8 hours ago, Chas said:

Yeah, kinda makes you wonder, if the design changed so much from the art work to the artifact why they would bother to show them together.

I know, it's so weird. It's like why not show the actual artwork the sculpt is based off? 

Nice to see the Beagle Houquet prototype pics again haha.. It looked like they were close to releasing it.
I'm not sure which would be sadder: abandoning Houquet as they did, or releasing her but no Yellow follow up. :p

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I had a friend in high school who drew derivative mecha like that.  Very similar proportions.

We weren't impressed with them, either. 😒

I’d be impressed if it was from a kid in high school, but not from a supposedly professional artist 

10 hours ago, jenius said:

I think Aramaki worked on Halo so that probably makes sense.

Since Halo's plasma pistol look like one from Mospeada, I think this might be the case.
In fact, he did directed Halo Legends' The Package.

Edited by roboemo

Does anyone have the B2Five Yellow figure? It appears I received two right-hand bracers/gauntlets for mine. In bike mode, if I point the motorcycle to the right, the number is "10". If I point the bike to the left, the number is an upside down 10. Does anyone have the 10 look right in both directions? I just want to confirm it's a packaging issue for the one I have and not a universal problem. 

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Does anyone have the B2Five Yellow figure? It appears I received two right-hand bracers/gauntlets for mine. In bike mode, if I point the motorcycle to the right, the number is "10". If I point the bike to the left, the number is an upside down 10. Does anyone have the 10 look right in both directions? I just want to confirm it's a packaging issue for the one I have and not a universal problem. 

I have it, and opened it, but I’ll have to find the box it’s packed in. I may have posted pictures of it here, but I’ll check a few pages back 

5F7E7DE9-C318-4C40-8329-888CE654B894.jpeg

Edited by Big s
Both arms had 10, but one is upside down. I was missing a wheel. Luckily I had bought two for displaying in both modes

The one in that pic looks like it would have the same problem. 

Funny follow-up, I opened up an Acid Rain Stronghold figure I have to show the weapons attached to the ride armor... first time I ever opened it. That toy has guns on either side of the head and wouldn't you know it... it came with two guns for the left side and none for the right. Is this just a joke they like to play? That's even more serious though since the guns are staggered differently left and right and the ride armor issue is just paint.  

Edited by jenius

4 hours ago, Big s said:

Both arms had 10, but one is upside down.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

If I point the bike to the left, the number is an upside down 10.

Given you both have the same problem, are we to assume this is a widespread issue?

Are they ALL this way? 🤨

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Mine is 10s, luckily.

Curious- did you get the Mospeada branded version or the Robotech branded version? I was going to get both but talked myself out of it and canceled my Japan order (keeping the BBTS one), so I think I ended up with just the RT-branded. 

No description available.

Edited by vladykins

35 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Mine is 10s, luckily.

Curious- did you get the Mospeada branded version or the Robotech branded version? I was going to get both but talked myself out of it and canceled my Japan order (keeping the BBTS one), so I think I ended up with just the RT-branded. 

One of mine was Japanese and the second one i opened was Robotech and both had the same issue. I kinda think the workers probably just grabbed parts to throw in the packages. And in some cases they just forgot important things like an entire front wheel 

Whoa, this was wild, I decided to try my Robotech version (once I realized they were the same I was going to just sell it off but now I had to know). In my Robotech version there's an extra baggy that includes two more bracers, one of each L&R. In more awesome news, the ones in the blister were screwed up in the opposite way from my Japanese release! 

Big S, check your Robotech release for a baggy of corrected parts. 

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

Whoa, this was wild, I decided to try my Robotech version (once I realized they were the same I was going to just sell it off but now I had to know). In my Robotech version there's an extra baggy that includes two more bracers, one of each L&R. In more awesome news, the ones in the blister were screwed up in the opposite way from my Japanese release! 

