HMR Macross Zero VF-0A Shin Kudo Use + QF2200D-B Ghost

sh9000

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I wonder if Bandai will produce the VF-0A standard at some point. Maybe as a TW Exclusive

Certainly as a exclusive, likely a Milia version to be paired with the 0S Max. 

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

That too, it needs to be like the VD-0D plastic. 

From the prototype it definitely looks like the 0D route.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

exactly, thats the game..😄

and i would like the SV-51 as a next release as well....

Tenjin was involved in the 0D colour fixing. I wonder if they'll call him up again for it?

21 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Certainly as a exclusive, likely a Milia version to be paired with the 0S Max. 

From the prototype it definitely looks like the 0D route.

Tenjin was involved in the 0D colour fixing. I wonder if they'll call him up again for it?

Not sure on tenjin-san's involvement in every valk release, or maybe it was just for the 0D.

The 0A color is not common in macross valk-dom, like a light grey but a tinge of light blue.. i love my arcadia 0A, because its color scheme is a like a military naval color unlike other 1/60 valks. Closest maybe i can think of is the 31A, but the 31A is more a pure shade of grey...maybe there are others but i forget...

@Saburo 's pics from back in the day..

24035050572_b35bb9056d_b.jpg.c6100fff1b8b5bb14b375bb4fee69db8.jpg

I hope bandai does have that specific production color palate in the 0A HMR...else no biggie....😅

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I'd buy that and a VF-0B.

Me too as long as it's not the translucent white plastic. 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

i love my arcadia 0A, because its color scheme is a like a military naval color unlike other 1/60 valks. 

I hope bandai does have that specific production color palate in the 0A HMR...else no biggie....😅

My sentiments exactly. And I too love the naval look, and desire to see some Vf-1 variants in this scheme.

17 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

My sentiments exactly. And I too love the naval look, and desire to see some Vf-1 variants in this scheme.

The VF-X has the perfect shade of grey with regards to looking like a real world aircraft. Now that's a variant I would like to see as an HMR. It wouldn't even need to transform. :p

Bandai's Ghost sculpt is slightly different from Yamato's, there are tiny intake slats at both sides of the top hull, whereas Yamato's are missing those. So Bandai's appears to be closer to the line art here.

Pretty surprised it is only Yen 2,000 more for the Ghost & all its associated parts, so that is somewhat positive news? 

Bad news is that Bandai looks to be (unsurprisingly) sticking strictly to the anime. It is unlikely the Ghost being given integrated landing gears when the main valk doesn't, and perusing the parts list doesn't reveal any additional plug-in gears. Tellingly, there isn't any additional sensor pod to plug to the top of nosecone for the Ghost to be displayed on its own.
There's no way to know yet, but at this stage I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai will not even make the front canards movable to switch between standalone & integrated 'Angel' mode. :unsure:  

Edit: Pic below shows the Ghost canards on its down position, so they don't look to be movable.

VF-0A_10_vLgl5obCGAi1SNh1aR9EwMNC0iWK8Dom.jpg.1e056a91756b113fc1acb8f093866866.jpg

Edited by MKT

5 hours ago, MKT said:

Bandai's Ghost sculpt is slightly different from Yamato's, in that there are tiny intake slats at both sides of the top hull, whereas Yamato's appear to be missing those. So Bandai's appears to be closer to the line art here.

Pretty surprised it is only Yen 2,000 more for the Ghost & all its associated parts, so that is somewhat positive news? 

Bad news is that Bandai looks to be (unsurprisingly) sticking strictly to the anime. It is unlikely the Ghost being given integrated landing gears when the main valk doesn't, so perusing the parts list doesn't reveal any additional plug-in gears. Tellingly, there isn't any additional sensor pod to plug to the top of nosecone for the Ghost to be displayed on its own.
There's no way to know yet, but at this stage I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai will not even make the front canards movable to switch between standalone & integrated 'Angel' mode. :unsure:  

Edit: Pic below shows the Ghost canards on its down position, so they don't doesn't appear to be movable.

VF-0A_10_vLgl5obCGAi1SNh1aR9EwMNC0iWK8Dom.jpg.1e056a91756b113fc1acb8f093866866.jpg

Nice observations on the ghost! But this is a HMR so i wouldnt expect much from a HMR add-on..🤭

besides the HMR ghost looks a bit.....purple...😁 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

besides the HMR ghost looks a bit.....purple...😁 

Lol yeah & the official pics so far makes the colors of the valk & Ghost to be a bit oversaturated.

