Hi-Metal R

joppewo

for some weird reason, last night when I saw an order stop in HLJ, my PC at home views it as available (but when you do search, it's status is order stop) so I pre-ordered twice and I got email but it is not showing up in my account. Now checking my account after 12hrs, I have two PO for GBP VF-1J :o

Logged in and it still showed as 'order stop' on the search results page, but the actual item page let me order. Just waiting on confirmation email and then we'll see in September if it's real stock or just a glitch in their system.

the Hi-Metal R line seems to be getting much attention now.....guess that is what happens when scheduled "sell-out" strategies are employed.... :rolleyes:

How many times has this GBP-1J appeared to have "sold out" everywhere...only to become "available" the next day?

Perhaps Bandai is employing a new sales strategy for a line that many may not have considered this time around due to past experiences with it.....basically, to make you think if you do not get it now...you may lose out later....enticing you with a "second", "third", "fourth" chance to buy it before it's too late!!! ;)

Anyway, I do hope they eventually come out with everything they have teased us with....I am really liking this line for it's "completeness" in one single scale...the fact that it is all SDFM mecha also helps! ^_^

for some weird reason, last night when I saw an order stop in HLJ, my PC at home views it as available (but when you do search, it's status is order stop) so I pre-ordered twice and I got email but it is not showing up in my account. Now checking my account after 12hrs, I have two PO for GBP VF-1J :o

I think they had a limit 1 per cust when i ordered, but it was on the first night. I know ny limited to two, and amiami im not sure cuz it was closed so quick

AmiAmi had a limit of 3 per household.

^ I saw that as well. I was tempted to grab more then one, but than I remembered this was an Arcadia and shouldn't be hard to get at time of release.

^ I saw that as well. I was tempted to grab more then one, but than I remembered this was an Arcadia and shouldn't be hard to get at time of release.

I think you have this confused with Arcadia's Armored VF-1J :p

Many thanks for the tip about HLJ. I logged in and kept refreshing the page. I literally kept refreshing the page all afternoon but finally around 8:30 pm I was able to place a pre order for one of the Armored VF-1J.

Just for anyone that's interested and missed the pre order, this trick works for the SoC Gunbuster recolor on HLJ as well. Hope that makes some people who thought they missed out happy

Just curious, who has the lowest price? amiami 8140 jpy

Doesn't matter right now.

It's sold-out/closed almost everywhere.

Wait on release-date and maybe some legit online-shops will have some rare stocks/availability.

Expect higher pricing if you do find it, tho.

aaand. it's gone again.

This wasn't using the "trick", I was actually just searching by hi-metal and it popped up as add to cart O_o

Get the feeling there will be many unfulfilled orders if people keep making bogus orders :p

Bad guy toys usually sell terrible, that's why companies usually don't make them.

Well I have a dream solution for Bandai enemy mechs.

They should release 1/100 Hi Metal-R as sets:

3 Pc Set Destroids

2 Pc Set Max and Miriya Super Valks

2 Pc Set Max and Miriya Queadluun

Hope you're listening Bandai.

3 Pc Set Destroids

Only one of these things mentioned is actually an enemy mech.

3 Pc Set Destroids

wait...this is sdfm max never had a Queadluun in that...only dyrl ....if i'm recalling correctly. We need a TV Q, not the dyrl one! the frontier robot spirits q-rau is close enough for the dyrl one. :-P

Edited by Mechapilot77

Since this line isn't too concerned about canon anything....I'd hope for the off-white of the VF-1S....the bright white plastic has a tendency to yellow on the first hi-metal VF-1J release...let's face it...bright white is the worst plastic color to use for any toy that you hope to preserve for years to come.....

The bright white colors should only be used when deliberately going for "anime" accurate.....like Yamato did for the SDFM line and Arcadia did for the "DYRL" movie editions.....but don't expect them to look the same in the not so distant future....