Best Movie Badguy of all time?

Wife rented Downfall and i just finished it. That has to be the creepiest movie i have seen in a while. The actor playing hitler got it TOO right. My skin is still crawling. He even had the parkinsns disease shake down.

Edited by HWR MKII

Wife rented Downfall and i just finished it. That has to be the creepiest movie i have seen in a while. The actor playing hitler got it TOO right.

391029[/snapback]

That was the big controversy surrounding this film when it came out.

People were angry that the monster was protrayed as human. Problem is, Hitler was human.

If we're going to edge over into animated characters then I'll mention Galvatron.  That villain personifies every attribute that could be associated with an evil character...

391000[/snapback]

Naw, Megatron was more badass. He just took a hostage and then shot up his most hated enemy. He blew away Ironhide without even flinching. He convinced a gullible Earth that he was really a good guy, then enslaved them all.

Galvatron, on the other hand, was just a big overgrown bully.

Oh yeah, can't forget:

Toecutter (Mad Max): runs down innocent women and babies w/out a second glance; all around raging anti-authority arsehole and psychopath "Jesse, Jesse, Jesse! You've not got a sense of humor!"

Devil (Legend): Tim Curry brought across a pretty charismatic and devious bad guy, in spite of his outwardly grotesque and seemingly brutish looks in this flick. Was he supposed to be "The Devil" or just "A Devil" in this movie?

Edited by reddsun1

Han (Enter the Dragon)

"Very few people can be totally ruthless. It isn't easy, it takes more strength than you might believe."

A former disciple of Lee's master, Han abandoned all the Shaolin principles in the name of drug trafficking. He holds a martial arts tournament on his private island to recruit more henchmen in his organization. One day, after his guards fail to catch Lee during curfew, Han falsely accuses Williams and kills him. He then drops him into a vat of acid while persuading Roper to join his cartel.

Williams: "You come straight out of a comic book!"

Devil (Legend): Tim Curry brought across a pretty charismatic and devious bad guy, in spite of his outwardly grotesque and seemingly brutish looks in this flick.  Was he supposed to be "The Devil" or just "A Devil" in this movie?

391313[/snapback]

Don't forget: his character was simply known as 'Darkness.' As to wether he was ment to be 'a' or 'the' devil, I'm going to guess 'the.' Since he is set up to represent the 'dark side', as it were, I suppose it is safe to speculate there were none badder than he, so he was probably 'top devil.'

As for all-around best 'bad' guy (as in, really-really-nasty-bad-ass-and-not-in-that-Han-Solo-rogue-kinda-way characters), I say the following characters definitly are in the running. No cool anti-heroes here, just stone-cold bad men:

- 'Tigrero' (a.k.a. 'Loco') in The Great Silence, played by Klaus Kinski

- 'Frank' in Once Upon A Time In the West, played by Henry Fonda

- 'Angel Eyes' in The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly, played by Lee Van Cleef

- 'Tommy DeVito' in Goodfellas, played by Joe Pesci

- 'The Jackal' in The Day of the Jackal, played by Edward Fox

- 'The Lieutenant' in The Bad Lieutenant, played by Harvey Keitel

- 'Richard K. Straker' in Salem's Lot, Played by James Mason

...and the baddest-ass silver screen bad guy, IMHO:

- 'Harry Powell' in Charles Laughton's freaky-deaky surreal The Night Of The Hunter, played by Robert Mitchum. CLASSIC.

Dick Jones from Robocop.

Sephiroth - Advent Children.

He's the darkness in Cloud's heart realized.

Akuma - Street Fighter Alpha

He's the darkness in Ryu's heart realized.

The huge Asian dude from Bloodsport.

He's the darkness in Jean Claude Van Damn's heart realized. (somewhat like A1)

>.>;;

Bill - Kill Bill

He's David Friggin' Caradine.

Simon Phoenix, again. - Demolition Man

He's the darkness in John Spartan's heart realized.

Magneto - X-Men

He's the darkness in Charles Xavier's hear realized.

And Kiefer Sutherland in Phone Booth, again.

He's the darkness in...well, you get it.

Edited by Chewie

The huge Asian dude from Bloodsport.

391525[/snapback]

His name is Bolo Yeung. You best respect, homey.

391562[/snapback]

I thought he was more intimidating in Enter the Dragon, though.

Speaking of martial arts films, how about Tong Po from Kickboxer?

"You bleed like Mylee! Mylee... good f*ck!"

Qin Shi Huang (or Ying Zheng), First Emperor of China as protrayed by Xuejian Li in the film The Emperor and The Assassin.

I suppose he had a very noble cause, but when you start slaughtering the children of opposing kingdoms I have to move you over to the "badguy" column.

Naw, Megatron was more badass.  He just took a hostage and then shot up his most hated enemy.  He blew away Ironhide without even flinching.  He convinced a gullible Earth that he was really a good guy, then enslaved them all.

Galvatron, on the other hand, was just a big overgrown bully.

Umm...Galvatron and Megatron are the same "person"...

Edited by myk

Darwin Mayflower from Hudson Hawk!

-Listen, this might be hard to believe,

but I'm just a regular Joe.

I just want to be happy.

And happiness comes from the achieving of goals.

It's just that when you've made your first billion by the age of 19 it's hard to come up with new ones.

But now, finally, I got myself a new goal.

World domination!

No, it wasn't. You just have to see it like a hundred times to understand it.

392424[/snapback]

And have a good sense of humour. I thought it was hilarious.

392578[/snapback]

Amen. That movie was good for what it was, something to laugh at.

e.e

- C

No, it wasn't. You just have to see it like a hundred times to understand it.

392424[/snapback]

And have a good sense of humour. I thought it was hilarious.

392578[/snapback]

Are kidding me? I mean it was a movie that featured mercenaries named after candy bars for God's sake. How very clever.

I'm not saying "dumb" can't be funny. Hot Shots and Hot Shots: Part Duex were dumb movies but they were funny as well. I'm sorry but Hudson Hawk was just straight up dumb.

• 3 years later...
Well, in that case, which Hitler movie did you have in mind? (Don't say Schindler's List, as he wasn't even in that film.)

Downfall (2004)

Yeah, talk about thread necromancy.

The previous poster mentioned that Hitler was the best movie bad guy of all-time. Perhaps he was one of the ultimate villains in real life, but unfortunately, no one takes Hitler on film seriously anymore. Especially Downfall, which has been parody subbed thousands of times on YouTube. Just click on the link below for some samples:

Hitler Downfall Parodies

BTW, I haven't seen Inglorious Basterds yet, so how was Hitler's portrayal on that film.