One thing I never understood is why the missile pods are in that chosen color. They look quite out of place to both the 0S & 0A colors, & reminds me of my worst yellowed white plastic toy. :p

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The VF-X has the perfect shade of grey with regards to looking like a real world aircraft. Now that's a variant I would like to see as an HMR. It wouldn't even need to transform. :p

I'm onboard. I would love for same non-transformable cheaper Valks already built up. 

@MKT @sh9000 - I'll be honest, regardless of the Ghost's limitations... I don't care after seeing these pics... I want a fleet of it!!! And I actually like the pods in that sand yellow, reminds me of retro sci-fi toys. I want a fleet of it!!! PS, thanks for the pics to both of you!!! 

@Raikkonen When I look back at some of my posts it may seem I'm a bit of a debbie downer picking stuff apart, but that's far from my intention. A few are just little personal picks but I don't mean to spoil anyone's enjoyment. It's great you are getting a fleet of them after wishing for this exact bundle. I'll be eventually getting multiples too. :good:

36 minutes ago, MKT said:

@Raikkonen When I look back at some of my posts it may seem I'm a bit of a debbie downer picking stuff apart, but that's far from my intention. A few are just little personal picks but I don't mean to spoil anyone's enjoyment. It's great you are getting a fleet of them after wishing for this exact bundle. I'll be eventually getting multiples too. :good:

You didn't at all. Your points are valid. And you're right, the Ghost should have had at least landing gear and interchangeable canards. Myself, I'm still unhappy about the 0D finicky transformation and wing hinges, but I still love it and still considering another one. I'll probably end up with a army of 0D and 0A... 

I'm still on the fence about the 0S... the translucent plastic with potential yellowing is a bit of a deal breaker for me... unless I can snag it for like 50 or so, but if a reactive armour comes along, too hard to resist. 

Edited by Raikkonen

42 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

I'm still on the fence about the 0S... the translucent plastic with potential yellowing is a bit of a deal breaker for me... unless I can snag it for like 50 or so, but if a reactive armour comes along, too hard to resist. 

To be fair, the 0S translucence is not really noticeable during normal handling in normal room light. It only becomes apparent during photoshoots when it is backlit or with focused lights passing through at certain angles. For better or worse, the 0S is also a warmish tone of white, which should make mask any early yellowing down the road. 

14 minutes ago, MKT said:

To be fair, the 0S translucence is not really noticeable during normal handling in normal room light. It only becomes apparent during photoshoots when it is backlit or with focused lights passing through at certain angles. For better or worse, the 0S is also a warmish tone of white, which should make mask any early yellowing down the road. 

Actually, the real problem is the reason why there's the translucence.  The plastic on the 0S is incredibly cheap looking and feeling.

5 hours ago, MKT said:

One thing I never understood is why the missile pods are in that chosen color. They look quite out of place to both the 0S & 0A colors, & reminds me of my worst yellowed white plastic toy. :p

on the bright side, it cant yellow anymore??

well orange is easy to spot in an ocean...maybe when the plane crashes into the sea or they jettison the pods and want to pick them back up..

pure unadulterated speculation abt fictional aircrafts. :unknw:

I was hopping for Bandai to at less throw the white notched tanks for the VF-0S.

I would have get an extra 0A for the ghost and the rest of the parts rather than getting a new a combo 0S.

Converting a 0A to cannon foder would be simple for me than doing something else with an extra 0S.

Now I wondering if we are going to get a VF-0S reactive armor combo or a Ghost Booster combo, there is no way Bandai is doing both, rigth?

Edited by Froy

16 minutes ago, Froy said:

I was hopping for Bandai to at less throw the white notched tanks for the VF-0S.

Then Bandai doesn't make extra money from you off an eventual ultra limited Tamashii lottery exclusive Ghost pack... or from a re-issued 0S with Ghost. 

16 minutes ago, Froy said:

Now I wondering if we are going to get a VF-0S reactive armor combo or a Ghost Booster combo, there is no way Bandai is doing both, rigth?

