Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

I got the same email, and I am angry since I already paid upfront. I was all set to get it <$200 shipped, and now they do this. It really makes me not want to do business with them if they can't honor a PAID IN FULL order. I wonder if there is any way I can get some kind of leverage for compensation here...

Got the same email too. I paid as soon as got the payment request email from them about 2 weeks ago. I used SAL this time instead of FedEx to offset the higher price. What about you guys? If you want to cancel, all you would need is to send them a message in your order. Looks like they're giving us the option this time around.

The email does say that they will be able to obtain the item but there will be a delay. Hmmm...maybe we can ask for upgraded shipping.

Got the same delay e-mail for the YF-29 from NY.

Shipping method I have was registered SAL. Don't think there'll be a problem with NY sourcing their supply, but it's rather irksome those of us who had already paid are getting shafted with this delay.

I kinda dont buy their story about the customer cancellations, i mean if you order 100 units from a supplier what does customer cancellations have to do with that?? The distributor is not keeping tabs on whether your customer cancels or not. I think they just got shorthanded from their local stores and are putting the blame on cancellation of pre-orders.

EMS for me.

I send them an email asking if they know for certain that they will be able to fulfill my order. Depending on their answer I will keep it or not. If not hopefully they allow the cancellation of the YF-29 Ozma Custom Super Parts as well.

NY sent notice that there'll be a delay in shipping (see previous post). Supplier (Bandai?) canceled their order due to too many customer preorder cancels. I wouldn't mind if NY would move to a payment required at time of preorder policy in order to stop people from getting preorders that they intend to drop if they find it cheaper.

Well if they weren't blatantly scalping, people wouldn't cancel orders all the time. but if they want to move to pay up front bullshit I'd be happy to never do business with them again.

Anyways, I got mine, quickly, from HLJ, because they don't suck as a retailer. It's really just so beautiful in person. I don't care at all about any of the paint stuff or the blue canopy now that I have it in hand, it's perfect looking. The only thing that I'm not liking about this is that the neck has the annoying tilting neck plate thing going on that my VF-25F had. I know how to fix it, but I'm feeling way to lazy to actually take the thing apart and do the mod right now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I kinda dont buy their story about the customer cancellations, i mean if you order 100 units from a supplier what does customer cancellations have to do with that?? The distributor is not keeping tabs on whether your customer cancels or not. I think they just got shorthanded from their local stores and are putting the blame on cancellation of pre-orders.

+1000

first, they don't let you cancel anymore. the policy change has been in place for like over 2 months. so no one can cancel without being banned. if you got lucky and they allowed an exception that was like what? two people here?

second, blaming people for cancelling as a reason for their suppliers not giving them enough stock does not make sense. those blaming macross world members for NY cancelling.... lol

third, NY never honors the order of paid orders nor those who pre ordered first. such disorganized methods causes anger.

i never pre-order from NY bc i don't live in Canada or other places in the world where i need to worry about marking down to avoid custom fees and import tax. NY is a good spot to get stuff esp super parts but that's childish to blame cancelled pre-orders as the reason. How about blame taking people's money with markups before knowing you can fulfill them and it backfired?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The light grey on the LERX is over black, but the black is over dark grey. If you go down deep enough you can expose "matching" grey plastic there. Already been done by one member at TFW, I'll try to do mine tonight or tomorrow.

So Bandai really did a bone-headed move----all they had to do was NOT PAINT that area at all and it'd have matched perfectly----as well as matching the game and the early sample pics of the toy.

@KH355hamdi, first congrats on your acquisition. Second, nice way to rub i in to those got shafted by NY

For whats it worth, I have a contact in Japan who informed me that YF29 Ozma is short stocked. I was told that example, if they place an order of 100pcs, they only get like half of it.

I do not know whether is true or not, maybe our resident MWF members like Tochiro can verify on site.

Sucks to Hear what NY did. Hopefully this doesnt occur when the YF30 Comes our way.

As for my YF29, Its currently stuck in customs hell. Either Someone from Harmony Gold was tipped off, or some customs agent is pondering whether he should take it for himself and report it as missing.

Mine is still sitting in LA..... I don't think it even hit customs yet, it just says "Processed through sort facility"

BigInJapan has it for a mere $270. Makes the 'holding pattern' price I paid at NY look like a deal.

That's an over $100 markup :(

Edited by Loop

Duymon----rubbing alcohol alone? Did you mask off the black? Did you take anything apart?

Took the front fins off, masked the black and the dark grey on the sides of the cockpit (to protect teh tampo) before stealing some of my GF's cotton pads and whipping out the rubbing alcohol. NO sanding required, just rub....a lot...lol

Edited by Duymon