Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

@wmkjr

thanks for the added pic, it shows a lot of detail now.

so after two VF-1 and one VF-0 release, they still have not found a way to lock this shoulder piece to the body.

vf-0shoulder_zpsab99494f.png

I don't want it locked. You get more poseability like it is now.

I agree with Mommar. There's however something much more interesting on that photo: That triangular piece that covers the back of the knee joint in fighter mode as it can be seen here:

post-12283-0-96152000-1423764478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

Arcadia trying to misdirect us with these displays :p . First the little winglet near the intakes, now the triangle cover. The VF-0S batt has them but the VF-0A batt doesn't. Hmm...

edit: I guess don't look at my valks thoroughly enough. It completely covers that area.

Edited by wmkjr

I never liked the ghosts parts. I thought it was the goofiest Macross upgrade ever - besides the fold booster fleshlight, or maybe the tornado parts.

To me it's all like, "Hey we heard you like planes on your planes so we put this plane on there."

For me I would have like a more tubular homage to the shuttle boosters from Nasa, but on top.

Why would you make a drone looking ship a booster?

there is something similar in the real world, although it didn't act as a booster. ¯\_ :huh: _/¯

LockheedM21-D21.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

just to confirms:

Mr. K responds to someone asking about ghost, fast packs, reactive armor,

• will not come with ghost
  • he's considering about the armor
  • it will come with fastpacks!

"Renewal" YF-21, and an X-9 would be awesome. VF-11 is pretty amazing as is. The only real issue there is the finicky heatshield. Macross Plus would be taken care of, than. Until version 3 of everything....

"Renewal" YF-21, and an X-9 would be awesome. VF-11 is pretty amazing as is. The only real issue there is the finicky heatshield. Macross Plus would be taken care of, than. Until version 3 of everything....

I disagree. With what Arcadia knows now there could be huge improvements in design on the 11. Articulation would be better, fit would be better. Proportions would be better. Then they'd frakk up the ankles...

just to confirms:

Mr. K responds to someone asking about ghost, fast packs, reactive armor,

• will not come with ghost
  • he's considering about the armor
  • it will come with fastpacks!

Do it Mr. K! Bring on the reactive armor set!

vf-0s-reactivearmor.gif

Edited by brouken

Those are screw hole area minus covers. Wouldn't make any sense to have a triangle that hides the rear knee joint in fighter but have three big holes on each leg for all to see. I hope they can release the armor set in the near future.

Edited by wmkjr

I doubt they will do a standalone right away, kind of like the GBP. The mold is done so why not attach one and make more money?

Given the cost of the 0D, the 0S can't be far behind. A GBP on a VF-1 is only $170. But on a 0S that would probably top $400 bundled together.

It's either backwards compatable or there's an Arcadia version ghost in the future. If not, what reason would they have to display it with those slotted tanks anyways since they only came in the ghost bundles or standalone sets?

Anyhow more pics via B_A_T on flickr:

attachicon.gif16494669795_8360fa5783_k.jpg attachicon.gif16307223690_84f2431d7e_k.jpgattachicon.gif15872118774_b722969b1e_k.jpg attachicon.gif16307223820_62d5ef8685_k.jpgattachicon.gif16468666816_45608e87f7_k.jpg attachicon.gif15872118584_320a3b9458_k.jpg

Wow, the sculpt in general and those proportions look so much better than the Yamato version. Why is there that little winglet on the 0S intake? The 0S doesn't have that in the line art or in MZero.

i think a bundle would not make sense. being how expensive the vf-0s already will be (assumign its like the 0d)...i can't see a bundle package..at least not right away. i'd be pissed if i spent almost 300 on a valk...then have teh bundle package available for $400 with no option to buy it "a la carte".

From Arcadia's VF-0D production diary

According to the text, it appears the old Yamato Ghost Booster will be compatible with the upcoming VF-0S/A.

Also from the production diary, VF-0A Shin Kudo Type is planned for a summer release.

夏ごろ予定で「1/60 VF-0A 工藤シン搭乗機」。

PskbNBy.jpg

Edited by IXTL

How many people still have their ghosts, after getting rid of their armless VF-0's?

It's one thing for their -19 to not have its own fold booster, but the ghost is pretty essential to the VF-0. They better be making their own, and not solely rely on decade-old accessories...

(that said, I really want a ghost that's compatible with the 0C/0D---because it'd be awesome)

VF-OA planned for a summer release?

...that would put it straight after the VF-1J GBP!! ...damn I may have to choose between the 2, ..something I don,t wanna do.

....I've also noticed that the fighter mode pics of the OA has that small fin next to the air intakes, but doesn't have it in battroid...I guess the legs of the OD were used on the OA fighter for display?

...the OS has those small fins aswell?..Are the OS/OA mean't to have fins next to air intakes?

Edited by troyness

Yeah! This is great news indeed! Thanks IXTL! Now I don't regret getting a standalone Ghost for my Yamato 0S last year! :-D

From Arcadia's VF-0D production diary

According to the text, it appears the old Yamato Ghost Booster will be compatible with the upcoming VF-0S/A.