HMR Macross Zero VF-0A Shin Kudo Use + QF2200D-B Ghost

sh9000

• sh9000 changed the title to HMR Macross Zero VF-0A Shin Kudo Use + QF2200D-B Ghost
2 minutes ago, R0P3-F15H said:

as i posted in the other thread, it feels way to blue in this image? did they touch it up in post or something?

hahaha....not the blue discussion again...

am just excited we got the QF-2200!  hmm what does D-B mean? 2 variants? I forget...

ROY and his 0S...no QF2200 booster for you!! 

What the heck bandai.....:5:

3 minutes ago, R0P3-F15H said:

same, i hope they release the booster set as a separate pack! but i  wouldn't mind a second VF-0A either.

Get 2 0A sets and pass one ghost set to roy...:unknw:

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

am just excited we got the QF-2200!  hmm what does D-B mean? 2 variants? I forget...

There are 2 variants: QF-2200D-A & QF-2200D-B. Physical looks wise, they are just different color variations. A-variant is the blue & white that was shown flying around destroying Anti-UN forces in the OVA, whilst B-variant is the grey one mainly shown attached to the VF-0 in the final episode. 

Borrowing pic of the Yamato's..

QF-2200-ABNRM2-b2v2nt.jpg.848d4ec2ec88dca7eecf8cd967f09a1d.jpg

Edited by MKT

10 minutes ago, MKT said:

There are 2 variants: QF-2200D-A & QF-2200-B. Physical looks wise, they are just different color variations. A-variant is the blue & white that was shown flying around destroying Anti-UN forces in the OVA, whilst B-variant is the grey one mainly shown attached to the VF-0 in the final episode. 

Borrowing pics of the Yamato's..

:good: I miss yamato....i now remember i used to try and hunt down the A variant...

although the B variant fits into the 0S/0A scheme better, just a sucker for that blue and light grey pattern...

I'm just wondering how Bandai is going to give the 0S a ghost booster.

I know is day dreaming but, could they just bundle 2 boosters with the extra notched fuel tanks for the VF-0S in this release?

Edited by Froy

6 minutes ago, Froy said:

I'm just wondering how Bandai is going to give the 0S a ghost booster.

I know is day dreaming but, could they just bundle 2 boosters with the extra notched fuel tanks for the VF-0S?

Won't happen. It's confirmed only x1 Ghost with this release. 

I'm expecting the extra Ghost to either be a Tamashii web exclusive, or 0S re-released with it, or not happening at all.

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

As there were no attachment parts included with the VF-0S Roy but were with the VF-0S Genius Blue, I hope the VF-0A comes with an extra set of attachment parts in white.

Would they do that when they can release a Ghost pack with the 0S attachments, or re-release the 0S with the Ghost, and make more money off us?

Edited by Raikkonen

On 11/16/2023 at 9:51 AM, Raikkonen said:

Won't happen. It's confirmed only x1 Ghost with this release. 

I'm expecting the extra Ghost to either be a Tamashii web exclusive, or 0S re-released with it, or not happening at all.

Bandai will probably repackage the 0S together with the ghost as a bundle. Make everyone buy another 0S just to get the ghost. 

The modex numbers on the ventral fins look backwards (again).  They'd read "113" (or IIE, really) in fighter mode...

Rather than fix it, Bandai will just issue "113" tailfins down the line...

And it's not even a mirroring thing---it looks wrong on every side of every fin.  

51 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

The modex numbers on the ventral fins look backwards (again).  They'd read "113" (or IIE, really) in fighter mode...

And it's not even a mirroring thing---it looks wrong on every side of every fin.  

Bandai likes to play the 'this is just a prototype, will we fix it or wont we' game...

in addition to the 'is this the actual color for the release version' game...

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Bandai likes to play the 'this is just a prototype, will we fix it or wont we' game...

in addition to the 'is this the actual color for the release version' game...

I actually like this colour. 

They did however fix the 0D colour just before pre-order. 

10 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Bandai would never screw up by printing a modex number backwards.

14 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

So, what's your take on the color of the VF-0A, is it looking accurate or in need of changes?

Getting those modex numbers correct seems to be a real headache for them. 

Where will you guys get your HMR of this when preorders go live?

Is CD Japan a good place for great price on this?  I have bought some SH Figuarts figures from them, and they were good, but nothing Macross, and havent bought any Macross for a few years now.., but want of the VF-0a and later on, the VF-19 Kai.   I live in Canada, and prefer to avoid HLJ as it tends to get duty / tax charged vs Amiami for example.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Arthurius

Perhaps Bandai might go the Arcadia approach for colors - which looks to be grey paint on white molded plastic many of the areas. Hopefully areas that are left bare white will not be translucent.

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

Where will you guys get your HMR of this when preorders go live?

Is CD Japan a good place for great price on this?  I have bought some SH Figuarts figures from them, and they were good, but nothing Macross, and havent bought any Macross for a few years now.., but want of the VF-0a and later on, the VF-19 Kai.   I live in Canada, and prefer to avoid HLJ as it tends to get duty / tax charged vs Amiami for example.  Thanks in advance.

CD Japan's price for Macross items is always the same range as HLJ or Amiami's, perhaps just a tad cheaper.