf-31j%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Gah i just noticed my 31J has a paint scrape dead center on the tip of the grey part of the chest. I'm not sure how that could've happened since it's only gone from fighter to battroid once. If paint scrapes are going to be that easy with non use i hate to see what happens with frequent use. Anyone know what type of grey paint i can use to touch this up?

18 hours ago, Sandman said:

Gah i just noticed my 31J has a paint scrape dead center on the tip of the grey part of the chest. I'm not sure how that could've happened since it's only gone from fighter to battroid once. If paint scrapes are going to be that easy with non use i hate to see what happens with frequent use. Anyone know what type of grey paint i can use to touch this up?

Bandai has it defined as:

• 60% grey
  • 20% white
  • 15% purple
  • 5% blue grey

You'll need to mix the colors yourself as it's doubtful that there's any off the shelf paint that will match that.

I think the colors defined are meant for the Mr. Hobby/Aqueous Hobby Color paints. So you'll need to adjust and eyeball it if using other brands.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

16 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

I lost the 31j antenna. Since I got only one copy of it, anyone can take a few close pictures and measurements of it for me? 

Curious. Are you going to have it print it in metal? That antennae looks really prone to breaking. By the way, is there a way to remove the antenna?

Edited by no3Ljm

It didn't break, I think it just poped off when my daughter played with it ;)

i am looking to 3D model an upgrade version of it, but the original looks already highly detailed. Depending on the size I may make an antenna mixing plastic and diecast. Making a full metallic antenna? I don't know or perhaps in polished silver. 

4 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

i am looking to 3D model an upgrade version of it, but the original looks already highly detailed. Depending on the size I may make an antenna mixing plastic and diecast. Making a full metallic antenna? I don't know or perhaps in polished silver. 

yikes! :nea: I think you guys would hear the explosion of me blowing up in extreme rage and furious anger if some kid played and broke one of my Valks! LOL! :angry: :p:lol:

splosion.gif

I'd actually be interested in a way to remove it safely myself, I find my hand catching on it so often, I'd rather remove it entirely and avoid the possibility of breaking it off.

Part of why I really like Mirage's, it's got nothing sticking up from the head to break off.

9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Cool! Looking forward to see it. ;) Also, I'm really curious on how to remove it. I was actually trying to remove it last night so I can take photos for you. But I don't want to kind of force it but the head is already popped from the joint so I was looking underneath for a way to remove. Any thoughts? And maybe I can do it over the weekend so I can take photos of it too.

9 hours ago, spanner said:

yikes! :nea: I think you guys would hear the explosion of me blowing up in extreme rage and furious anger if some kid played and broke one of my Valks! LOL! :angry: :p:lol:

splosion.gif

Ha! You specified 'some kid'. What if your teenage son was still a kid? Would you go Wolverine's 'Berserker Barrage' here, eh? :lol: 

Wolverina.gif

What if that 'some kid' was a child of a girlfriend? What are you going to do, Spanner? Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'd actually be interested in a way to remove it safely myself, I find my hand catching on it so often, I'd rather remove it entirely and avoid the possibility of breaking it off.

Part of why I really like Mirage's, it's got nothing sticking up from the head to break off.

Me too. Want to know how to pull it off safely. ;)

5 hours ago, Duymon said:

Wow the 31J's just keep going up in price even on Madarake eh :0

Guess Mac D must be more popular than we thought

Thanks to Walkure I guess. ^_^

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Looks like there are folks going for the complete delta squadron! boggles my wallet heheh..

I'm leaning on that route as well. And it's the first time I'm going to complete a squadron. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

I noticed a 3D print service shop nearby my working place and I chatted with the guy there who was kind enough to print a model I made today. 

I have to say that I made it by feeling, knowing how Bandai usually make its antennas. So I went for a 3mm wide, 1,5m hole and bingo this is just exactly what was needed. The result was good enough to take pictures. I need to slightly angle down the antenna and that will be it! 

I will try to make it in silver if possible, stay tuned!

IMG_8994.JPG

IMG_8996.JPG

IMG_8998.JPG