What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

2 hours ago, SteveTheFish said:

The eye decals look better than those they provided for the little figures that came with the Lovely Angel kit. I finished that earlier this year. The eyes just seem a bit off somehow, but I cannot put a finger on why exactly.

https://stevethefishdotnet.tumblr.com/post/716114622462246912/hasegawa-dirty-pair-kei-yuri-1300-lovely

And since you like Dirty Pair, last year I finished my 1:4 scale Kei and Yuri sofubi figures. They are BIG! Painting them was difficult since I was getting used to using V-Color vinyl paints. Yuri was a bootleg kit from Korea to boot, so her surface had too many dimples. I had to use a surfacer to fill in the dimples, and that is the problem. V-Color paints are better going directly onto vinyl, so I had a lot of paint lift off with masking tape and it drove me crazy. Kei, OTOH, was an original Fukaya and did not have such flaws. Here is a photoset for that:

https://stevethefishdotnet.tumblr.com/post/680782257296916481/14-dirty-pair-kei-and-yuri-sofubi-photoset-april

These links are to my Tumblr feed where I have a bunch of modeling and other nerd stuff. My prize Dirty Pair possessions are my Kei and Yuri pre-painted cold cast figures by Epoch. These are limited edition figures I bought 16 years ago.

https://stevethefish.net/life/life035.htm

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Dirrty Pair was one of those anime that I saw first as a bootleg and kinda have a soft spot for those at the time since that was sometimes the only way to get anime at the time 

19 hours ago, Big s said:

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Dirrty Pair was one of those anime that I saw first as a bootleg and kinda have a soft spot for those at the time since that was sometimes the only way to get anime at the time 

I think my first exposure to Dirty Pair was the stupid Streamline English dubbed videos. Then later I saw some fansubs. Some of the episodes are pretty weak, but the show overall is fun. 

So I bought the recon pod kit on YSJ from a shop called Dejitamin I sometimes buy from. It looks like I may have bought the last one. I'm sure Hasegawa will repop it, but for the time being it's not on their schedule. 

16 minutes ago, SteveTheFish said:

I'm sure Hasegawa will repop it, but for the time being it's not on their schedule. 

I’m pretty sure they will. It’s still available at some stores. I’m just glad Hasegawa is getting more adventurous with their offerings lately 

On 9/15/2023 at 7:19 PM, Shawn said:

With the new Large Missile Pod Regult and Queadluu-Rau coming out, lets take a moment and bow our heads for a moment and appreciate the originals :)

large_missiles_quead.jpg

Imai actually made a very nice q-rau for the day and I think it still looks great. Can’t wait for the hasegawa 

On 9/16/2023 at 4:19 AM, Shawn said:

With the new Large Missile Pod Regult and Queadluu-Rau coming out, lets take a moment and bow our heads for a moment and appreciate the originals :)

large_missiles_quead.jpg

I've a Bandai Recast of the Quedlun-Rau in my basement :)

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I was wondering if that's an actual model or is it a computer rendering??? It almost looks TO perfect ...

If you zoom in on the Milia figure, you can see irregularities in the way her hair and the markings on the front of her suit are painted.

Hasegawa’s product photos are always very impressive. In cases like this, it looks to me like the body parts may be unpainted plastic that has been clear coated with decals applied. I’d have to see what the parts look like to see if the base colors match the way this model is decorated. In most cases though, I think they just have really good painters.

15 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@VF-1A Grunt - Yes, you are correct now that I'm looking at on a 32" monitor. Was looking on my phone earlier. The Milia figure definitely is hand painted, very well I must say! I'm 100% with you on the bare plastic with a clear coat and decal possibility though! 

I’m pretty sure they’ll include eye decals. On the og tv version I had to paint the eyes. I wish I had taken pictures of it before boxing it, because I was really proud of myself back in the day. Color pencils over flat white works really well. Then just add a couple drops of white to get the anime glare and there you go. I think I have better tools now like water color pencils, but if it does include the eyes, I’ll probably use those to save time