2 hours ago, jenius said:

Agreed, DYRL seems like easy money compared to those nightmares.

I don’t think they’re allowed to do the DYRL stuff anymore. I get a little lost now and then on these rules though 

now that I think about it, it’s possible they may not be able to do a lot of the odd squadrons that didn’t show up in the tv series. They can easily do the cool Alaska base ones though

Edited by Big s

19 minutes ago, Big s said:

I don’t think they’re allowed to do the DYRL stuff anymore. I get a little lost now and then on these rules though 

now that I think about it, it’s possible they may not be able to do a lot of the odd squadrons that didn’t show up in the tv series. They can easily do the cool Alaska base ones though

That's what's killing me seeing this lime green one when I was hoping for a Kakizaki green one. Again, I'd be down for that; even in metallic green.

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

That's what's killing me seeing this lime green one when I was hoping for a Kakizaki green one. Again, I'd be down for that; even in metallic green.

I don’t think they can do his green Skull Squadron 1A, the brown is ok, but I guess since the green is the DYRL color then it’s a no no as far as I know 

Alaska Base seems more logical than this. 

Someone told me this might represent the major "colors" of the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers (Honda Red, Suzuki white and blue, Kawasaki green, Yamaha yellow and black.) but that would be a weirder niche to go after. 

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Alaska Base seems more logical than this. 

Someone told me this might represent the major "colors" of the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers (Honda Red, Suzuki white and blue, Kawasaki green, Yamaha yellow and black.) but that would be a weirder niche to go after. 

Suzuki yelow and black, Yamaha white and blue. 🤪

23 hours ago, Big s said:

Yeah, I suspect this is the issue.

13 hours ago, MKT said:

The colors of the green one look somewhat familiar.. then I remembered the VF-25F Family Mart edition.

VF100FMFighterNRMnt.jpg.1c23fd15192155500062cceb14c60316.jpg

Edit: Added pic from Jenius's site.
VF100-VF-25-21.webp.611a4f1d4ecb81bbb8cbdc85944a6323.webp

If they had just went with green-blue stripes like the FM VF-25...it may have been ok....but no...they just went puke green all over for the complete fail...

While I have no intentions of starting a 1/72 VF-1 toy collection, for those who are, has KC attempted the following yet: Alaska base, Minmay Guard, Cavaliers, VF-X, VF-1D, Low Vis NAVY? 

If they haven't, these seem like better options than the 3-Ring Circus they're teasing. 

Though, I'll admit... their Angel Bird looked good, almost went for it. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

43 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

While I have no intentions of starting a 1/72 VF-1 toy collection, for those who are, has KC attempted the following yet: Alaska base, Minmay Guard, Cavaliers, VF-X, VF-1D, Low Vis NAVY? 

If they haven't, these seem like better options than the 3-Ring Circus they're teasing. 

Though, I'll admit... their Angel Bird looked good, almost went for it. 

Not yet...

The closest to a low viz Navy was the recent Focker Special paint edition...

They are running out of TV canon schemes for VF-1A, J, and S....still need Cavs, Alaska Base, and the VF-1D, which would require some mold changes...and if they do that, they may as well do a VEFR-1...surprised they haven't released any "design your own" VFs...like the ones Yamato released...apparently their ability to do that on their own clearly is not working out...lol

I remember when old BBC licensees like Dapol and Product Enterprise exhausted all the Dalek liveries that had been (up to that point), and just went crazy with odd colors, glitter, and then got graffiti artists to do paintjobs. Both moves were at the end of their licenses. 

I see CCP milking their molds for Godzilla (Hedorah even getting a graffiti version too), but like sofubi, there's more precedent of success in sales in that genre.

Maybe now it will be with Macross too.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:58 AM, vladykins said:

They made some bizarre color choices here:

May be an image of toy and text

I don't know about the top left, but top right and the bottom three are definitely homages to iconic Japanese motorcycle paint schemes.

GSX R1100

image.jpeg.cb110494eab3d892ee7154240c1f58a6.jpeg

Kawi ZX-7

image.jpeg.17eaf8fc46d753b1b555f19cdcb92225.jpeg

Honda Repsol CBR1000

image.jpeg.8e8b5e77120ec76f6a6026d48aaca129.jpeg

Yamaha R1 in USA racing yellow

60th-Anniversary-Yamaha-YZF-R1-yellow-black-ewc-09.jpg.webp.60c790324a4d389f279c941534e21567.webp

That's a cool assed callback, if you ask me.

3 hours ago, strikevalk said:

what is going on here?

Someone at Kitz Concept has been tasked with assembling and packaging Dana Sterling figures.  Apparently, it's lot of work for one person, as it's taken him over three years and he still hasn't finished one... 🙄

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Someone at Kitz Concept has been tasked with assembling and packaging Dana Sterling figures.  Apparently, it's lot of work for one person, as it's taken him over three years and he still hasn't finished one... 🙄

.... oh my

3 year!!! lololol

47 minutes ago, shazam said:

BBTS shows that this figure should of arrived last month.

PRE-ORDER

Estimated to arrive November 2023

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/127580?o=4

I did pre-order from BBTS, but I knew I made sure to not hold my breath.  I guess i'll just put together this relic in the meantime?  lol

IMG_7736.jpg

1 hour ago, strikevalk said:

I did pre-order from BBTS, but I knew I made sure to not hold my breath.  I guess i'll just put together this relic in the meantime?  lol

IMG_7736.jpg

Please post the pictures. It’s very rare to see it put together and even more of a rarity to see one done with any care

One solution is they could get a license from Bic West(Big West)

or

they could sell any Valkyrie they want,  just you would have to assemble it and add labels/stickers? think about it they could have a parts generator with a picture of a Valk and broken down into its factory parts . you could piece together any valk you wanted in over a dozen defderent colors/styles and you would have to put it together after you receive your vanilla white box. everything would be sold just as parts and custom DIY Parts. you could just order 1 one oz part but they would still charge you full shipping for whole thing to avoid abuse . it would be a work around to get DYRL, Ostrich, Elitseeker, the whole series. they could open a brand for stickers/labels called StickerConceptz and sell them exclusively on ShowZ for every macross valk ever made or dreamed of to avoid legal issues with BW/Bandai. remember they are just selling replacement parts and DIY custom parts in a white box. no names and no labels. it falls under the right to repair and upgrade laws.

It's just a thought don't kill me:)

Ok Bandai has 1/48 Scale, 1/90(100) Scale and 1/55 scale in the closet. what if KC created 1/35 DX type Scale with 100x more detail?  why not add a new more desired scale? something even more premium to directly compete with Bandai.  I would like a bigger DX type toy that includes everything in the box with no expensive add-ons .