Robot Wars: USA vs Japan

I don't think so. I am also rooting for JP, I think they should be able to come up with some cool wild design I would hope. I like the melee angle too, paint balls just don't cut it in my book. I want to see carnage lol.

I'm not even sure team JP is going to use the Kuratas for this. The Kuratas seems like more of a technical/consumer type, I have a feeling they would use another design. In that second video they showed stuff I didn't even know that guy had made beside the Kuratas.

Yeah, Japan all the way. That American mech is just embarrassing.

If this were an anime the Megabot would be the equivilent of the plucky scratch built small time mom & pop amatuers facing the big soulless, more advanced, and professional company. :p

I wonder if the Megabot guys going to take this as seriously as Suidobashi undoubtedly will. It seems like this is more of a publicity stunt to make the Megabots famous, but Suidobashi is going to see this as a tech demo to show everyone what their Kuratas can really do. It reminds me of the clusterfrak that was the Antonio Inoki vs Muhammad Ali exhibition fight. Inoki thought it was for real, and Ali thought it would be fake.

Edited by renegadeleader1

They're both wheeled vehicles. Remember seeing the Guntank and laughing? Yeah, this is two Guntanks going at it like they're hot stuff.

Also, I like the US Guntank better, though I think they both look pretty rad.

Interesting. Not sure if it'll be much to look at, given the primitive nature of the robots. No matter who wins, we lose, kinda thing, lol! But it's at least worth giving it a chance.

If MegaBot doesn't boot up with "Reactor: Online. Sensors: Online. Weapons: Online. All Systems Nominal" I'm going to be a very disappointed Mechwarrior.

I still love the Mechwarrior II startup sequence, The one that tells you the planet, temp and all that; "Satellite: Karika, Ambient Temperature: 45.44 degrees, Local Time is 13:35:28 GST, All Systems Nominal" :)

Interesting. Not sure if it'll be much to look at, given the primitive nature of the robots. No matter who wins, we lose, kinda thing, lol! But it's at least worth giving it a chance.

I still love the Mechwarrior II startup sequence, The one that tells you the planet, temp and all that; "Satellite: Karika, Ambient Temperature: 45.44 degrees, Local Time is 13:35:28 GST, All Systems Nominal" :)

Not time, but, I always like Metal Warriors deploy sequence:

Primary Systems engaged. All Secundaries are Green. Ready for launch.

• 1 month later...

If completed, it's gonna have bald eagles wearing aviator sunglasses with guns coming out of their mouths for shoulders. Your argument is invalid!

Okay, I do grant it will be the awesomest chainsaw-wielding guntank ever built IRL.

Who cares that they don't have proper legs yet. It's only a matter of time. The American bot, looks like something out of BattleTech, while the Japanese bot, looks like something out of Ghost in the Shell.

I don't care who wins the challenge, because we all win. We're on the way to seeing giant mechs in our lives.

For the record, I think the Japanese Mech will win, because it's had more development time.