The Trailer for Batman Begins is OUT!

Anubis

Thanks for the link.  That was more of a teaser than a trailer, but it did feature a few more samples of the film I have not seen.  The batmobile in this film seems to have some backbone and sturdiness, as opposed to the wheeled ornaments used in the previous films.  It also appears that the batsuit is much more practical now than before.  Mr. Bale was shown moving his neck while wearing the costume.  What a novel idea :)

Well, the Batmobile is a real vehicle that has 400HP and can really jump like that without camera tricks.

One of them is on display at Vegas for those who live in the area. Warner even flew guards out for it.

Hmmmm, so far, I've felt that the trailers and promo materials were intended to draw in the old-school Batman fans. But, to me, this new trailer appears to be more geared towards the general public.

I'm not saying that's bad, just saying that they appear (to me) to be changing the target for their PR. Maybe they are confident that they've won back the Batman fans (after that last movie) with their previous promo stuff.

H

Edited by Hurin

Looks awesome. Can't wait.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting too old, but these days I have absolutely no interest in Superheroes or Superhero movies. While I liked Christian Bale in Equillibrium, I won't be watching the new Batman movie.

Graham

I agree Graham, in part, I'm not a big superhero fan, but I do like Batman because he is such a human character. Also this one seems much more like the Dark Knight I was raised on by my dad, so I will definitely take him to see it.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting too old, but these days I have absolutely no interest in Superheroes or Superhero movies. While I liked Christian Bale in Equillibrium, I won't be watching the new Batman movie.

Graham

I agree Graham, in part, I'm not a big superhero fan, but I do like Batman because he is such a human character. Also this one seems much more like the Dark Knight I was raised on by my dad, so I will definitely take him to see it.

Like Graham, I too, am getting a little old for comic heroes. But Batman was a favorite of mine. I collected that particular title for what....almost 5..6 years. And I agree, Batman is a human character. One interesting thing is unlike guys like Punisher, Batman forces himself not to have the villians he faces, die by his hands. He doesn't kill these people. What Punisher does is more like revenge, an eye-for-an-eye deal. I'm sure people could go on and on argue about it all day (I'm not going to do that) but this fills in what I like about the Dark Knight. There's more of a mental battle to Batman. There are layers of Batman which are fun to explore.

I'll see this movie for sure but with 4 trailers up, I'll have some cautious optimism about this movie. Either it's that good or the hype machine is working overtime.

Graham

Like Graham, I too, am getting a little old for comic heroes. But Batman was a favorite of mine. I collected that particular title for what....almost 5..6 years. And I agree, Batman is a human character. One interesting thing is unlike guys like Punisher, Batman forces himself not to have the villians he faces, die by his hands. He doesn't kill these people. What Punisher does is more like revenge, an eye-for-an-eye deal. I'm sure people could go on and on argue about it all day (I'm not going to do that) but this fills in what I like about the Dark Knight. There's more of a mental battle to Batman. There are layers of Batman which are fun to explore.

I'll see this movie for sure but with 4 trailers up, I'll have some cautious optimism about this movie. Either it's that good or the hype machine is working overtime.

You and Graham are too old for superhero movies, but you like that pansy-ass show M7. You guys are sooooooooooooo mature. Can I be in your club? Do I need assless chaps? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

God-dammit I am SO AWESOME!

You and Graham are too old for superhero movies, but you like that pansy-ass show M7. You guys are sooooooooooooo mature.

Quoted for truth. I don't think any members of a board devoted to a 20+ year old anime have much business pointing out how we're too mature for something else. :D

You and Graham are too old for superhero movies, but you like that pansy-ass show M7.  You guys are sooooooooooooo mature.

Quoted for truth. I don't think any members of a board devoted to a 20+ year old anime have much business pointing out how we're too mature for something else. :D

What? We can't outgrow certain things yet still be a kid about others?

You and Graham are too old for superhero movies, but you like that pansy-ass show M7.  You guys are sooooooooooooo mature.

What? We can't outgrow certain things yet still be a kid about others?

Not when you reject something that is for all ages (Batman) and choose something that is turbo sissy (Macross7) over it.

Not when you reject something that is for all ages (Batman) and choose something that is turbo sissy (Macross7) over it.

Hummm, Batman Begins has a PG-13 rating slapped on it. All ages... :lol:

Hummm, Batman Begins has a PG-13 rating slapped on it. All ages... :lol:

PG-13 means "family movie" to Agent ONE. In my world kids need to grow up fast, they have no opportunity to see pussy stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think they should make Batman's eyes white like in the comic books?

They have this discussion about white eyes on SHH boards, so I made this quick photoshop to illustrate the issue...

post-26-1115840229_thumb.jpg

yea he looks alittle more menacing with white eyes, you can see no emotion in him (which is the way i perfer him) then they should also cover up his mouth as well with all black he would look very cool and fearsome then.

