DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

Funny question, but is anyone here planning to ditch the packaging for theirs? I acquired a YF-29 a couple years back second-hand with no box, and figured I'd be fine with it, but now my OCD sense is tingling at me. :lol:

If anyone doesn't want the box and styrofoam bits, I'd be happy to pay a few bucks plus shipping for one. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

Or the Assalut Knife?

I have to check my box and manual today.

Now having Altos YF-29 in my main Macross display I really wished they would have painted the middle ridge of the multi-directional thruster nozzles white. I know it is not line-art accurate but they look so good on the VF-25G and RVF-25 with the extra bit of paint.

Funny question, but is anyone here planning to ditch the packaging for theirs? I acquired a YF-29 a couple years back second-hand with no box, and figured I'd be fine with it, but now my OCD sense is tingling at me. :lol:

If anyone doesn't want the box and styrofoam bits, I'd be happy to pay a few bucks plus shipping for one. :)

Would it mess up your OCD too if you 'KNOW' that the box you're going to buy is 'NOT' the original box that came with your YF-29? :rolleyes:

Hahaha! Just kidding. I'm just messing up your OCD head. :lol:

Pfft :lol: Not really, and honestly, I'm planning on selling off one of my 30th "Focker" schemed ones eventually, so I'd considered selling it loose and putting Alto in that box, but I don't like the idea of shipping one off without the styrofoam to protect it.

PM me first if ever? :ph34r: I don't mind a 'loose' YF-29 30th Anniv variant. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Is there a method to the madness as to what gets reissued? Are YF29 reissue for the Alto, or any other variant, out of the question now that VF31 is being released in Dec?

Really don't want to pay a 50 to 100% mark up and I'm not really digging the VF31s.

Is there a method to the madness as to what gets reissued? Are YF29 reissue for the Alto, or any other variant, out of the question now that VF31 is being released in Dec?

Really don't want to pay a 50 to 100% mark up and I'm not really digging the VF31s.

That's is something I've been wondering myself. I wonder if we'll ever see a vf25 reissue now. Part of me thinks not since vf25s are so cheap compared to the newer releases. I bet bandai would sooner release a more expensive DX than a cheaper one. Sad as I would like a reissue of a vf25g and a cf 171 (will never happen for the teal frontier one).

There's no sure pattern to go by... just Murphy's Law. If you buy it on the secondary market,they'll announce the reissue a month later.

Yeah. For me the YF-29 Alto was announced for re-release like two days after I bought it from Mandarake. Thankfully, I was able to cancel the order and got it way cheaper later on.

• 5 months later...

So I got an email from HLJ stating that they've been unsuccessful on attempting to get stock for the Alto's DX YF-29 order. And that they also contacted the suppliers, and that there are no plans on producing it in the foreseeable future, at this time. So they removed it from my order list.

This order has been in my order list before it went discontinued. Please advice for people who kept this in their list might be surprised to see that it's not in their order list anymore.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

So I got an email from HLJ stating that they've been unsuccessful on attempting to get stock for the Alto's DX YF-29 order. And that they also contacted the suppliers, and that there are no plans on producing it in the foreseeable future, at this time. So they removed it from my order list.

This order has been in my order list before it went discontinued. Please advice for people who kept this in their list might be surprised to see that it's not in their order list anymore.

were you waiting on new stock instead of buying from Mandarake for example? I see they have a few still available.. 

8 hours ago, spanner said:

were you waiting on new stock instead of buying from Mandarake for example? I see they have a few still available.. 

That was still my order from the last reissue. The one with the wrong shoulder armor tampo. I just left it there just in case it pops up. I'm not in the market for one right now. But I'll gladly get if the HLJ order went thru since it will be new, fixed tampo print, and MSRP price.

3 hours ago, Duymon said:

but Mandarake's may not be brand new and not as cheap as the HLJ price for sure

True. And you don't know which version you're getting too. 

• 3 months later...

The Gerwalk support is a little thicker on reissues making it work a little better.

Edit: that was a reissue vs original comment. I don't know of any changes once the reissues started happening other than the upside down SMS on the shoulders. 

Edited by jenius

15 hours ago, jenius said:

The Gerwalk support is a little thicker on reissues making it work a little better.

Edit: that was a reissue vs original comment. I don't know of any changes once the reissues started happening other than the upside down SMS on the shoulders. 

Thanks for the reply. If I am not mistaken, the 1st reissue has the 30th anniversary sticker on the box while the original does not right?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 11:33 PM, CharlesXavier said:

Thanks for the reply. If I am not mistaken, the 1st reissue has the 30th anniversary sticker on the box while the original does not right?

I'd like to know the answer as well. Also does the 2nd Reissue have anything different on the box?

11 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'd like to know the answer as well. Also does the 2nd Reissue have anything different on the box?

Based on what I've seen over Mandarake, the 2nd reissue just doesn't have the 30th Anniversary logo.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on what I've seen over Mandarake, the 2nd reissue just doesn't have the 30th Anniversary logo.

Damn i need to get another one without the upside down sms. I guess i have to look for the one with the sticker.

I wish I did too. Google translate does an OK job of it

Listing title:

DX super alloy YF - 29 Durandal Valkyrie alto machine modified parts replacement part

Description:

Thank you for seeing.
Bandai made   DX super alloy YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie Alto Type shoulder of modification is an unopened new parts.

April 23, 2016 It is a shoulder part for correction 
of trouble of resale quantity (the direction of English letters on the left shoulder part (front side) is reversed) . (Application for parts exchange is completed in July 2016 is a .) 

In the only parts the body is not included. 

Where did you guys buy yours from? There were ways to get the corrected parts from the shops that sold them. Even if I don't apply the fix I still get the parts when they are offered. Like I still have a set of VF-19Kai wings due to the fact that Yamato swapped the Red/Blue light that are on the wing tips.

Just now, Loop said:

Where did you guys buy yours from? There were ways to get the corrected parts from the shops that sold them. Even if I don't apply the fix I still get the parts when they are offered. Like I still have a set of VF-19Kai wings due to the fact that Yamato swapped the Red/Blue light that are on the wing tips.

N-Y is where i got mine. They didn't offer the replacement part. Even offered to pay for it. NO-go. I even emailed other shops that were offering the part to people who bought from them. No-go there as well.