Best Movie Badguy of all time?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Misa Hayase

misa.png

In this movie, this micro-manager first bully's a young teenager in the workplace by criticizing a creative autonomous decision he made to save his boss' job, threatening his job security if he does it again. (Real scary boss... wouldn't want her as my manager at work.) Then takes advantage of this teenager while his girlfriend is gone by playing helpless homemaker guiltily seducing him to forget his feelings for the other girl. very tricky one. If the teen's friend that he looked up to hadn't passed away, he would've made sure and kept him on track with his first girl. Best Villain Ever :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

it was her or Kaifun from DYRL

185607.jpg

best villains are the ones who get under my skin...

ep31_kaifun_go_home.png?w=500&h=375

creating the "i want to punch you in the face!!!" feeling.

another is: Callandra "Cally" Tyrol (though it's a tv series not a movie)

0001948yj0.jpg

when she finally died, i stood up and cheered. Best Villain in the series.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Seeing lots of love for Hans Gruber, but I think Alan Rickman had a slightly more memorable bad guy role that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet:

26682.jpg

And a couple more from my younger years... to overcome General Kael required nothing less than "the greatest swordsman who has ever lived," and his boss Bavmorda was quite chilling as well, sacrificing infants and turning entire armies into pigs (and had a smokin' hot daughter to boot). You know you remember them as awesome bad guys.

1489_2.jpgBavmorda.gif

• 4 weeks later...

The Duke of New York (Escape from New York)

"They sent in their best man, and when we roll across the 59th Street bridge tomorrow, on our way to freedom, we're going to have their best man leading the way - from the neck up! On the hood of my car!"

A-Number-1. The Big Man. That's who! The late Isaac Hayes gives a memorable performance as the top gang leader in Manhattan Island maximum security prison, as he holds the U.S. President captive and plans to use him as a human shield for a mass escape.

post-237-0-13697800-1381327294_thumb.jpg

Scorpio (Dirty Harry)

"No, don't pass out on me now cop! No, no, no, no, no. Do we understand each other? I said do we understand each other? Listen up cop, I changed my mind. I'm going to let her die, I just wanted you to know that."

Loosely based on the Zodiac Killer, who murdered five people between the 1960s and 1970s and remains at large, "Scorpio" is a deranged serial killer obsessed with murdering people for ransom. After a failed assassination attempt on a priest, Scorpio abducts and rapes a 14-year-old girl before burying her alive and demanding a $200,000 ransom for her life. Despite Detective Harry Callahan's willingness to play ball with him while delivering the ransom money, Scorpio decides to let the girl die anyway. Scorpio is arrested, but shortly released due to Callahan's violation of the Fourth Amendment. Furthermore, he hires a thug to beat him up and put the blame on Callahan. After leaving the hospital, Scorpio holds a school bus hostage and once again demands a ransom, along with a plane to leave the country. But his plans are once again thwarted by Callahan for good.

Andy Robinson's performance as Scorpio was so convincing that he received death threats from people who watched Dirty Harry. In the years to come, the character would become one of the core inspirations for Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker in The Dark Knight.

post-237-0-35264400-1381411532_thumb.jpg

I'm going to throw Benedict from The Last Action Hero in the mix

Ooh, I was going to mention him here, too (just never got around to it).

Recently rewatched that movie - and he's one of the best things in it - especially as a great out-of-the-box thinker. (Ian McKellan as Death IS the highlight of that movie).

Edited by sketchley

Okay then... Is it safe?

John_Doe_2.png

How about "John Doe" from Fincher's Se7en? Kevin Spacey plays "a sadistic serial killer whose meticulously planned murders correspond to the seven deadly sins: gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, pride, lust, and envy." And by the end of it all, you get set up for a gut-wrenching no-win scenario. Not too many movies have actually frightened me in the theater, but this is one that made the list.

What's In the Box? Whatz in the boxxxxxx?

yeah, that Movie is one of the best in genre story telling.

Best line....

"John Doe has the upper hand"

And you are sitting there thinking "What the hell??"

The Hillbillies (Deliverance)
"I bet you can squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!"

Proof that the woods are no place for a city boy. When Ed (Jon Voight) and Bobby (Ned Beatty) are separated from Lewis (Burt Reynolds) and Drew (Ronny Cox) during a river run, they are suddenly cornered by two hillbillies who tie Ed to a tree and rape Bobby. Before they do the same to Ed, one of the hillbillies gets an arrow through his heart, courtesy of Lewis.

post-237-0-21266900-1382103802_thumb.jpg

Edited by areaseven

How about "John Doe" from Fincher's Se7en? Kevin Spacey plays "a sadistic serial killer whose meticulously planned murders correspond to the seven deadly sins: gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, pride, lust, and envy." And by the end of it all, you get set up for a gut-wrenching no-win scenario. Not too many movies have actually frightened me in the theater, but this is one that made the list.

same here. i have yet to work up the courage to watch it a second time since i saw it at the theater.

• 1 month later...

Veruca Salt (Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory)

"I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me now."

Before Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan, Veruca Salt was the definition of spoiled rich girl. She forced her father to have his factory rummage through thousands of boxes of Wonka bars just for a Golden Ticket. And once she entered the Wonka factory, her greed brought forth her downfall.

"She was a bad egg." - Willy Wonka

post-237-0-47576300-1384868329.jpg

• 5 months later...

Scar (The Lion King)

"Life's not fair, is it? You see, I... well, I shall never be king. And you... shall never see the light of another day. Hmm-hmm-hmm, adieu."

The jealous younger brother of King Mufasa. Seeing that the young Simba will be heir to Mufasa's throne, Scar has Mufasa trampled to death in a wildebeest stampede and places the blame on Simba before telling the young cub to run away and never return.

"Long live the king."

post-237-0-02732700-1398308415.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Koba (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)

"Human... work. Human... work. Human... work! HUMAN... WORK!!!"

Easily the most menacing primate in film history. Having been a test subject for years, Koba despises all humans and will not hesitate to kill them - as seen when he pushed Gen-Sys CEO Steven Jacobs off the Golden Gate Bridge in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Disgusted by Caesar's hopes of both Apes and humans coexisting in peace, Koba betrays the Ape leader by shooting him with a machine gun and placing the blame on the humans, leading to an Ape invasion of the human stronghold in San Francisco.

post-237-0-53662300-1405180967.jpg

Edited by areaseven

• 1 month later...

The crooks from Crocodile 2: Death Swamp. Greedy, hateful, lustful, hubris, jealous, war-loving, cruel, oppressive, ruthless, and apathetic. The four of them personified the evils and dark side of humanity, consistent and always in control. Even against nature, the crooks indiscriminately slay all those that do not follow their warped views and interests. Their evil is quite unparalleled. Aside from the teenagers from Flu Birds I cannot think of any villain(s) that hold a candle to their villainy.

• 2 months later...