The Interview is an upcoming action comedy film directed by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen (This Is the End) and stars Rogen (The Green Hornet, Dale in Pineapple Express) and James Franco (Saul in Pineapple Express, Will in Rise of the Planet of the Apes), along with Lizzy Caplan (Claire in Marvel One-Shot: Item 47, Amy in True Blood), Randall Park (Governor Chung in Veep), Diana Bang, and Timothy Simons (Jonah in Veep). Also appearing are Eminem (overrated rapper), Rob Lowe (former '80s sex tape scandal figure) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Don Jon, Blake in The Dark Knight Rises) as themselves. In the film, Rogen and Franco play celebrity journalists who travel to North Korea to interview Kim Jong-un, but are ordered by the CIA to assassinate him.

The film opens in theaters on Christmas Day.

Official Site

The Interview @ IMDb

Edited by areaseven

The Interview is an upcoming action comedy film directed by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen (This Is the End) and stars Rogen (The Green Hornet, Dale in Pineapple Express) and James Franco (Saul in Pineapple Express, Will in Rise of the Planet of the Apes), along with Lizzy Caplan (Claire in Marvel One-Shot: Item 47, Amy in True Blood), Randall Park (Governor Chung in Veep), and Timothy Simons (Jonah in Veep). In the film, Rogen and Franco play celebrity journalists who travel to North Korea to interview Kim Jong-un, but are ordered by the CIA to assassinate him.

The film opens in theaters on Christmas Day.

The Interview @ IMDb

I cant stand Seth Rogan movies. He is a modern day equilivant of Adam Sandler

• 4 weeks later...

No, that Red Band trailer does not inspire confidence.

That said This is the End was amazing, so that will earn The Interview at least an initial "I'll watch it on Cable/Netflix", if word of mouth about this is outstanding then maybe I'll see it at the theater.

-b.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been heavily implied that this film was responsible for Sony Pictures Entertainment's servers getting hacked late last month. The perpetrator was supposedly North Korea, as they've made threats over this film.

It certainly looks like it.

I've seen all the comments online about this and how people are upset or how we let the terrorists win. I agree with TangeldThomas, while its been mostly a massive hacking situation who knows how far they were truly willing to go. This is the safest move to do.

I've seen all the comments online about this and how people are upset or how we let the terrorists win. I agree with TangeldThomas, while its been mostly a massive hacking situation who knows how far they were truly willing to go. This is the safest move to do.

I appreciate you agreeing with me but we shouldn't cave into threats or extortion, even over what may be a crappy movie this is still a threat on our way of life.

All I'm seeing here is they just not gonna release it on Christmas....which was a horrible date to begin with.

But whatever, didn't wanna see the movie anyways, it's sony's loss but also shows that we can't protect ourselves without big brother stepping in : / bring on the government control.

Wait, I thought their goal was to stop the movie from being released. Isn't the hack just making it more readily available on the Internet instead?

As well as raising its profile from "dumb. unfunny comedy that'll have maybe one good week at the box office" to "major political cause."

Dear Sony Pictures:

Good call cancelling the movie's release. It was the safe thing to do. Now put it up on YouTube, in full. Show the terrorists who REALLY won today.

Sincerely, JB

I honestly think nothing was going to happen. The "terrorists" were too grandiose in their claims. "If you live near a movie theater, leave"? Really? Are they going to nuke the movie?

That said... you can't bomb every computer in America.

Dear Sony Pictures:

Good call cancelling the movie's release. It was the safe thing to do. Now put it up on YouTube, in full. Show the terrorists who REALLY won today.

Sincerely, JB

I honestly think nothing was going to happen. The "terrorists" were too grandiose in their claims. "If you live near a movie theater, leave"? Really? Are they going to nuke the movie?

That said... you can't bomb every computer in America.

What is to stop them from threatening Google who own Youtube? This is why we don't negotiate with terrorists.

The moral of the story is: Cyberterrorism works. This sets a ghastly precedent.

What is to stop them from threatening Google who own Youtube? This is why we don't negotiate with terrorists.

The moral of the story is: Cyberterrorism works. This sets a ghastly precedent.

The moral of the story is: Truman should have let MacArthur drop the nuke.

I honestly would have watched this, damn shame. Hopefully Sony will release it on demand somehow, if I remember right it had a 40 million dollar budget, and Sony's not doing great overall, so they gotta make some of that back somehow. I really don't get Kim Jong-un's problem, his father got it much worse in Team America World Police, but I guess, in the end, he was just a little lonely.

This event has certainly made the various cyber security companies more profits... though i just gotta ask: cant we just cut ALL their communication lines (outside of those in China) to the outside world. you cant hack if you cant get a dial-tone, right?