Hi-Metal R

joppewo

This is probably a hand painted, possibly resin prototype, don't draw too many conclusions.

LOL, you have seen the VF-2SS thread right?

I'll admit that does look a lot cooler in Battroid than it does in fighter but im still not gonna get any.. -_-

Might be just the pose, but I think this 1/100 VF-1 can achieve more dynamic expressions in Battroid mode than the 1/60 version.

But to be honest it still has the same toy design errors like the Yamato one with all the big gaps on the side and behind the head.

I still wait for the day we get a truly next gen VF-1 toy, that doesn't require a t-bar of some sort.

wtf!?!? just curious.. what was the other product?

Lightning effect parts. I ordered it for my darth vader and maul. But it was duplicated into the order for the valk. I didnt order duplicates.

The lightning effect parts work with the godzilla moster arts or figma or sic too

It seems it took the prior cart contents, even though the order was completed, and the valk was on a separate order. I saw the valk after the order for the lightning parts.

I bought the explosion parts before, and it looks great even with valks.

Since in the macross world theres all those missiles

I'm actually wondering if these will have an even more gruesome preorder than the DX line. They are cheaper and smaller making them easier to display and more playable. Not only that there are enemy units available.

Hopefully I will be able to catch up and secure one of the VF-1J with GPB and get the future releases as well.

I'm actually wondering if these will have an even more gruesome preorder than the DX line. They are cheaper and smaller making them easier to display and more playable. Not only that there are enemy units available.

Hopefully I will be able to catch up and secure one of the VF-1J with GPB and get the future releases as well.

Cheaper price means more people can scalp the supplies. I am not around during the pre-order time but from the story, the PO time looks better than DX-line

Those who missed the preorder might have another chance on the 7th (Japan time) with Anime Export. They seem to have gone on vacation earlier than the other shops and are holding out on Bandai preorders for September releases.

Cheaper price means more people can scalp the supplies. I am not around during the pre-order time but from the story, the PO time looks better than DX-line

This is purely conjecture on my part, but since they are also much smaller, and probably cheaper to produce than the DX Chogokin, that means they can probably afford the risk of making more (at least more than DX Chogokins, which reflects why they stayed available for as long as they did), as well as seeing this stay on shelves longer than their larger DX Chogokin counterpart, since they take up less space.

Also, if the previous Hi-Metal line didn't do as well (I wouldn't know), scalpers are probably playing it safe to see how well this line sells before attempting to scalp. Besides, for something this small, yet costing almost the same price as a Yamato VF-1 (albeit without armor parts), it's probably too risky to even try to scalp this line for now.

We'll probably know how popular this line really is once the Roy Fokker ones come around.

Also, my money is on enemy units being web exclusives.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I would love if the Monster, detroids and the enemy units were all web exclusives.

i like monster too.

I sure hope that's the case.

i hope they are all web exclusives so we could actually order them easily. lol

yup its been posted. i wish somoene would do a background like that (deep space with explosions etc) in the format of toystages/toyhax.com. aka for detolf shelves.

i wish somoene would do a background like that (deep space with explosions etc) in the format of toystages/toyhax.com. aka for detolf shelves.

You can just find yourself a hi-res space background or whatever it is you need and have it printed at kinkos or someplace that can do it on quality printers....have it printed on large poster boards and then cut out the sections based on the sizes you need....

I did something similar using 8.5 x 11 plain paper via a color laser printer....but it would probably look better with quality paper on high-end color printers.....

gallery_12176_633_540404.jpg

I just noticed that they've put a 'UN Spacy' tampo on the lower legs. That's awesome to see, not even the VF-1S had that; it's such a small thing but it really adds a lot to the valk imo. I decided to pass on the GBP, but when/if they re-release the VF-1S I'll definitely buy another if it has the additional tampo detail.

I was comparing old himetal with the photo. The heat shield still looks like parts forming. The hinges on the front thighs is white on mine, but metallic in the photo. Otherwise, it looks the same mold.

I like the shoulder transformation in the hi metal, its easier than the yamatos, and isnt as prone to breakage as they are on rails, not swivels, and the can pop off like transformers and put back on.

Although its supposed to be 1/100 scale, the pilot is tiny compared with my mastergrade pilots from bandai gundams. Weird cuz theyre from the same company.

The valk has pegs, so it diesnt feel loose in fighter mode, but it has loose wings. They are emovable to swap out wings with hard points, but the wings dont rachet, and are loose in battroid mode. Fun little size, doesnt seem fragile. Similar height to my classics seekers. Bit bigger than revoltech, out of scalewith the regult revoltech. But from the photos, the himetal regult is not much bigger.

Landing gear is parts forming too.

For those who already own a hi metal, this is old news, just for those who dont.

I missed most of the the destroids so this line im likely to buy.