Best Movie Badguy of all time?

What about Wez from Mad Max II? Has he been mentioned yet? Ruthless killer, with no regard for anyone or anything; a bezerker with a taste for chaos. The whole ass-cheeks-out Prince pants and the man-bitch on a chain thing was a bit much, though... :blink:

Wez was nigh-invulnerable, too.

Angela Lanberry's character in the original Manchurian Candidiate.

Don't you want a mom who's out for herself but pretending to be acting in yor best interest no matter how much you get screwed in the process?

Everything else hes been mentioned as fara s live action films I can think of so I'll list the anime ones now.

Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin

As far as anime goes he was just evil and determined. He claimed that the fires of Hell burned within him and he was right. Had his own body not failed him he would have gotten his way.

Gendo and Yui Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion:

All I'm gonna say that if you "got' the whole series and the catalyst of everything that happened you know that these two are the single most selfish beings ever in any media. Evil? Sure since they were willing to sacrfice the world to serve their ultimate selfish purposes (power and immortality) and in the end almost succeeded (but still wrecked the world).

Griffith from Berserk

Not as selfish as the above two but enough to once again screw the world for ultimate power and even his own loyal to the bitter end Band of Hawks. "Screw" isn't strong enough to describe what he did to them all.

Special Case: Saitoh Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin.

He wasn't just an anime character but a real life person. All that's really known of him for real is that he was the Shinsengumi's 3rd Captain turned "bad" cop, a badass with a sword that gained the nickname "Wild Wolf", and married to the daughter of nobleman. Other than that his life is shrouded in mystery. Nobody is even sure where he was born but his reputation superceded him. His rep as an able body killer that is. As a result he's become a bit of a mythical person in Japanese history. You just can't top that.

well this person its not really a bad guy since he turns into a good guy as teh movie progresses but the Grammaton Cleric(christian bale) from Equilibrium. he was truly the badest man with 2 guns i'd ever seen!

he was also in American Psycho, though the movie did NO jusitice in comparison to the book.

oh and lets no forget Arnold in the Terminator! has he been mentioned?

I like Uchiha Itachi from Naruto also. He doesn't have much character development yet, but from what we have seen he's obsessed with gaining power and has the tools to do it rather easily. Megalomania at its finest... however he does lack some personality.... but there's like... backstory there.

The way he talks kinda reminds me of Vader or the Emperor, talkin 'bout hate n all.

Plus, he's a ninja... and everyone knows Arnold > Ninjas > *

Okay, I have to weigh in...Patrick Bateman from American Psycho wins this prize for me. "Murders & Executions" for "Mergers & Acquisitions." American greed, materialism, and depravity at its finest.

#2 would have to be Dr. Strangelove. That guy is soooo much worse than Vader.

My all time favorite bad guys are:

1. Evil Genius from Time Bandits aka Pure Evil.

Evil: If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!

[zaps one of his minions accidentally, minion screams]

Evil: Sorry.

2. Xur from The Last Starfighter. He is one of my favorites just because every time he gets mad he has to raise that scepter thing and make the blade come out.

3. Khan from Star Trek II. Hands down best over the top villain.

Ivan Drago (Rocky IV)

"I must break you!"

Not just a boxer, the Soviet heavyweight was literally a killing machine. In his U.S. debut, he put fear on boxing fans by killing Apollo Creed in the ring. This only made Rocky more determined to defeat him in his own backyard of Moscow.

post-26-1113449107.jpg

All I'm gonna say that if you "got' the whole series and the catalyst of everything that happened you know that these two are the single most selfish beings ever in any media. Evil? Sure since they were willing to sacrfice the world to serve their ultimate selfish purposes (power and immortality) and in the end almost succeeded (but still wrecked the world).

I totally dissagree. Events would have played out more or less the same if neither was there, the result of both of their actions are what played into saving the world.

I totally dissagree. Events would have played out more or less the same if neither was there, the result of both of their actions are what played into saving the world.

Yeah, but you gotta admit that Gendo was a complete dick. ;)

I don't think he's been mentioned--and how on Earth could we forget--but I say:

King Kong (1933 ver.) I mean for real; this oversized bag o' hormones went tear-assing across an entire prehistoric island, and half of Manhattan to boot, just to keep his main squeeze Faye Wray for himself. The big monkey wracked up some serious collateral damage tallies:

--killed a T-Rex. A T-fuggin-Rex!