I have some of the extras boxed at the moment from when we moved, but I’ll definitely take a look. It’s odd to hear that the Robotech version might actually be the better one for once

8 hours ago, jenius said:

This guy had the same thing.  Extra baggie with correct parts on his Robotech version.

6 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

They look cool for the scale, but too many teeny parts for me. 

Honestly they don’t have too many small parts. The issue I’ve had is that the transformation can be a bit fiddly and sometimes frustrating. I bought two of each so I didn’t have to worry about that though. The figures are definitely more fun on the bikes though 

2 hours ago, Big s said:

Honestly they don’t have too many small parts. The issue I’ve had is that the transformation can be a bit fiddly and sometimes frustrating. I bought two of each so I didn’t have to worry about that though. The figures are definitely more fun on the bikes though 

Truthfully, what ride armor you ISN’T a pain to transform?

I just want to state for the record, I HATE having to paint tiny details by hand.

Bartleyfinished.jpg.8ea294e73658c63567099f271028282f.jpg

BoroughSuperiorfinished.jpg.c64edd4518be76760afc2dde5d594529.jpg

Thanks for the "before" pic, @jenius☺️

tandem.jpg.86e184ae9d656ce9d259ff0b7696c3d7.jpg

This took much longer than expected. 😳

Bartleyminiature.jpg.35ed5f6d87aeb9087eedf076f79accf8.jpg

BoroughSuperiorminiature.jpg.02f61dee1e9517e712dedeae83419154.jpg

We love the little pilot figures, Sentinel, but could you paint them yourselves next time? 🤕

On 8/22/2023 at 11:22 AM, tekering said:

I just want to state for the record, I HATE having to paint tiny details by hand.

Thanks for the "before" pic, @jenius☺️

This took much longer than expected. 😳

We love the little pilot figures, Sentinel, but could you paint them yourselves next time? 🤕

looking awesome tekering.  there is zero chance of me doing that (i'd probably mess it up) so i'm just going to appreciate yours and i agree...sentinel shoulda done that already for the prices they were charging for these IMO.

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. :hi:

While painting Sentinel's tiny Borough Superior, I also painted EXO's 3D-printed ride armour figures to match:

tinyBoroughSuperior.jpg.22654e36b046772d023eee9f4b3d74f3.jpg

Which is considerably more time-consuming, in fact, considering all the tiny support marks that need to be sanded off the backs of each figure...

VF-041Hcleanupandpainting.jpg.a4c04c2f4d0057429082cdf30c5a1108.jpg

...and the necessity of scratchbuilding replacement parts for damaged components (like those tiny fins around the verniers).

2 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

there is zero chance of me doing that (i'd probably mess it up)

Of course you'd mess it up!  Anything requiring the use of paint brushes is an exercise in damage control, and the smaller the figure, the more mistakes you make.

The secret to a decent paint job at this scale is perseverance.  You'll have to paint the same areas four or five times, each pass correcting mistakes you made on a previous pass.

tinyBoroughSuperiorinaction.jpg.b0ca25aaefc20e5cca784893650e3a46.jpg

You've just got to keep at it until it finally looks good.

tinyBoroughSuperiorfrombehind.jpg.d9f2686734b61141e276e0523d86b895.jpg

That's why it takes so damn long. 🤕

While searching this morning Ebay I came across this listing,  1/72 Gorse Garage Kit Wonder Festival 2023 Summer

Those 1/72 Legioss model kits finally have some bad guys to shoot at now. 

Nori Motors 1/72 Gorse Garage Kit Wonder Festival 2023 Summer Wf2023S Mospeada | eBay

Nori Motors 1/72 Gorse Garage Kit Wonder Festival 2023 Summer Wf2023S Mospeada - Picture 1 of 3

@tekering I have that very EXO made ride armor & have yet to assemble or paint it both do to its size and the painting required, yours looks damn good, even finish & nice clean lines! 

Edited by 505thAirborne