Best Movie Badguy of all time?

A second if this one was added before- Leger's Jack Napier (The Joker)

He played the perfect psychopath Joker, minus the grin-inducing venom.

A few things:

1. It's Ledger, NOT "Leger".

2. The name Jack Napier was only used in the 1989 Batman film and Batman: The Animated Series. The Joker in The Dark Knight had no real name.

Get your facts straight before making a post. Now go stand on the corner and eat your shoe!

A few things:

1. It's Ledger, NOT "Leger".

2. The name Jack Napier was only used in the 1989 Batman film and Batman: The Animated Series. The Joker in The Dark Knight had no real name.

Get your facts straight before making a post. Now go stand on the corner and eat your shoe!

Wanzerfan, Wanzerfan.....

I have to go with Luke Skywalker. He and his friends pushed civil war on an entire Galaxy. Used civilians as human shields, causing the destruction of an entire planet. Overthrew the democratically elected government and reinstated an aristocratic and theocratic government.

He's a brutal religious jedi-o-fascist.

I have to say it again, you are awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, how could I forget Benedict from Last Action Hero? True, the movie in and of itself was pretty bad; but he was a damned entertaining bad guy.

400full.jpg

His contempt for his own employer was pretty funny.

Vivaldi: You've had Slater in front of the eight ball before, but you always screwed it up.

Benedict: [after Vivaldi leaves] It's behind the eight ball, you old fool!

Tony Vivaldi: What is this, Benedict? First you're my friend; now you turn a... 360 on me!

Benedict: 180, you stupid, spaghetti-slurping cretin - *180*! If I did a 360, I'd go completely around and end up back where I started!

Tony Vivaldi: What?

Benedict: Trust me!

[shoots him]

And you gotta give him points for the sheer audacity of his plans for conquest:

Benedict: Gentlemen. Since you are about to die anyway, I may as well tell you the entire plot. Think of villains Jack. You want Dracula? Dra-cool-la? Hang on

[takes out the ticket]

Benedict: , I'll fetch him. Dracula? Huh. I can get King Kong! We'll have a nightmare with Freddy Krueger, have a surprize party for Adolf Hitler, Hannibal Lecter can do the catering, and then we'll have christening for Rosemary's Baby! All I have to do is snap my fingers and they'll be here. They're lining up to get here, and do you know why Jack? Should I tell you why? Hmm? Because here, in this world, the bad guys can win!

Then there's my favorite part:

Edited by reddsun1

• 4 months later...

Sebastian Shaw (X-Men: First Class)

"We are the children of the atom. Radiation gave birth to mutants. What will kill the humans will only make us stronger."

The former Nazi scientist and Hellfire Club leader is undoubtedly the most evil of all villains in the X-Men film series. He singlehandedly manifests Magneto's angst and hate by killing his mother and subjecting him to numerous experiments. Two decades later, he manipulates the U.S. and Soviet union in an attempt to trigger World War III and wipe out humanity for mutantkind to take over.

post-237-0-45049700-1312513804_thumb.jpg

Edited by areaseven

what about the killer whale from Orca (1977)? He/it systematically and maliciously kills off all the protagonists' crew and friends--oh wait, he just maims Bo Derek--before finally killing off his nemesis, captain Nolan (Richard Harris).

There is very strong evidence that not only can killer whales form cooperative strategies and work as a "team" to catch prey, but they can also display somewhat sadistic tendencies, toying with a victim before killing/feeding. So maybe a whale on a revenge kick isn't all that fanciful, eh? Rather frightening, when one thinks about it, at just how smart and calculating one of those buggers might be....

OrcaMovie-Orca.JPG

ed: on second thought, don't think seeking to avenge the murder of his family really qualifies him/it as a "bad guy."

**eeek! eeeek! (you bastard! you killed my wife! you killed my baby!)**

Edited by reddsun1

what about the killer whale from Orca (1977)? He/it systematically and maliciously kills off all the protagonists' crew and friends--oh wait, he just maims Bo Derek--before finally killing off his nemesis, captain Nolan (Richard Harris).

There is very strong evidence that not only can killer whales form cooperative strategies and work as a "team" to catch prey, but they can also display somewhat sadistic tendencies, toying with a victim before killing/feeding. So maybe a whale on a revenge kick isn't all that fanciful, eh? Rather frightening, when one thinks about it, at just how smart and calculating one of those buggers might be....

OrcaMovie-Orca.JPG

ed: on second thought, don't think seeking to avenge the murder of his family really qualifies him/it as a "bad guy."

**eeek! eeeek! (you bastard! you killed my wife! you killed my baby!)**

It's a tricky question. Change out the species and you get Law Abiding Citizen with Leonidas hacking and slashing a paralyzed child molester. Yet, would vengeance count as being bad?

(lol)

I have to go with Luke Skywalker. He and his friends pushed civil war on an entire Galaxy. Used civilians as human shields, causing the destruction of an entire planet. Overthrew the democratically elected government and reinstated an aristocratic and theocratic government.

He's a brutal religious jedi-o-fascist.

I'm very late to this thread, but this is awesome ^_^

Can't be the Wampa. He's simply surviving all alone in the frozen world of Hoth. Surviving like any animal in the wild would do :p

See, more proof Luke Skywalker is pure evil. The dude was just trying to eat his lunch in peace and f*cking Skywalker cuts his arm off for NO REASON!

Sounds like a rewrite of David Brin's article on the evil of Star Wars.

Anyways, I have to say after seeing Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, I saw my own personal all-time movie 'badguy'. And that was enough for me.

Eric Cartman from the South Park Movie.

If we were talking about most of the TV episodes, then yes.

But for Bigger, Longer, and Uncut? No way!

You could make a case for Saddam being the main baddie, but it was CLEARLY Mrs. Broflovski. She of the three J's: Jersey, Jew, and Ginger. :lol:

If we were talking about most of the TV episodes, then yes.

But for Bigger, Longer, and Uncut? No way!

You could make a case for Saddam being the main baddie, but it was CLEARLY Mrs. Broflovski. She of the three J's: Jersey, Jew, and Ginger. :lol:

Cool, another thread brought back from the dead....I probably even posted in this thread, but just too lazy to look right now. I think Vader is the best bad guy...not necesarily the most evil or most cruel, but a bad guy you like and want to see kick ass. He's so cool, he shits ice cubes. He's the one bad guy I would have liked to see rule the universe.

The true evil is Jar Jar......or Basara, haha!

• 2 months later...

Hando (Romper Stomper)

"This is our place gook boy, our place. What are you going here? Hey? The only thing for you here is pain."

Neo-Nazi skinheads are the scum of the Earth, but this one from Australia takes the cake. Russell Crowe's disturbing performance as Hando may make you believe he's actually one of them. Throughout the film, he wages a losing war on a group of Vietnamese immigrants and then goes completely paranoid when his group is wiped out by the police. He displays no conscience at all and eventually dies a villain's death in the end.

post-237-0-77863700-1376443116.jpg

Edited by areaseven

• 2 months later...

Three new contenders today, the first one being season appropriate,

its_a_wonderful_life_lionel_barrymore.jpg?w=604

The second is General Zolo from Romancing the Stone. Watched it last night and he is bloody ruthless..

rts_175ManuelOjeda.jpg

The third speaks for itself, I don't think he has been listed here before.....

back_to_the_future_biff.jpg