What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

On 4/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, KOG Water Dragon said:

I actually...  really don't like these new rounded hands. I'm hoping this kit still includes the original battroid hands as an option.

I'm going to want all my battroid hands to match each other, and I'd rather not have to buy 'donor' kits to replace the hands with the original style.

I do think these new hands look kind of odd, not chunky enough to look like the TV hands.

I personally don’t mind variations between models (like TV vs. movie hands). I like the Master Files approach that the TV version of things, like pilot flight suits, cockpit design, etc. are early VF-1 features, and movie designs represent later “block” versions of the VF-1.

I’m curious if the hip and head changes will be incorporated into the standard VF-1 Battroid, since they’re re-releasing that model at the same time. I’d like to see the Super Battroid joint upgrades included in the standard model too.

1 hour ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

I’m curious if the hip and head changes will be incorporated into the standard VF-1 Battroid, since they’re re-releasing that model at the same time. I’d like to see the Super Battroid joint upgrades included in the standard model too.

I have a feeling that that’s probably happening, probably depending on sales. I kinda wish they had also redesigned the upper torso to add in a bit of a joint to lean forward similar to how the revoltech and tomy tech vf’s did. That would’ve allowed a better range of motion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Bolt said:

Yes indeed! But I only have one of each right now. So I would have to replace both! 😅

I think there are VT-1's in stock at HLJ. They are harder to get by.

I’m still hoping for a VF-1D fighter in 1/48. I’d love to see the VT-1 and VE-1 in 1/48 also, but I figure the D is a much simpler update. I wonder though if they might be reluctant to do that because they’d feel obligated to include Hikaru and Minmay figures in the D, which would require additional tooling, of course. I’d be happy to have two TV pilots come with it, but then they couldn’t really offer the 102 aircraft from the series, or people would complain about the figures.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Haven't seen that. Looks custom. Is that an official upcoming  Hasegawa release?

I’m pretty sure someone had the Wave 1/72 model and custom built the the top. In the picture they’re a numbered ticket like an entry from a builder, although I can’t read it . I don’t think this a hasegawa add on or anything to do with hasegawa, just a nifty custom build.

the only reason I’m guessing that it’s the wave kit is that I just bought all three of their destroid kits for the 40th anniversary rerelease and there’s a lot of similarities I’ve noticed in the details. Like the leg and foot attachments as well as inner details for the missiles. I think imai did the old phalanx in 1/100 but don’t remember that much detail. And I don’t remember there being another one at the time in 1/72

Edited by Big s

1 hour ago, Gabe Q said:

The layout of the missiles in the launchers gives it away. It's the wave version with a custom head. 

That’s one of the big details I noticed. I don’t know if it’s the official set up, but I think it’s the only kit that looks that way

9 minutes ago, Duymon said:

The way Hasegawa could steal all my money is if they made 1/48 battroids because building an army of 1/48 battroids at ~$50 usd a pop would cause hasegawa macross backlogs to explode

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7i0vzbtuoij6kqkmm79

23 hours ago, Duymon said:

The way Hasegawa could steal all my money is if they made 1/48 battroids because building an army of 1/48 battroids at ~$50 usd a pop would cause hasegawa macross backlogs to explode

I think they should move to the 1/48 scale more. It would separate them from the intruding of max factory in the 1/72 scale and it would allow them to start over rather than re use a mostly outdated kit for the Battroid. The Regult kits are a good example of hasegawa learning how to work with mecha designs and joints over the years and a fresh start in the larger scale could be a game changer for them. Although if they did a larger scale with good articulation, they’d have to come up with better ways of developing sturdier joints and I kinda doubt it would only be $50 . Maybe $70 on a low guess, but I think the size would be a draw for fans.

Personally, I don’t have space for it, but there are many in the community that would love the larger scale and it would be something to really set them apart if they handle it well 

On 5/23/2023 at 9:33 PM, Big s said:

I think they should move to the 1/48 scale more. It would separate them from the intruding of max factory in the 1/72 scale and it would allow them to start over rather than re use a mostly outdated kit for the Battroid. The Regult kits are a good example of hasegawa learning how to work with mecha designs and joints over the years and a fresh start in the larger scale could be a game changer for them. Although if they did a larger scale with good articulation, they’d have to come up with better ways of developing sturdier joints and I kinda doubt it would only be $50 . Maybe $70 on a low guess, but I think the size would be a draw for fans.

Personally, I don’t have space for it, but there are many in the community that would love the larger scale and it would be something to really set them apart if they handle it well 

If they did a battroid kit in 1/48, I could probably find a way to make it transform.

I like the shell casing flying everywhere - cool! Though most gatling cannon have a closed loop system. It still makes for a dynamic pose. - MT