Best Movie Badguy of all time?

Do animated movies count? If so, I'd nominate: Raoh [original, don't like the "re-imagined" HNK series as much]

i141337_Raoh.jpg

Capable of killing merely with the force of his spirit/aura; willing to destroy any and all who stand in the way of his "hegemony," whether friend, foe or blood relation...the epitome of bad a$$.

How about the warden in the HK movie "Riki-oh"?

Just saw that movie recently. OMG, what a riot! :lol: I say that's about as close to a live action Hokuto No Ken as we'll ever see--only if there were no nuclear war, and Kenshiro got sent to prison on a frame-up.

"You got a lot of guts, Oscar!" :lol:

Incidentally, the actor who played the Assistant Warden is the real-life father of the guy who played Riki-Oh. :blink: Kinda wierd. If you go back and re-watch it, you can't help but see the resemblance.

Good choice, but nah. Raoh wouldn't even have to bother getting down off of Kokuoh-Go to kill that poor fellow.

Edited by reddsun1

Not even after Ricky Ho shoved him down a meat grinder?

Of course not...after that, he couldn't stand at all... :p

Really, MY favorite bad guy in that movie was the one who tried to strangle Ricky with his intestines. For a moviegoer as jaded as myself, sometimes I feel like there really is nothing new under the sun...but that scene proved me wrong. :D

Leon-gary-oldman-3670378-385-477.jpg

Gary Oldman from "The Professional" was pretty cool back in the day i watched it, murdering bastard with a penchant for classical music, loved his style.

need to see that movie again!

Plus who can go past Christopher Walken in almost whatever he is in?

p44a.jpg

These two are ultimate psychos that should earn deadly respect.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

How could I forget: Nick McCauley, from Heat, a personal fav....

sfm_heat04.jpg

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

chock full of some of the best movie quotes ever.

"Cause she's got a great ass... and you got your head all the way up it! Ferocious, aren't I? When I think of asses, a woman's ass, something comes out of me." ^_^

Edited by reddsun1

How could I forget: Nick McCauley, from Heat, a personal fav....

sfm_heat04.jpg

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

chock full of some of the best movie quotes ever.

"Cause she's got a great ass... and you got your head all the way up it! Ferocious, aren't I? When I think of asses, a woman's ass, something comes out of me." ^_^

I always thought that this McCauley threat was his coldest (and best) moment in the film.....

[Over the phone]

Van Zant: What are you doing?

Neil McCauley: What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone.

Van Zant: I don't understand.

Neil McCauley: 'Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this f*ckin' line

Not sure if I would consider McCauley the "Bad Guy" though. The whole point of the film I thought was to show that there is often little difference between those on both sides of the law. Except for Waingro, he was a psycho.

Taksraven

Not sure if I would consider McCauley the "Bad Guy" though. The whole point of the film I thought was to show that there is often little difference between those on both sides of the law. Except for Waingro, he was a psycho.

Mowing down about 30 policemen with an assault rifle does qualify for "Bad Guy" in my book.

I always thought that this McCauley threat was his coldest (and best) moment in the film.....

[Over the phone]

Van Zant: What are you doing?

Neil McCauley: What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone.

Van Zant: I don't understand.

Neil McCauley: 'Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this f*ckin' line

Taksraven

Oh, he's a bad guy alright. Let's not forget: in spite of his straightforward, no-nonsense personality--he still robs banks and kills people. It's just that he's such a cool, bad motherfu**er; he's the bad guy that most guys would want to be like, if they were to lead a life of crime. He's a wonderful contradiction--like other characters in the movie--in that: he's at once likable because of his personality, but despicable because of his profession.

For me, some of the best scenes in the movie don't even have dialogue. The part where he's in the car with Eady, about to make his getaway; McCauley says more with his facial expressions than any 10 spoken lines could have in that same scene. Love that scene, along with the one where Chris has to leave his wife in order to get away, and when Breeden decides he wants in as driver on the big robbery.

Edited by reddsun1

darthvadervn.jpg

No one else even comes close.

Meh, 'til they totally emasculated him in the prequels. <_< I just prefer to ignore those films alltogether.

