On 9/1/2023 at 9:57 AM, Roy Focker said:

Yes she's his pet character or even a Mary Sue if you will.  He's clearly attached to all his characters. How else do you explain how they all survived the Clone Wars and Rebels in one piece, are still in the prime of their lives and accomplish feats better than Lucas's creations?

This version of Ahsoka isn't even a character. She's just written as generic wise master. Zip personality and zip motivation.  Maybe the cartoons she's a great character but in live action they give you nothing about Ahsoka to care about.

Well, maybe she's a

Spoiler

SuperAhsokaJoke.jpg.9690a3e1d51cdd7130214075bc56bc92.jpg

Agree that ep 5 and 6 was better, somehow Filoni pulled his head out of his ass after episode 3, which was a total stinker.

I am hoping Thrawn makes it back, there is a good part of me that hopes that this part of the universe wipes away the Disney trilogy.  In fact, the only thing good about the Disney era of Star Wars was Rogue One. 

Stormtrooper with a fake face was creepy somehow, please show some of Thrawn's genius, hoping for something  of a redemption here for SW under Disney.

Dude's already not acting like a stupid villain, assuming that Ahsoka is coming his way and asking for anything and everything about her.

He's studying up on his enemy and getting a plan in place.

Edited by Mog

What a fantastic episode! That was one of the best intros to a villain in Star Wars history! Not his first intro of course, but it was his first live action, and it was great, it's so easy to forget just how large an Imperial Class Star Destroyer really is. 

Very cool. Action packed. 

Spoiler

But first off Sabine is failing as a Mando , not having her helmet. I don't recall where she lost it or if we need to jeep seeing her fave to justify her paycheck. But she would be ridiculed by other Mandos for not wearing full Beskar'Gam in battle.

Secondly, I'm intrigued that Ezra is now so keen to fight without a lightsaber and rely purely on his fighting skills and force powers.

But let's go back to C3-PO busting in and bailing out Hera. On Senator Leia Organa's behalf, of course. I will say, it was cool to see "both "sides of the rebellion in one room there.

I see Balan has now gone off to pursue his own calling. I feel it's going to be a bit of a cliff hangar. But that wouldn't make sense, considering all things.

And Thrawn's troop drop ships are super cool. I'm assuming they've been around before, but they really caught my eye, especially with those tribal storm troopers disembarking.

All in all a great episode.

Spoiler

Regarding her helmet, Sabine lost it back on Seatos in OG Galaxy Far Far Away.  Huyang and Ahsoka picked it up before they left.

Regarding the drop ships, Rebels showed them a lot, and a very important scene involved one.

Kind of a bummer that Leia can’t appear for obvious real-life reasons.

And Thrawn still planning ahead, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he knows that Anakin = Vader.

9 minutes ago, Mog said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Regarding her helmet, Sabine lost it back on Seatos in OG Galaxy Far Far Away.  Huyang and Ahsoka picked it up before they left.

Regarding the drop ships, Rebels showed them a lot, and a very important scene involved one.

Kind of a bummer that Leia can’t appear for obvious real-life reasons.

And Thrawn still planning ahead, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he knows that Anakin = Vader.

Thanks for the info. 

Spoiler

Yes , I recall now, the final scene with Kanan. And Hera and crew escaping in one of those.

Some things translated to live action, just look so cool !

Edited by Bolt

Spoiler

I didn't care for the opening and 3PO. At all.

My only other thoughts on the episode are about Shin. She's cut loose by her master, as they're clearly on different paths. She charges off into battle feeling full of herself, then proceeds to get totally pantsed by an actual, real-deal Jedi. She flees when offered another path, but where does she go from here? Hrm...

Edited by Duke Togo

The opening was bad.  All of Hera's stuff solo stuff is bad. Filoni can't write political drama.

I think the 2 dark Jedi mercs are the most interesting because we still don't know that much about them.  Visually they are impressive but they've only hinting at their backstories and reasons. I think I would have rather watched a show from their perspective than Ahsoka's. 

What I want to know is does Ahsoka share all this positive wisdom from Anakin with his grandson?  That boy sure is troubled but loves the grandpa he never met. Ahsoka was visited by his force ghost and have recordings of him that helped guide her. Same could help his grandson too. 

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

I think the 2 dark Jedi mercs are the most interesting because we still don't know that much about them.  Visually they are impressive but they've only hinting at their backstories and reasons. I think I would have rather watched a show from their perspective than Ahsoka's. 

I understand this wouldn't have worked with the overarching story Filoni is trying to tell with these shows, but I completely agree. In a similar vein, I was far more interested in Lando's story in Solo than I was I  Han's. And now we're getting Lando movie with Donald Grover which I am 100% on board for. 

I want to know what Baylan is searching for, but I'm afraid we won't find out this season. And it's what I am most interested in. Of course, now we'll have a recasting, and who knows how that will go.

Also interested in seeing how Shin deals with abandonment and failure. She's no where near as well-trained or skilled as she thought she was, and it was a rude awakening.

Edited by Duke Togo

REALLY enjoyed 5-6, 7 was a bit of a letdown, lets see where it goes in 8.  I think the senate scene just emphasized that if they are really intent on doing this era, and doing big stories, like Thrawn, they have to recast  Luke Han and Leia, they can't just keep dancing around them not being present.  I also think they need to take a lot more time and polish on the writing. 

1 hour ago, Duke Togo said:

I want to know what Baylan is searching for, but I'm afraid we won't find out this season. And it's what I am most interested in. Of course, now we'll have a recasting, and who knows how that will go.

And unfortunately, we may never know with Mr. Stevenson's passing. If he isn't killed off in the next episode, recasting the part may be the only way to move that story forward. 

On 9/29/2023 at 10:59 AM, Roy Focker said:

The opening was bad.  All of Hera's stuff solo stuff is bad. Filoni can't write political drama.

To be fair, neither could Lucas.  The instant he tried to go beyond Empire bad, Rebels good he fell flat on his face.

On 9/29/2023 at 10:59 AM, Roy Focker said:

I think the 2 dark Jedi mercs are the most interesting because we still don't know that much about them. 

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.  Cough, Boba Fett, cough.  (Darth Maul ended up pretty good though).  

I think it is great seeing the New Republic post empire. Unfortunately , we all know that the New Republic didn't take the Imperial remnant seriously enough to prevent the First Order from rising. I hate where this all eventually goes. But I'm enjoying the ride. Fortunately, the Galaxy is a big place , not counting the OTHER Galaxy, and it's possible some of these characters from this era are not caught up in the shenanigans of the new trilogy.