Best Movie Badguy of all time?

So much evil in this thread!

Good choices from all...well except for Ivan Draggo...wtf??? <_<

Anyways I am suprised no one has mentioned:

hans1.jpg

Hans Gruber from Die Hard 1 played by Alan Rickman...absolutly evil!

Memorable Quote:

" I wanted this to be professional. Efficient, adroit, cooperative, not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way, so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life."

Edited by Zor Primus

hans1.jpg

Memorable Quote:

" I wanted this to be professional. Efficient, adroit, cooperative, not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way, so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life."

4th reply on the 1st page of this thread...

John Lithgow from footloose, major bad guy, i mean come on, who hates dancing?

post-26-1113666500.jpg

Edited by Mechwarrior

hans1.jpg

Memorable Quote:

Oh crap... I feel bad for forgetting Hans Gruber. He was an exceptional thief!

Nagi Hassan (Executive Decision)

Here's your stereotypical a-hole terrorist on the big screen. He hijacks a plane and loads it with enough poisonous gas to kill the entire East Coast. He threatens to crash the plane unless the U.S. government releases an Albanian terrorist. But despite the immediate release of the terrorist, Hassan proceeds to send the plane on its course of destruction. And when he finds out that Phil Grant (Kurt Russell) and the special ops have defused the bomb aboard the plane, he shoots through the cockpit, killing both pilots.

• 11 months later...

Uh... Adolf Hitler was an actual person, not a movie badguy.

And how did we miss the ultimate baddie: Ash's possessed, severed hand from Evil Dead 2!

post-2290-1144968480.jpg

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Uh... Adolf Hitler was an actual person, not a movie badguy.

390843[/snapback]

Yeah, but he's been protrayed in movies, so technically he's a movie badguy.

My badguy trumps all of your badguys combined.

390872[/snapback]

As a movie bad guy, Hitler wasn't all that. Especially on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

As a matter of fact, Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong-Il made better movie bad guys than Hitler did.

Killing six million Jews ain't enough for you?  You sir, are f*cking hardcore!  I salute you.

I have a rule: "no hard liquor until the sun goes down".  But I just feel like getting sh1t-faced for some reason.

390902[/snapback]

Dude, that was in real life. On-screen portrayals of Hitler don't come close.

Killing six million Jews ain't enough for you?  You sir, are f*cking hardcore!  I salute you.

I have a rule: "no hard liquor until the sun goes down".  But I just feel like getting sh1t-faced for some reason.

390902[/snapback]

Dude, that was in real life. On-screen portrayals of Hitler don't come close.

390909[/snapback]

What are you talking about? If Hitler is in the movie and it takes place between 1942 and 1945, then the Holocaust counts.

What are you talking about?  If Hitler is in the movie and it takes place between 1942 and 1945, then the Holocaust counts.

390910[/snapback]

Well, in that case, which Hitler movie did you have in mind? (Don't say Schindler's List, as he wasn't even in that film.)

390915[/snapback]

Downfall (2004)

So many great villains to choose from, and so many reasons :)

• Jack Torrence (The Shining, 1980) - "HERE'S JOHNNY!"
  • Joker (Batman, 1989) - "Jack is dead, my friend. You can call me Joker...and as you can see, I'm a lot happier"
  • Col. Nathan R. Jessep (A Few Good Men, 1992) - "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"
  • Don Vito Corleone (The Godfather, 1972) - "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse"
  • Colonel Walter E. Kurtz (Apocalypse Now, 1979) - "The horror...the horror..."
  • Darth Vader (Star Wars, 1977) - "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
  • Roy Batty (Blade Runner, 1982) - "Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave"
  • Hans Gruber (Die Hard, 1988) - "Who said we were terrorists?"
  • Commodus (Gladiator, 2000) - "AM I NOT MERCIFUL?!"
  • 006, Alec Trevelyan (Goldeneye, 1995) - "Oh, please, James, put it away. It's insulting to think I haven't anticipated your every move"
  • Frank (Once Upon A Time In The West, 1968) - "People scare better when they're dying"
  • Neil McCauley (Heat, 1995) - "I do what I do best, take scores. You do what you do best, try to stop guys like me"
  • Belloq (Raiders Of The Lost Ark, 1981) - "So once again, Jones, what was briefly yours is now mine"
  • Lestat (Interview With The Vampire, 1994) - "Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately, and so shall we"
  • Dark Lord Sauron (Lord of the Rings, 2001-2003) - "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"
  • Humungus (The Road Warrior, 1981) - "I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war"
  • Agent Smith (The Matrix, 1999) - "Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call...if you're unable to speak?"
  • Norman Bates (Psycho, 1960) - "She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?"
  • John Doe (Se7en, 1995) - "It's more comfortable for you to label me as insane"
  • T-800 (The Terminator, 1984) - "I'll be back"
  • Keyser Soze (The Usual Suspects, 1995) - "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
  • Gordon Gekko (Wall Street, 1987) - "Greed is good"
  • Magneto (X-Men, 2000) - "You see, I think what you're really afraid of is me. Me and my kind"
  • Brick Topp (Snatch, 2000) - "No thanks Turkish...I'm sweet enough"

390902[/snapback]

Then you would need to nominate Comrade Joseph Stalin and Mao-tze Tung as the baddest since they both hold the records for killing people (Stalin stands at over 20 million and there is a new book out from China that states Mao killed even more).

But, since we want movies, I'm gonna add Sherriff Teasle and Deputy Sherriff Gault from First Blood.

First%20Blood%202.jpg

Deputy Sherriff Art Gault - 'What's the matter Mitch? Don't you like water sports?'

390902[/snapback]

Then you would need to nominate Comrade Joseph Stalin and Mao-tze Tung as the baddest since they both hold the records for killing people (Stalin stands at over 20 million and there is a new book out from China that states Mao killed even more).

390943[/snapback]

I'm curious, have either of them ever been protrayed in a movie?

I think Keifer Sutherland in Phone Booth was best movie badguy of all time IMHO.

If we're going to edge over into animated characters then I'll mention Galvatron. That villain personifies every attribute that could be associated with an evil character...