I stand firm to the belief: Reactive amour with 0S. And Ghost bundle on it's own with Focker adaptors to also compensate the 0S Max re-colour which came with the adaptors. 

But expecting a SV-51 in between. 

I also believe any future Zero plans will ride a lot on the new Blu Ray sales to hopefully a international release. 

Edited by Raikkonen

Just like the other HMR VF-0 releases I'll be ordering 3 of this.  I'll leave one in Battroid mode and another in Fighter mode.  They are one of my least favorite to transform.  I'll paint a spare set of adapters white for my VF-0S.

6 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

I've been so tempted to get a 0S the past couple of weeks after being impressed by the 0D. But every time I come on here and read about the quality of the plastic used on the 0S, I back off and tell myself to just wait for a reissue. Plus, I also try to avoid super white valks/toys for fear of yellowing.

But will definitely get a 0A with Ghost pack since I miss having it in my collection after getting rid of my old Yamato one. Can't stop checking out the promo pics... it looks absolutely gorgeous. 

Edited by m0n5t3r

12 hours ago, Mommar said:

Actually, the real problem is the reason why there's the translucence.  The plastic on the 0S is incredibly cheap looking and feeling.

7 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

I've been so tempted to get a 0S the past couple of weeks after being impressed by the 0D. But every time I come on here and read about the quality of the plastic used on the 0S, I back off and tell myself to just wait for a reissue. Plus, I also try to avoid super white valks/toys for fear of yellowing.

I don't disagree that the 0S plastic looks & feels cheap, and makes for bad first impressions, but as far as I can tell especially after having the 0D to compare, the feeling is all due to the colour or lack of it (translucence).
During handling, the plastics is actually tough & strong (can't say that for the Toynami VF-1!), and the molding is very precise for how it all comes together well during transformation. Fiddy-ness is more down to tight clearances & tiny parts on some areas, but not so much imprecise fit like say, how the bigger KC VF-1s can be.

2 minutes ago, MKT said:

I don't disagree that the 0S plastic looks & feels cheap, and makes for bad first impressions, but as far as I can tell especially after having the 0D to compare, the feeling is all due to the colour or lack of it (translucence).
During handling, the plastics is actually tough & strong (can't say that for the Toynami VF-1!), and the molding is very precise for how it all comes together well during transformation. Fiddy-ness is more down to tight clearances & tiny parts on some areas, but not so much imprecise fit like say, how the bigger KC VF-1s can be.

That's a pretty good argument... so should I go for it for 97 bucks? :unknw:

39 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

At current secondary or new Black Friday deals, it does represent a fair deal for what you are getting. Definitely not full MSRP though. 

1 hour ago, m0n5t3r said:

You should buy it if you like the 0S. It's decent enough; it's only really a disappointment for spoiled individuals (like me) that have the Arcadia version and had expectations set way too high. 

39 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

+1 Bandai please ...

Yep.  I'm down for as many releases from Macross Zero that they can possibly make (Monster, Cheyenne, SV-51s, Reactive Armor, even an F-14 and MiG-29) but I would love the SDFM Tomahawk, Phalanx, and Regult Scout first.

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You should buy it if you like the 0S. It's decent enough; it's only really a disappointment for spoiled individuals (like me) that have the Arcadia version and had expectations set way too high. 

Been re-watching YT review videos (not too many in English after Jenuis'). And I think I just might get it considering it's a little less than what I paid for my 0D and way below the preorder price.

I'll just admire the photos of the Arcadia versions posted here as I don't really have any more space to display a 1/60 scale MacZero collection. Plus I can't really stomach Arcadia's prices especially after being spoiled during Yamato's golden era. 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

but I would love the SDFM Tomahawk, Phalanx, and Regult Scout first.

As they stopped being displayed this year, then they're likely off Bandai's schedule. (For now?)

Seen it happen many times with their figuarts, especially with their Star Wars when I was in it. 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

The M0 line seems to have beefed up rather quickly...I wonder if Bandai will be the first to finally release a VF-0 "CF" version...Arcadia seems to have given up on it or maybe just cannot anymore...

Definitely see it as a Tamashii exclusive though... 

2 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

^ This makes me a sad panda

Who knows... maybe with the upcoming Blu-ray releases to hopefully getting international release and with the new series, it might ignite enough interest for Bandai to revisit it's stored prototyes...