Looks great so far. I only have one minor complaint. Christian Bale's "Batman" voice is kinda weird. I guess I am just use to the Michael Keaton/Kevin Conroy(Animated Series) Batman voice.

I hated the Keaton Batman and I wasn't that crazy about the bits & pieces I saw of the others.

This one actually looks pretty good, although I agree about the Batman voice. Putting Katie Holmes in it also helps since my wife is a fan of hers from Dawson's Creek.

Looks great so far. I only have one minor complaint. Christian Bale's "Batman" voice is kinda weird. I guess I am just use to the Michael Keaton/Kevin Conroy(Animated Series) Batman voice.

Ya I was kinda thinking the same thing. Bale is a cool actor, but he's not really a convincing Batman. Plus, that ugly ass costume, and bright lighting doesn't help either. When he saves Katie Holmes, and when he's running through Arkham, it looks kinda ridiculous. What the hell happened to stealth?

Ya I was kinda thinking the same thing. Bale is a cool actor, but he's not really a convincing Batman. Plus, that ugly ass costume, and bright lighting doesn't help either. When he saves Katie Holmes, and when he's running through Arkham, it looks kinda ridiculous. What the hell happened to stealth?

Yeah. I thought the preview was pretty good but Christian Bale's "Batman" voice did seem weird. That's really the only thing that stood out to me as a problem. It's either a case of being so used to Keaton/Conroy/or even Kilmer's voice or just having to give it time and hear it more and different dialogue. I think they all did a good job of playing the part to be honest. Clooney's voice as Batman wasn't that bad but then again it was his normal voice and that alone made it seem off cause there was no change in the voice like the other actors(not counting Adam West here good or bad though in this entire situation) or voice actors.

The Batmobile still takes some getting used to though. Woudl have loved to see one similar to the past views. It's the huge ass tires that is making it hard to accept. I'm sure in time it will be fine. It's still cool to see just seems off.

Edited by Effect

I think it will be made explicit in the movie that he is using an electronic device to modify his voice. It may not be true to the comics, but I think that explains the odd sound to his voice and also makes a certain amount of sense.

His voice definitely had an electronice sound to it to me.

H

P.S. Couldn't stand Keaton as Batman either. I didn't like the fact that Batman's status as a perfect human specimen fell by the wayside. Keaton wasn't buff at all, and couldn't even pull Vickey Vale back up onto a ledge whereas the "real" Batman could have done it with his pinky finger. :)

P.S. Couldn't stand Keaton as Batman either. I didn't like the fact that Batman's status as a perfect human specimen fell by the wayside. Keaton wasn't buff at all, and couldn't even pull Vickey Vale back up onto a ledge whereas the "real" Batman could have done it with his pinky finger. :)

Looks like this one will change that. I dearly hope so, since that's the best part about Batman. The one image I clearly remember from the comics is Alfred watching Batman put himself through a workout that would've toppled even the best of Olympic athletes, pausing only long enough to do some detective practice, and then going back to the workout.

That is what Batman really is. So totally focused on his chosen path that he lets nothing get in the way, especially not something stupid like exhaustion. I also hope that they show how his mind really works, how he's not so much Bruce Wayne that dresses in a costume at night so much as he is Batman that dresses up in a costume and goes out in the day.

That was the best part about The Animated Series.

Looked utterly unappealing, there was really nothing in the preview I found interesting.

Hollywood needs to give the superhero movies a rest, it's just getting ridiculous and pointless. For every decent one (like Spiderman and um... yeah), there's a whole bunch that just flat out suck (The Hulk, The X-Men movies, all the recent Batman movies, etc).

Looks good but it does resemble the first Batman movie a wee bit(that was a lil'bit of a downer). Eventhough, they're doing a lot more cool Batman shots like crouching, perching, and standing on tops of buildings surveying Gotham(that's cool). The ninja stuff was a fresh addition to the movieverse(comics and animation has been doing that stuff for years; don't know what took the movies so long). All and all it looks nice; I'd watch it.

Bump because I just saw the trailer again.

I hope all these high caliber actors get enough screen time in such a highly anticipated movie liek this.

Hans Zimmer is handling the music this time around. Should be very interesting considering most folks think of Elfman's theme. ;)

I'm definitely interested.

• 4 weeks later...
so alfred is being played by someone else this time? Was the guy who played alfred in part one in the other three movies as well? I forgot if he was or not. I would think they would bring him back to play alfred again.

While the first four Batman films had different lead actors and numerous set design changes, Alfred and Commissioner Gordon (Michael Gough and Pat Hingle, respectively) remained the same.