What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

20 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Ordered!

Really hope they have Glaug and power armors in the works. And hopefully all in 1/72.

I can’t think of any Macross kits they’ve done under 1/72. The way they did the knee joints impressed me on the Regult and I hope that that kind of innovation carries over to the Glaug. 

Yep, this was an insta-buy for me. Took care of my PO first thing this morning. It will be nice to have all four variants at the same scale in a modern, well-made form. Looking at you Bandai, with your still-unreleased HM-R Scout that was teased in prototype form at an event several years ago. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it...they are churning them out huh! Ordered!

I wonder if they would do an alternate variant like they did with the recent GBPs....would be interesting to see one with extra missile pods as a fun variation

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, electric indigo said:

New extras for your Regults from Experten

The Hasegawa kits usually cost around ¥3000, so ¥13,000 for an add-on is pretty steep. Experten does great work, so I'm in no way criticizing the quality of it. It's just likely priced out of reach of a lot of people. If what they're selling are the digital files, so you can resin print four copies for the four variants (Regular, Scout, Light Missile, Heavy Missile), that makes the price a bit more reasonable, but most companies don't offer them for sale. It's risky to do that.

3 hours ago, electric indigo said:

New extras for your Regults from Experten

The rough Google translation. Cool to see that the Zentraedi figures will be movable so they can be posed standing or sitting. Not cheap though!

[WF2023s semi-new work Part 1]
1/72 Regult cockpit & Zentraedi soldier (TV version)
1/72 Regult cockpit & Zentraedi soldier (reconnaissance type)
¥13,000 each
It is a set sale of cockpit interior parts for Hasegawa 1/72 kit and crew seated and standing figures (fully movable).
#WF2023S #Macross #Macross 40th Anniversary #Macross Modelers

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

The Hasegawa kits usually cost around ¥3000, so ¥13,000 for an add-on is pretty steep. Experten does great work, so I'm in no way criticizing the quality of it. It's just likely priced out of reach of a lot of people. If what they're selling are the digital files, so you can resin print four copies for the four variants (Regular, Scout, Light Missile, Heavy Missile), that makes the price a bit more reasonable, but most companies don't offer them for sale. It's risky to do that.

I got my first regult for $20. The add on is quite high in price. That being said, I’d love to have at least one but not sure on funds

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

October announcements have no new Macross, but we do have some returning kits

1/48 VF-1J/A Vermillion Squad

1/48 VF-1A Angel Birds

1/72 VF-1J/A Gerwalk

1/72 VF-0S 

1/72 VF-1S Strike Battroid

Most of these were up on preorder the other night. Most seem to be rereleases, but they did have a couple new items 

On 8/2/2023 at 10:03 PM, TMBounty_Hunter said:

October announcements have no new Macross, but we do have some returning kits

1/48 VF-1J/A Vermillion Squad

1/48 VF-1A Angel Birds

Oh man, right after I just found and brought home a new old stock 1/48 Angel Birds kit from Japan! I’ll probably order another one or two because the red and blue decals in the kit I got look kind of pale, like they may have faded, in comparison to my 1/72 kits.

7 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Ok, so I know we’re talking about the ball releases, but is anyone else excited about 1/12 Yuri?

I’m a bit interested, more if I can get the cash together for both figures and the ship to to a little display 

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

I'm just waiting for them to re-release the F-19 dullahans, HLJ has it on backorder. 

That one was re-released in April. I was lucky enough to catch it. Hopefully it will re-issue again this year!

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

That one was re-released in April. I was lucky enough to catch it. Hopefully it will re-issue again this year!

Again, this thing with companies where the popular non-hero versions are released in quantities of droplets. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ranger565 said:

Is there any reason Hasagawa could not make a Spartan? No one is making them, not even wave. 

They could, but I kinda think wave would be a bit more of a possibility since they just rereleased the other destroids. Either that or max factory with the plamax line. Hasegawa seems to like reusing molds as much as possible even with the Regult. And I do appreciate that they put out as many regults as they have. It just makes me curious if they will do the Glaug since there really was just one color without totally changing the mold. Keeping my fingers crossed on that and zentraedi armors.

Anything could be possible, but I do hope someone does a great Spartan no matter which company.

Does anyone here have the old Arii 1:72 Glaug? I've never seen it myself; only pictures. About three times per year, there is a mook series called Hobby Japan Vintage which showcases old kits from the Showa Period. There was one about Imai's Macross and another one about all kits from the three Super Dimensional series and that one showed all the Arii Macross kits. (No coverage for the Nichmo Macross kits, unfortunately.) 

The proportions on the Arii Glaug look decent. Proportions are often the weak points of Arii's kits, like the lame feet of their 1:72 Armored Valkyrie or the blockyness of their 1:100 Destroids.