Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

The intakes and fan blades of the YF-21/VF-22 look good too. It's the only valk that I take the intake covers off when in fighter mode.

All the other valks stay with the covers on. So it's no big deal for me.

Except they managed a similar effect on the YF-19 this time around.

^^ That statement makes no sense at all. The VF-0 is a huge fighter, so it is near the size of a 1/48 VF-1. When put next to a 1/60 VF-1 it will scale properly but look big. Heck even a VF/YF-19 makes the VF-1 look tiny. Maybe it's just me, but I like my Macross toys to scale with each other.

Then there is really no use for the 1/48 scale since people can just buy the VF-0's (when Arcadia reintroduces the improved ones in the future) if they want bigger valks.

Yes, in the other thread (about why no more 1/48), that is exactly the point that has been brought up by several of us. 1/48 is great for the VF-1, but leads to bigger toys than most would want (or could afford) if applied to the other VFs.

(And of course, everything being in scale with one another is the way to go, really.)

Edited by Cdr Fokker

I'm pretty sure the intakes weren't that deep to being with.. but lets not argue about things that are few and far in between.

Lets just hope it stays together in one piece so Arcadia can make this for it..

vf-0s-reactivearmor.gif

It'd be really cool if they can manage to make a renewal 0S and bundle it with this armor. We can only wish...

Not a fan at all of the Reactive Armor, and no disrespect intended towards those that do but if Arcadia tries to bundle that thing with the VF-0S then there damn well better be a stand-alone VF-0S release.

Now I know I've been on the forums for a long time, I'm at the point where I can recognize recycled discussions/arguments - this regarding the scale of items and how large the VF-0 series is comparative to the VF-1. B))

Arcadia, we need more progress pics of the VF-0D please.

-b.

Yes, in the other thread (about why no more 1/48), that is exactly the point that has been brought up by several of us. 1/48 is great for the VF-1, but leads to bigger toys than most would want (or could afford) if applied to the other VFs.

(And of course, everything being in scale with one another is the way to go, really.)

1/60 is simply the perfect scale for all of the different types of valks... from the small VF-1 to to the large YF-30.

Yeah---I've been UN-panel-lining my -19, as the lines are just too shallow-----thin crisp lines look nice when inked, "blurry-shallow" ones just look like a mess. And I'm not going to rescribe the whole thing to make the ink settle properly. It's just going to be pretty much "out of the box" and bland-looking, due to the how non-existent the panel lines are.

I find that using a very sharp mechanical pencil (H2 or H4 hardness) with a ruler works really well in the really shallow panel lines, you can use your fingers to smudge some out if it got too dark. You'd need to clear-coat it to make it more permanent though.

I find that using a very sharp mechanical pencil (H2 or H4 hardness) with a ruler works really well in the really shallow panel lines, you can use your fingers to smudge some out if it got too dark. You'd need to clear-coat it to make it more permanent though.

This!! only thing that worked for the VF-4G, and will work with the YF-19

Ooh, that looks good. Hope it doesn't have the droopy neck that plagued the first generation VF-0s. At least I can have another Valk that looks decent sitting on its landing gears (unlike all the new Frontier planes that looks like the landing gears are just an after-thought).

Ooh, that looks good. Hope it doesn't have the droopy neck that plagued the first generation VF-0s. At least I can have another Valk that looks decent sitting on its landing gears (unlike all the new Frontier planes that looks like the landing gears are just an after-thought).

Unless there's a spectacular eff up I highly doubt there will be a droopy neck this time. At the very least Arcadia have figure out how to fix that kind of mess by now.

Most of the droopy neck problem was caused by warped metal plates in the nose interior structure, but a decent portion also had to do with the lously plastic that got used, and sloppy molding. I posted a fix for the metal piece a while back, so that's not even a huge deal if they keep the same structure, but tightening up the molds to hold together better would make a world of difference.

Most of the droopy neck problem was caused by warped metal plates in the nose interior structure, but a decent portion also had to do with the lously plastic that got used, and sloppy molding. I posted a fix for the metal piece a while back, so that's not even a huge deal if they keep the same structure, but tightening up the molds to hold together better would make a world of difference.

My two VF-0's necks are fairly ok since I followed your recommendations.