Best Movie Badguy of all time?

• 2 months later...

Stripe (Gremlins)

"Gizmo... caca!"

Originally one of the offspring of the Mogwai named Gizmo, Stripe and his brothers are mutated into gremlins after being fed past midnight. Once they hatch out of their cocoons, the gremlins wreak havoc at the Peltzer family's home before all but Stripe are killed. Stripe then jumps into a swimming pool and spawns hundreds more gremlins to make a living hell out of the town on Christmas Eve.

post-237-0-29838000-1421921104_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Neville Sinclair (The Rocketeer)
"Who are they going to believe? A cheap crook, or the number-three box-office star in America?"

A top Hollywood actor who turns out to be a Nazi spy who wants his hands on Howard Hughes' top-secret rocket pack, which ends up in the hands of unemployed stunt pilot Cliff Secord. When he finds out that Cliff has the rocket pack and actress Jenny Blake is Cliff's girlfriend, Sinclair kidnaps Jenny and orders Cliff to hand over the rocket pack in exchange for Jenny's life.

"It wasn't lies, Jenny. It was acting."

post-237-0-38993600-1427005412_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Terence Fletcher (Whiplash)
"There are no two words in the English language more harmful than 'good job'."

J. K. Simmons won the Oscar for Best Supporting actor in his role as an extremely abusive music teacher who demands perfection in jazz music by any means necessary. This goes beyond what most boot camp drill instructors would actually do, such as physically and verbally berating his students and forcing them to play all night until their hands bleed. This puts a severe strain in the life of aspiring drummer Andrew Neiman (Miles Teller), who gets into a car accident while retrieving his sticks before a jazz competition and arrives late and bloodied up before being dismissed by Fletcher and eventually expelled for attacking the teacher.

• 3 months later...

Like Father, Like Son.

Kim Jong-il (Team America: World Police)
"Why is evawyrone so fawkin' stoopid?"

The ruler of North Korea vows to bring the whole world under his control by funding terrorists worldwide and starting a nuclear holocaust. But after Team America thwart his plans, he reveals himself to be a space cockroach before fleeing back to his home planet.

Kim Jong-un (The Interview)

"You know what's more destructive than a nuclear bomb? Words."

They say that he doesn't pee or poop because he uses up so much energy in his body that it's impossible for him to do so. At least that's what the propaganda machine wants you to believe. What they won't tell you is that Kim Jong-un drinks margaritas and listens to Katy Perry.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Kim Jong-un has just pooed in his pants." - Dave Skylark

• 1 month later...

Kylo Ren (Star Wars New Trilogy) - Qualified or not? Make sure to use the Spoiler tag on your explanations.

Waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too early in the new trilogy to make that call.

-b.

*edit for really bad grammar and because apparently I was posting while half-asleep :wacko: :blink:

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Kylo Ren (Star Wars New Trilogy) - Qualified or not? Make sure to use the Spoiler tag on your explanations.

not yet,

he's basically just a better acted version of Anakin Skywalker from the prequel films at this point.

Waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too early in the new trilogy to make that call.

-b.

*edit for really bad grammar and because apparently I was posting while half-asleep :wacko::blink:

No - I expect a best villain to be more memorable. Kylo is pathetic. Someone online called him Darth Millenial and I think that is a fitting description.

It does not help that the Admirial/General he works beside is also pathetic, Star Wars had Peter Cushing playing Grand Moff Tarkin and this had some kid just out of diapers.

not yet,

he's basically just a better acted version of Anakin Skywalker from the prequel films at this point.

Well, killing his father, who happens to be Han Solo, is a good start

No - I expect a best villain to be more memorable. Kylo is pathetic. Someone online called him Darth Millenial and I think that is a fitting description.

It does not help that the Admirial/General he works beside is also pathetic, Star Wars had Peter Cushing playing Grand Moff Tarkin and this had some kid just out of diapers.

I think the casting for Kylo & Hux is quite fitting, with the old order gone and the youngbloods stepping up and struggling to follow their shoesteps.

Spoiler season is over for The Force Awakens so beware...

