sh9000

• sh9000 changed the title to Black Panther 2 - July 8, 2022
1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Internet rumor is pointing towards Shuri since Disney doesn't want to recast Chadwick's T'Challa character.

That seems to be out the window now given what actress Letitia Wright did on twitter with going on a long rambling conspiracy rant possibly while high and or drunk like what Mel Gibson did except she replaced jewish people with transgendered people and blamed them for causing/spreading covid.... Yeah. 

9 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

That seems to be out the window now given what actress Letitia Wright did on twitter with going on a long rambling conspiracy rant possibly while high and or drunk like what Mel Gibson did except she replaced jewish people with transgendered people and blamed them for causing/spreading covid.... Yeah. 

Pretty sure that "all" she did was post a link to some nonsense conspiracy theory video from YouTube that covered many topics, including COVID-19. Hadn't heard any of that other stuff.

In any event she's off of Social Media now and probably for the best. Disney PR will crisis manage the sh!t out of her (and probably Gina C.).

I'm curious as to how they will handle the Black Panther mantle, but time will tell.

-b.

13 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Thanks. I didn't know about this so I google'd it.

Can't lie, was hoping we would finally see the White Wolf in costume; since they already dropped the teaser anyway.  Boseman is called away for whatever reason, Wakanda needs an intermediate protector, who during the film gets his butt handed to him forcing the new Black Panther to take the mantle, whom-so-ever that may be.

2 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

Can't lie, was hoping we would finally see the White Wolf in costume; since they already dropped the teaser anyway.  Boseman is called away for whatever reason, Wakanda needs an intermediate protector, who during the film gets his butt handed to him forcing the new Black Panther to take the mantle, whom-so-ever that may be.

...Sam Wilson who becomes the new Black Panther, leaving the way open for Bucky to be Captain America!

4 hours ago, Thom said:

...Sam Wilson who becomes the new Black Panther, leaving the way open for Bucky to be Captain America!

Why couldn't Bucky be Black Panther?  He spent a lot more time in Wakanda than Falcon...

Let's be real here, beyond the legacy of the comics and the very diverse few that have carried title of Black Panther (there have been a LOT, including apparently Steve Rogers in the Ultimate universe), the audience that catapulted Black Panther to success at the theaters is not going to accept the mantle going to a non-BIPOC.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Panther

This is not likely to go to Bucky, precedent in the comics or not (besides, he's busy in the Falcon and The Winter Soldier (which I'm very much looking forward to)). That said, with nothing but respect to everyone reading this, please just look at current or historical real-world events to find your no nonsense answer to why not.

Everyone has their money on Shuri, but I'd honestly prefer some comic book movie shenanigans that brings Michael B. Jordan back to take up the mantle.

-b.

• sh9000 changed the title to Black Panther 2 Wakanda Forever
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Comic precedents notwithstanding, I'm iffy on the prospect of someone new taking on the mantle of Black Panther. Chadwick Boseman did such an excellent job portraying the character; that leaves some big shoes to fill. The next actor to fill the role is certainly going to feel the pressure, as comparisons are a forgone conclusion. It's the nature of the beast, delicious pun intended.😛

Personally, I didn't really feel the need for, nor expect a sequel to the first film. Given the unexpected and far too early loss of Mr. Boseman (RIP), I thought it fitting to let it stand alone within the current MCU franchise. If they want to make another Black Panther film 10 years down the line, apart from the current MCU series, great!  I think a tv series detailing T'Challa's upbringing and growth into the man, and ultimately the leader, he becomes would be a cool project for Disney to contemplate in the interim.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Thom said:

What was that about Daniel Radcliffe?!:p

Can't wait to see the first trailer.

Yeah, it’s gonna be weird having him take over as the new Black Panther. Never really thought of him as an action Star, but maybe he bulked up to play this iconic role.

I think this trailer gives away every possible surprise you could see in the movie. Look this character is in it too and here's their cool costume. Only thing that could be kept secret is who the real enemy is. Trailer suggests it a conflict between Wakanda and Namor but you there's bound to be someone else pulling the strings.