He does still deserve high standing amongst movie bad guys; maybe because he does renounce the Dark Side? He serves as an example in that even if one does lose their way, there is hope for redemption.

I would say one of the greats has got to be Heath Ledger's Joker from the Dark Knight Returns. Definitely badass.

Hmm, that's a tough one. But in the end, for me Nicholson's Joker still gets the win by a slight margin. His version had more class. While Ledger's Joker was indeed entertainingly insane, he still comes across as more thuggish, not "supervillian"; like an exceptional street punk, but still just a punk, with makeup and grimy hair.

I prefer Nicholson's Joker, but Bale's Batman.

Hmm, that's a tough one. But in the end, for me Nicholson's Joker still gets the win by a slight margin. His version had more class. While Ledger's Joker was indeed entertainingly insane, he still comes across as more thuggish, not "supervillian"; like an exceptional street punk, but still just a punk, with makeup and grimy hair.

I prefer Nicholson's Joker, but Bale's Batman.

Bale screwed up his Batman voice in TDK & just sounded like he smoked too many cigarettes for 25 years.

I too like Nicholson's Joker better. They were trying too hard with Ledger I think & ended up with something that wasn't really the Joker imo. I honestly think much of the praise was because Ledger died shortly beforehand.

Clarence is so quotable! "YOU BURNED THE F*CKING MONEYYY!!"

Nah, the reason some folks like Ledger's Joker is that he struck the perfect balance between disturbingly amusing and cold-blooded psycho. He could be campy, but there was always a very dark undertone brimming right under the surface.

One minute you find yourself wanting to hang out with him and witness his wildly twisted brand of humor. And the very next second, you wanna get the bloody hell away from that sick freak.

That and he is Batman's formidable equal in almost every regard. I could never say that about Nicholson's Joker.

I think Ledger's Joker was really well done, basically for the reasons Mog stated. To me, Batman has never been about super villians, I mean Batman is probably the least traditional popular superhero. He's just a really really rich dude who likes to fight bad guys. Similarly, Batman has always seemed at least slightly more grounded to me, many of the most iconic villains are twisted, mentally broken individuals that don't seem so far fetched (obviously there are exceptions).

Best movie villain of all time, I'd have to say Vader is definitely high up there. I'd throw Kahn (from ST:II) and Agent Smith in as well for really great villains.

Similarly, Batman has always seemed at least slightly more grounded to me, many of the most iconic villains are twisted, mentally broken individuals that don't seem so far fetched (obviously there are exceptions).

Alan Moore had an interesting take on Batman in an interview on "Watchmen," i.e. that by standards of normal, lawbiding behavior, one could say that Bruce Wayne/Batman is a bit of a nut himself. I recently read the online Watchmen comic, and actually really enjoyed it. Liked how Night Owl II and Rorschach were like opposite sides of the same coin as representations of a Bruce Wayne/Batman like character with a more "realistic" development. Night Owl, the rich do-gooder with near limitless finacial and technological resorces at his disposal; Rorschach with the "emotional baggage" of a childhood trauma, making him feel a compulsion to completely dedicate himself to punishing crime and avenging the innocent.

Ozymandius and Dr. Manhattan were definitely the "bad guys" of that story to me. "The path to hell is paved with good intentions," eh? In a way, they were both real a**holes.

*ed: and now, I actually kinda don't want to see the movie--no matter how faithful they say it is to the comic.....where the hell's the giant octopus, man?!

Edited by reddsun1

Exactly, that's part of what makes Batman such a great character. Despite his hero status he could be viewed as very damaged himself. Aside from his limitless wealth, I think he is easily the most identifiable super hero.

And in an effort to stay on topic, the T-1000 would also be on my list of great villains.

Exactly, that's part of what makes Batman such a great character. Despite his hero status he could be viewed as very damaged himself. Aside from his limitless wealth, I think he is easily the most identifiable super hero.

And in an effort to stay on topic, the T-1000 would also be on my list of great villains.

Yeah, the T-1000 we have at work scares the hell out of me.

T1000systemcolor1.jpg

And as was always say about it........

Always impersonate a human

Taksraven