Bigwest will do a global release of the MACROSS series... Games and Toys too!

Bub

On 8/27/2021 at 2:21 AM, Bolt said:

They're waiting for Jesus to bring the pork chopsūü§™

21 hours ago, JB0 said:

Discotek only has so much money, and to be frank they're the only probable licensee. 

I can't guess as to what Big West's lioensing engine looks like, but I can think of lots of reasons that it would take more than four months from conclusion of the legal saga to release of BluRays.

i need dyrl with english subs before i dieūüíÄ

On 7/24/2021 at 9:58 AM, Bolt said:

I love rewatching some of Frontier. And i like the music. But the 3d animation parts are painful to watch. I make an exception at the 14:24 mark, i guess..

Oh, I also often re-watch Frontier

work time

Azariy

Edited by mrchucks
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 12:26 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

ah i meant official copy. (non fan sub) that will be the dream that one day will finally happen since 1984

Life is too short to wait on longshots 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, crackpot said:

Plus, Frontier, and Delta tease. SDFM and DYRL are obviously unlikely. 

20211007_102155.jpg.52c0e10565c0a9ce8410ae4a26bdacb2.jpg20211007_102144.jpg.04117eca39f37ffad831e0a2cfcf4756.jpg

Now that is some very fine news indeed. :D 

1 hour ago, uzernaem said:

Is the legal status of DYRL still not clear?

That's the stickiest wicket of all, since the distribution rights need to be sorted out.

Harmony Gold has the merchandising rights only.

5 minutes ago, uzernaem said:

How did that even happen? HG took no part in making DYRL.

Harmony Gold licensed the merchandising rights to DYRL? c.2000-2001 as part of their effort to stop the importation of Macross goods into the US. 

That particular move was intended to protect Toynami's then-pending Masterpiece Collection toys from having to compete against Japanese VF-1 toys.

9 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Harmony Gold licensed the merchandising rights to DYRL? c.2000-2001 as part of their effort to stop the importation of Macross goods into the US. 

That particular move was intended to protect Toynami's then-pending Masterpiece Collection toys from having to compete against Japanese VF-1 toys.

That sucks. Well IIRC they don't have rights for using Mikimoto's character designs and VF-1s in their own productions, right? Not that HG needs any rights other than merchandizing rights nowadays.

8 minutes ago, uzernaem said:

That sucks. Well IIRC they don't have rights for using Mikimoto's character designs and VF-1s in their own productions, right? Not that HG needs any rights other than merchandizing rights nowadays.

Eh... it sucked, past tense.  Now that the legal obstacles are cleared it shouldn't be a problem.  They just have to sort out whoever's got the film's distribution rights outside Japan and everything's good.  That's the real point of confusion.

Yeah, HG can't use the designs from Macross in new animation or live action because they don't have the intellectual property rights.  They can use it in stuff in merchandise like comic books, video games, toys, etc. tho.  Not that most of that stuff sells worth a damn for them anymore.