The problem with the New Order baddies is that they act like children, petulant children at that. If you want to see how a young character can be a leader look at "Band of Brothers". The leaders in that were young but the directors knew how to get the old beyond their years look that is required for leadership positions like they had.

So it's settled - Kylo Ren has yet to prove himself in this thread.

Now, on to another candidate. Yes or no?

Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars Prequel Trilogy)

"I don't like sand. It's course and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here, everything's soft and smooth."

Pros:

+ Does not hesitate to kill men, women, and children of any species. In Episode II, he singlehandedly slaughtered an entire Tusken Raider village after they kidnapped and tortured his mother to death. Then in Episode III, Anakin massacred an entire school of Padawans.

+ Despite his shortcomings listed below, he transcends into the villain we know and love as Darth Vader.

Cons:

- Portrayed by Jake Lloyd in Episode I, resulting in a bland character.

- Portrayed by Hayden Christensen in Episodes II-III, resulting in an even worse version with some of the most painful acting and dialogue in cinematic history (hence the nickname "Mannequin Skywalker"). One might say that aside from Jar-Jar Binks, this portrayal of Anakin killed the Prequel Trilogy.

Edited by areaseven

I think it's fair to rate this as a combined effort of badly scripted dialogue, uninspired directing and zero-charisma acting that sunk the character.

I hate to blame Hayden Christensen for it, he might not be a great actor but those lines were so terrible that Laurence Olivier would not have been able to make them sound decent. When given the classic Star Wars banter lines he did pretty well.

I hate to blame Hayden Christensen for it, he might not be a great actor but those lines were so terrible that Laurence Olivier would not have been able to make them sound decent. When given the classic Star Wars banter lines he did pretty well.

Agreed that he's not a bad actor (more of a middling one), so there's only so much blame for it that rests on his shoulders.

A lot of the problem lies in George Lucas's writing, and his directing style. It's kind of shocking to hear some of the actors complaints about it (especially, but not limited to the prequel series).

On the other hand, Mr. Lucas is a much better business manager. The recent article on the BBC about it was quite an interesting read. It's a real shame that his people skills in a managerial situation didn't translate well when he was in the directorial seat.

If Netflix series' are allowed (and they are, dammit!) then I've got to nominate Kilgrave from Jessica Jones.

Without being a world-conquering, warmongering, kill-em-all sterotyipcal badguy, David Tennant made Kilgrave into such a slimy, horiffically EVIL villain that has all the wit and charm of a hero and the morals of... um... check that, no morals at all. There are fascinating layers to the character, while never letting the audience understand just how repulsive and nasty he really is.

Props to Netflix for letting a show (and a character) like this to happen.

Submitted for your consideration, two of the best villains in all of the MCU:

1. Kilgrave from Jessica Jones.

Just watch the first scene in the attached clip to see what an evil, amoral bastard he is. There's other scenes in this clip, but WARNING, they contain SPOILERS for the series:

2. Wilson Fisk from Daredevil.

Some background info: You're a Russian mobster. You and your brother made a mistake, and you want to do the right thing and apologize to Mr. Fisk. In person. Except you embarrassed him in front of a lady he was trying to impress.

Meet Brute Force and Unencumbered Rage:

I personally think Kilgrave's creepiest, most vile moment was in 1x05, where we was talking to Jessica on the phone. He didn't need to use his powers, but was still so controlling and compelling that he talked Jessica into doing what he wanted. He was smart and perceptive enough to figure out what she was thinking about without her having to utter a word.

Kilgrave is the worst!

John Kreese (The Karate Kid)

"Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it? Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it? Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

A Vietnam War Veteran who runs the Cobra Kai Dojo and teaches his students to show no mercy. As a result, his pupils such as Johnny Lawrence rely on bullying tactics to get what they want. During the semifinals of the Under-18 All-Valley Karate Tournament, Kreese orders Bobby Brown to break Daniel Larusso's knee; Bobby would be disqualified, but Johnny would win the tournament by default due to Daniel's injury. But when Daniel resurfaces for the final round, Kreese then orders Johnny to sweep Daniel's injured leg.

"Sweep the leg. Do you have a problem with that?"

post-237-0-24764600-1451805580_thumb.jpg