ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

55 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Unless Arcadia sent a warning to Bandai, if you're going to borrow from previous designs, why no one has used the system Yamato came up with for the arms has puzzled me, I mean it works, the arms on my Yamato & Arcadia VF-1's are still rock solid with or without the Fast Packs on. 

Clearly ThreeZero is borrowing from Bandai & having the same issue. Also, what's up with that frosted/foggy looking canopy on Max & Miria? 

In this video it also shows the same frosted plastic canopy for these toys. 

the release date that I see on this is Q4 2023.....we have 11 days left in this year.  Has this been released?

Twich

update-it looks like Amazon has a May 2024 release date on this now

Edited by twich
update

On 12/21/2023 at 12:53 AM, twich said:

the release date that I see on this is Q4 2023.....we have 11 days left in this year.  Has this been released?

Twich

I put my PO in for Roy on Show-Z they still show old dates so thanks for heads up.:)

On 12/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, twich said:

Twich

May 2024? That's quite some delay.. but I don't mind, wallet needs a break lol

15 hours ago, MKT said:

May 2024? That's quite some delay.. but I don't mind, wallet needs a break lol

I have not seen any other date other than this one on amazon.  Since we are almost done with December, some official clarification would be nice!

Twich

11 hours ago, twich said:

I have not seen any other date other than this one on amazon.  Since we are almost done with December, some official clarification would be nice!

Twich

Response from Threezero regarding release of VF-1J:

We are sorry that there is a delay with the release of ROBO-DOU VF-1J Veritech (Rick Hunter) and the estimated shipping date would be in the 1st quarter of 2024.

Best Regards,
Threezero CS”

7 hours ago, 26662 said:

Response from Threezero regarding release of VF-1J:

We are sorry that there is a delay with the release of ROBO-DOU VF-1J Veritech (Rick Hunter) and the estimated shipping date would be in the 1st quarter of 2024.

Best Regards,
Threezero CS”

Well, I guess it is official!

Twich

• 2 months later...

Although they do not look like they are offerring anything radically superior to any currently available VF-1 at any scale....I still look forward to getting at least one in-hand...

With that said, I think it's very good timing for KC to be moving onto the enemy mechs and hopefully the Destroids...VF-1 fatigue may finally be getting to me...almost

The VF-1S has the ugly head sculpt like the Toynami 1/100 VF-1S.

Two updates that I would want Bandai's DX VF-1 to get based on KC and ThreeZero:  articulated TV hands and fixed posed trigger finger TV hands.

Don’t know if this was discussed/discovered before, but it looks like it has an articulated waist at the nosecone. Did anyone see the release date? First quarter 2024 ends in a few weeks….. 

Twich

6 hours ago, MKT said:

Those tabs are par for the course on a VF-1 right? I'm seeing all modern iterations of VF-1 have them.. 

Pretty much, though they wander around depending on the particular proportions and transformation.  

The position of that leg tab only matters if the corresponding "hole" in the back pack where it attaches to is not at the appropriate position....

Based on how it looks like in fighter mode....it looks like they did not goof it up like KitzConcept...

Yamato-Arcadia positioned this leg tab below the edge of the leg...as did KC on the first and only V 2.0...

image.png.5e6ba4be6c8898de8734b04c6a45a750.png

s-l1200.webp

But looks like ThreeZero is copying the tab based on what Bandai did with their VF-1 DX...even the shape! But the ThreeZero seems longer?

item_0000012634_cWlN9kC7_11.jpg

image.png.371c06834a264fdb18566be849f435b8.png

Why did the card on the VF-1J Rick say “prototype, pending licenser approval”. I thought the VF-1J was a done deal?  
Twich

Who knows....I doubt Harmony Gold would object to anything that comes to them for review...although unlikely, I would hope the delay is due to customer feedback from the shows where they have displayed their "prototype"....mainly the liberties they took on the head units for both the -1J and -1S....

• 2 weeks later...

I like the heads myself, they remind me of the 1990 Bandai Stuff. I know many of you are purest and that's ok too.

Thinking to myself these look bandai quality, at a KC price point. so I will likely buy them all once released.

Every time I'm thinking of getting one of the nice KC VF-1 non-canon schemes, and almost caving in, I'm reminded of these Threezero ones and how much better they look with likely better build quality even if they are the same hero schemes that we have seen many times over.

Edited by MKT

On 3/30/2024 at 7:38 AM, jvmacross said:

Any indication of when the VF-1J will be released?

Threezero's response in late December to my request for an update regarding the release of the VF-1J:

Best Regards,
Threezero CS”

They wouldn't provide an update until I gave them proof that I had ordered at least one VF-1J.  It was a polite exchange, but I'm not eager to ask them again.  Someone want to volunteer this time?

Edited by 26662

12 hours ago, 26662 said:

Threezero's response in late December to my request for an update regarding the release of the VF-1J:

Best Regards,
Threezero CS”

They wouldn't provide an update until I gave them proof that I had ordered at least one VF-1J.  It was a polite exchange, but I'm not eager to ask them again.  Someone want to volunteer this time?

I was just reading somewhere a few days ago that the VF-1J release is confirmed to be impending with no more delays, but can't find the post or link now.. Will update if I do find it.