1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 2

For a custom? Extras for when some peel off? Personally I wish as much was tampo printed on. Especially anything that involves having to cut a sticker in half when it goes over a bump and anything circular. (cutting circles off a sticker sheet is harder than rectangles) Also I always shave off as much off the sticker with nothing printed on it, as possible.

If the koenig monster ever gets released in a new color or anything, I hope yamato at least give us printed un spacy and eyeball marking.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Thanks. I went the easiest route with the panel lines. I didn't want to paint anything or have to rub the plastic at all. So I used a really soft touch and a 0.3 mechanical pencil HB lead. I only used a minimal amount of lead so there won't be any smearing, I like the lines lighter too. It takes 1-2 hours. Pretty sure I got that idea from this forum.

I just lined one of my MP Primes with a 0.005 drawing pen. I couldn't help myself.

Can I sneak in a Prime pic, muuhaaaa!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/R_D...DSCF12402-2.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/R_D.../DSCF1240-2.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/R_D.../DSCF1201-3.jpg

Edited by R_Deckard

Seriously R_deckard, I'd like to know how the fart you managed to get such good detail and color contrast without a flash, even on the Super Stealth? Can this be done at night-time (the only time I have to do this stuff)? I've tried using a tripod and as much makeshift lighting as I could around midnight with cheap torchier lamps. I do not have a single decent overhead light in my house. Let me know what type of lighting you use. This is the best I could do... :(

FP1.jpg

FP4.jpg

FP3.jpg

On top of the toilet - the best light in the house :p !

toilet2.jpg

By the light of my kitchen hood :huh: (pretend the orange hue is a sunset)

IMG_0105.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

Can this be done at night-time (the only time I have to do this stuff)?

I've taken a bunch of Valk pics at night. And sometimes, my digital camera puts me in a "Damned if you do; Damned if you don't" situation.

I can use the flash, but then the colors on the Valks (especially, the Stealth) get over-exposed. Or I could turn off the flash, and pray that the auto-focus gets it right and that the shutter-speed is fast enough where my hand doesn't move and blur the pic.

The best technique I've been able to come up with that gets the Stealth to look the most "natural" during night-time shoots is to do the following:

1. Place the Stealth in a dark place or some place with very little light (the darker, the better).

2. Get a flashlight ready in one hand and your digital camera (with the flash feature ON) in the other.

3. Shine the flashlight on the Valk, and get the digital camera's auto-focus to "hit" on the lighted part.

4. Keep the auto-focus locked on.

5. Move the flashlight beam away from the Valk.

6. Take your shot.

Here's a couple examples I've taken:

P.S., in case you're wondering, that first pic was taken long before I ever added the custom stickers.

Every pic I've ever posted has been taken at night. It's all about having the proper lighting and something that can act as a tripod (I don't own a tripod but a box on the desk will usually suffice). I'm in the same boat, currently working lik 14 hour days so if I wanna take pics it's late. Anyway, my lighting needs improvement but even with the crappy lighting you can get things to turn out pretty nice with an adjustable digital camera (I'm using a Canon A620, like $200). Here's a sample (also note, I don't own and have never used any photo editing software).

post-2677-1156408127_thumb.jpg

Is that stealth visor green? That's awesome. Nice decals too, I like the black symbols.

I'm still trying to figure out my lighting. Good pics is all about lighting.

I use a Fuji E510 with a $20 tripod at about 1.5 feet away. I have it on the close up camera setting and I use the manual setting for lighting. It takes a lot of test shots to get the lighting right which is the key.

After I have a ton of pics I sort through them and pick the best.

Then as a final step I color correct them in Photoshop, which can really save your ass on imperfect lighting. I use Auto levels and Auto contrast and that's it.

I use cheap lamps with clamps on them and desk lamps. I'm no expert, but was a fine arts major so I have had photography classes which helps. Basically you want very even lighting across the entire model and no hotspots, unless you are doing some special lighting effect.

You can pick the lamps up cheap at any hardware store. I use them at close range which creates hotspots, so I drape white grocery plastic bags over them to help this.

Lamps

Here's some more Optimus Prime pics for you Arthurius

Master Piece Pics

Edited by R_Deckard

• 3 weeks later...

nice display, you just need to add in a 1/55 bandai reissue or original at least. And please pose that 1/48. Don't leave his left hand like that, makes the valk look gay. ;):D:p:lol: