Best Movie Badguy of all time?

'Doctor Strangelove: Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb" (1964)

Directed by Stanley Kubrick

Sarring

Peter Sellers (Gr. Capt. Lionel Mandrake, President Mirkin J. Muffley, Dr. Strangelove)

George C. Scott (Gen Buck Turgidson)

Stirling Hayden (Gen Jack T. Ripper)

Slim Pickens (Maj. 'King' Kong)

Keenan Wynn (Col. Batt Guano)

James Earl Jones (B-52 Bombardier)

That's what we're talking about. :lol:

Dude, how could you forget Tracy Reed as Miss Scott? She was probably the only sane character in the film. And she was hot during the time.B))

Dude, how could you forget Tracy Reed as Miss Scott? She was probably the only sane character in the film. And she was hot during the time.B))

He also left out Peter Bull as Ambassador De Sadesky.

Saddam Hussein (Hot Shots! Part Deux)
"They've dicked with the wrong dictator!"

Not only is he the ruthless dictator of Iraq, he's also part Darth Vader, part T-1000 and part Wicked Witch of the West! laugh.gif

Saddam Hussein (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)
"Yeah! Yeah, this is getting me so hot! Hey Satan, come on over here and rub my nipples while I torture this little piggy!"

Even Satan himself hated Saddam Hussein. laugh.gif

Edited by areaseven

Henry Fonda's character "Frank" in Once Upon a Time in the West was a great mean sonofabi*ch...

once-upon-a-time.jpg

1) ruthless: has his men murder an entire family as they prepare for a wedding feast at thier home; but they leave one survivor, a little boy. When one of the men calls their leader Frank by name, asking what to do with the child, Frank (Henry Fonda) draws his pistol and slowly takes aim at the last remaining witness. With a self-satisfied grin, he pulls the trigger. He tries to frame Cheyenne and his gang for the murders.

2) ambitious: no longer content with just being a hired gun, Frank wants to become a wealthy businessman and rival men like Morton the railroad baron.

3) cruel: among his past victims is Harmonica's (Charles Bronson) older brother. A younger Frank strides out of the desert to the isolated ruin of a Spanish mission--a lone arch with a bell hanging at the top. He places a brand-new harmonica into a young man's mouth, telling him to keep his lovin' brother happy. The youth's hands are bound behind him, and his older brother, also bound, is standing on his shoulders with a noose around his neck. Frank and his men wait for the inevitable moment when the boy's legs will give way and complete the hanging. The doomed man curses Frank and kicks his younger brother away. The harmonica drops out of the young man's mouth as he falls into the dust.

5) just plain mean

[Frank just knocked Morton off of his crutches]

Morton: Is that sufficient to make you feel stronger?

Frank: I could squash you like a wormy apple!

Morton: Sure. But you won't do it... because it's... not to your advantage...

Frank: Hmm. Who knows how far you'd have gone with two good legs, huh?

This is a good movie. Makes wonderful use of pacing and suspense, and uses the film score to great effect, no wasted or superfluous dialogue. Something modern filmmakers/audiences don't seem to have the attention or patience for...

One of the better candidates in this thread.

Sane? Possibly. She did have her pick of Air Force generals (As indicated by her relay-conversation in Buck's bedroom), but she was only a minor part, at best.

Also, He also left out Peter Bull as Ambassador De Sadesky.

Now, that IS an oversight on my part, and thanks for the correction! :D

Not just the best villian, but probably the best Western ever.

Taksraven

You are joking, right?

No, what do you think is better?

Taksraven

Hmm, now that's strictly subjective--could start a thread all its own on the debate for that.

There are plenty of good candidates (and I used to not even like westerns), and for various reasons.

Clint Eastwood's put in some good ones, like The Outlaw Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter, and Unforgiven (another fav). Tombstone is a personal fav of mine, an excellent cast that made for memorable characters, particularly Doc and Wyatt. Wyatt Earp is a good one too, as it has more depth; like how it looks more into the lifetime of events that shaped the man, not just one infamous shootout. There's The Shootist, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and among the "guilty pleasures" The White Buffalo; not necessarily great for high production values by any means, just remember them being standard Saturday a'noon fare on the idiot-box, as a kid.

• 4 weeks later...

Two candidates from me today. The first is Robert Duval's Frank Burns from the original MASH film. An absolute c*nt, makes the TV series Burns look like Ghandi.

Robert-Duvall-Mash_l.jpg

Second, I normally would not consider "historical" figures, particularly ones that are incorrectly portrayed, but Patrick McGoohan as Longshanks from Braveheart was a terrifyingly evil character.

villains5.jpg

I don't feel that Longshanks comes across as a particularly memorable villain. He was portrayed as a fairly prototypical monarch of the late middle ages - hence it would be unusual for him not to be extremely violent!

Then again... I really don't feel like Braveheart was that great of a movie.

Edited by Ghost Train

Not just the best villian, but probably the best Western ever.

Taksraven

And one of the best movies ever. Period. I might have seen it 20 times, and yet the final flashback and duel scene still gives me goosebumps when I see it.

And yeah, Frank is one mean bad guy.

• 4 months later...

Stuntman Mike (Death Proof)

"Hey, Pam, remember when I said this car was death proof? Well, that wasn't a lie. This car is 100% death proof. Only to get the benefit of it, honey, you REALLY need to be sitting in my seat."

In his best performance since Jack Burton in Big Trouble in Little China, Kurt Russell should have received an Oscar nomination for his role as a serial killer on wheels.

post-237-129091435272_thumb.jpg

Edited by areaseven

I have to go with Luke Skywalker. He and his friends pushed civil war on an entire Galaxy. Used civilians as human shields, causing the destruction of an entire planet. Overthrew the democratically elected government and reinstated an aristocratic and theocratic government.

He's a brutal religious jedi-o-fascist.

I have to go with Luke Skywalker. He and his friends pushed civil war on an entire Galaxy. Used civilians as human shields, causing the destruction of an entire planet. Overthrew the democratically elected government and reinstated an aristocratic and theocratic government.

Don't forget mutilating his own father in the process.

Don't forget he kisses his sister too!:D Total bad guy.

yup, it's a pretty sick, sick story. He sides with the people who kidnapped him as a child, tries to seduce his own sister, sides with smugglers and other criminals against legitimate business people.

He's a sick bastard.

What about Wall-E? He disrupts a bliss-filled peaceful living and forces everyone to live on a used up, spent planet forcing hard labor on the overweight small boned last survivors of the human race. And his best friend was a roach.

Bayverse Optimus is guilty as sin, too.

He abandons his brother-in-arms Bumblebee to his fate in the hands of violent humans bent on cutting him open like a lab rat and conducting heinous experiments on him. Then he mercilessly decapitates Bonecrusher, and simply tosses his enemy's head on the ground in disdain.

Dude don't fight fair, either. Knowing that Megatron's the stronger bot, OP schemes with the humans to shoot his adversary in the back with a squadron of F-22's.

He gets even more psychotic in ROTF, preferring to shoot his enemies in the eye, and he's even developed a penchant for facial mutilation.

And did I mention that he straps on the remains of his fallen elders when going into battle?

Lennox ranks a close second. Man likes to shoot his enemy in the crotch. Nasty.

Edited by GU-11

Thats awesome.

• 2 months later...