Macross Plus Ultimate Edition Blu-ray Release Thread

Posted (edited)

Let‘s hope Anime Limited does most of the Macross shows/movies so that the releases look nice and coherent on the shelf.

With Macross 2 being done by AnimEigo as a Kickstarter the whole Macross collection will already not be consistent.

Won‘t somebody please think of the collectors…

Edited by Scyla

• 2 weeks later...

I saw something on Facebook, might have been an early order page in the UK that implied our price would be close to $135 but this isn't confirmed.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

If someone doesn't need the artbook, cards and poster...PM me...at $160 I cannot rationalize the purchase since I already have the Japanese bluray set

1 hour ago, Duke Togo said:

No thank you. I'm not paying that much for a bunch of extras I don't want. I just want the discs.

A match made in heaven.

Posted (edited)

I'm actually kind of tempted.  I already have the Japanese release, but I'd like to get the complete dub and sub options, since that one didn't include them all, and the new subtitles for the movie were.. a bit weird.

I don't really feel bad double dipping on this one though, it's my favorite of the franchise.

Edited by Chronocidal

Posted (edited)

It’s available now at AllTheAnime: https://www.alltheanime.com/products/macross-plus-ultimate-edition-blu-ray

£99.99 with £15 shipping cost to continental Europe ($147/€135). 

Crunchyroll store:  https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/macross-plus-movie-ova-blu-ray-ultimate-edition-5037899090312.html

$189.99

Edited by Scyla

Posted (edited)

Up on Crunchyroll, but sheesh.. $190.

Also, the search is broken.  "Macross Plus" doesn't bring it up, doesn't even appear in the "Macross" listing, had to search "Macross Ultimate" before it came up.

https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/macross-plus-movie-ova-blu-ray-ultimate-edition-5037899090312.html

Edited by Chronocidal

My capital one extension found a promo code that worked on the pre-order. CRAFT15, got about $10 off. 

If you have a subscription to there streaming service you also get an additional percentage off. My total with tax came to $171.18.

8 minutes ago, Scyla said:

It’s available now at AllTheAnime: https://www.alltheanime.com/products/macross-plus-ultimate-edition-blu-ray

£99.99 with £15 shipping cost to continental Europe ($147/€135). 

Crunchyroll store:  https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/macross-plus-movie-ova-blu-ray-ultimate-edition-5037899090312.html

$189.99

LOL, yeah, no.

18 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

LOL, yeah, no.

$190 for 2 discs and a bunch of paper? Yeah...No.

And It's just the 4-episode OAV. Not even "+Movie edition". Some "Ultimate Edition".

Not worth it unless they drop the price or can reduce the price with a coupon. 

Posted (edited)

Well, I placed my order... the Crunchyroll member discount and coupon code took a neat little chunk off the top and the shipping's free.

The asking price didn't seem that outrageous to me.  Then again, my standards have probably been skewed pretty badly by years and years of paying the already hefty prices fans in Japan are shelling out for "limited edition" media PLUS international shipping. 😅

Edited by Seto Kaiba

2 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Well, I placed my order... the Crunchyroll member discount and coupon code took a neat little chunk off the top and the shipping's free.

The asking price didn't seem that outrageous to me.  Then again, my standards have probably been skewed pretty badly by years and years of paying the already heft prices fans in Japan are shelling out for "limited edition" media PLUS international shipping. 😅

Did it stack and give you 30% off or just the 15?

5 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The asking price didn't seem that outrageous to me.  Then again, my standards have probably been skewed pretty badly by years and years of paying the already hefty prices fans in Japan are shelling out for "limited edition" media PLUS international shipping. 😅

Pretty much this, honestly.  I would have rather picked it up from a Japanese vendor, since we're probably paying the same import premium we get applied to everything reaching the US these days, but the entire reason to pick it up locally is to actually get all of the materials in English.

And.. looking back?  The Japanese release in 2013 cost me about $170 shipped.  If $20 is the premium to get it imported and fully translated, I don't feel too bad about that.