--Ptaradactyl (sp?)

--some giant snake-lizard thingie

--about 2 dozen or so sailors and natives, armed w/everything from spears to guns to grenades

--a subway train full of people

--an air force fighter plane

This mutha pitched one big hissie fit; knocking down giant gates, ripping up buildings and equipment and stuff, chewing and stomping anyone or anything that got in his way, causing untold damage for private industry, native cultures and the US gov't too boot. Let's face it, this ape would mop the floor with that chump in the chimp suit from the re-make--and for that matter, any CGI crap-tastic poseur that might be in any badly hashed, bubble-gum-for-the-mind, crack smoking monkey written re-make that'll inevitably be thrust upon the movie going public in the next 3-5 years...

Edited by reddsun1

Gary Oldman in Bram Stokers Dracula

He was so much scarier in Leon/The Professional.

I like these calm little moments before the storm... Do you like Beethoven?

Awww Shiz-nit! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!

Gary Oldman in "The Professional" was amazing. Pure unadulterated evil.

stansfield.jpg

Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde is a close second.

How about Gary Oldman in The Fifth Element, i always liked him in that.

post-26-1113503603.jpg

Hey Blaine, why do you have Swearengen's pic on your avatar. I thought of him as an awesome bad guy too, but since Deadwood isn't a movie, it pretty much disqualifies him. He's just a sick bastard!

What Blaine said. Yeah, Seele wanted to do the same but I think Gendo and Yui were worse over all and the fact the world was saved in the end still does not excuse what they tried to do and the tremendous collateral damage.

On Satan as a villian......

Can Satan count for multiple films like South Park and The Exorcist besides End of Days and The Devil's Advocate?

Edited by Jemstone

how about SATAN himself? hes baddest mofo of them all.

End of Days... I mentioned him like 3 times. Anyone remember what he did to the wife and daughter of that one guy?

my vote is pacino in scarface

"i kill a communist for fun"

Pacino wasn't a bad guy, he was an antihero...

he also refused to kill that family and ended up killing the assassin.

I see it slightly different... Anyone who kills Comunists is a HERO...

my vote is pacino in scarface

"i kill a communist for fun"

Pacino wasn't a bad guy, he was an antihero...

he also refused to kill that family and ended up killing the assassin.

I see it slightly different... Anyone who kills Comunists is a HERO...

Antihero doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have heroic qualities, it just means he's the main protagonist that lacks certain qualities of the quintessential hero. Possibly a skewed nobility

I nominate "the rabbit" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail! :lol:

"That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodernt you ever set your eyes on!"

"Look that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide!"

"He's got huge sharp... er... He can leap about... Look at the bones!"

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh no, you knew it all didn't you. Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny isn't it. Well it's always the same!"

Simon Phoenix (Demolition Man)

"I'm sorry to say that the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies."

No one thought Wesley Snipes would make a good villain, but he proved the skeptics wrong with his portrayal of Simon Phoenix, a psychotic criminal who wakes up from his cryogenic sleep to wreak havoc on the peaceful city of San Angeles. And with police no longer carrying firearms, terrorizing the city was virtually a cakewalk for Phoenix...until the police decided to thaw out former cop John Spartan.

"Send a maniac to catch a maniac." - John Spartan

post-26-1113551602.jpg

Guest Bromgrev
But in the movie Demolition Man, the character of Simon Phoenix used a S&W model 3913LS 'Ladysmith' 9mm, a pistol marketed for use by women for self-defence. So just for carrying a woman's gun he's way down on my list of bad guys  :lol: .

Not to mention the fact that he dyes his hair. What next, an ultimate bad guy who plucks his eyebrows? <_<

I vote for Dark Helmet. :lol:

Denzel Washington was a pretty good bad guy in Training Day. He pulled off the role quite well I thought.

Antihero doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have heroic qualities, it just means he's the main protagonist that lacks certain qualities of the quintessential hero. Possibly a skewed nobility

From what I understand (wasn't a lit major), that would still be a hero. An antihero is the complete opposite, for example Willie Loman or Don Quixote. People who have are less than average and lack any heroic qualities. Hero = moral person is a fairly modern idea.