Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I actually think that's really good lighting----based on the background etc, that looks like a standard Yamarcadia "grey background drape" photo-shoot. And they just intentionally blurred it out. (or altered depth of field etc so it was inherently blurry)

My vote is that this is from a dedicated photo-shoot, and not some quick "iphone at a desk" pic. At least a semi-official teaser, with a modicum of effort put into taking a decent photo.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Gah, that color is wrong in every possible way---hue, saturation, and value! Yeesh.

If the final is anywhere near that, I WILL not buy it solely for that.

That's more like periwinkle than anything else.

shade sorta looks like the hair of your avatar, Grace's hair.

I like the color too. I haven't seen enough of these to be able to guess at the background. I thought it was a table cloth or something similar with texture. And my eyes could be deceiving me, but I do think there is something odd with the lighting in this teaser from Mr. K. There seems to be some serious glare around the cockpit. Is it flash or photoshop? I don't know, but my first impression was of the 1/72 Hasegawa kit:

ha_vf0d_delta_wing_1.jpg

I absolutely do not see that color in this photo at all.

Let me ask you this---are you the type of person that can see the blue, in red? Specifically, the blue in "Milia red"? The 1/48 Milia is a very blueish red, as reds go. It's what separates "Milia red" from say "Alto/Hikaru red".

Let me ask you this---are you the type of person that can see the blue, in red? Specifically, the blue in "Milia red"? The 1/48 Milia is a very blueish red, as reds go. It's what separates "Milia red" from say "Alto/Hikaru red".

I've never owned a 1/48 nor have I seen a Milia 1/48 in person so I couldn't comment on the color. Various pictures/videos make it look like lots of different colors online.

color is light...

wonder if this is going to be an easy paint scratch valk...

Shut up and cancel your pre-order!

im not buying a blurred toy.

^^^HA HA HA HA HA!!! But I'd totally buy a blurred toy, that thing would be awesome to display and even awesome-r to try and photography clearly.

I personally think that blue looks great.

Me. Too.

But then again, I guess we must have something to pick a nit over, if it's not color it's price, if it's not price is packaging, if it's not packaging it's why it wasn't released on someone's birthday. :p

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

before i was in the don't complain and wait till the final product camp. then received a 19 that' paint scratches and get loose in the ankles. so i'm like to all who complain early. have at it. don't care. it's a 300+ toy i want perfection. lol

well, i guess it would be more productive if we can take it to Mr. K's twitter. lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

before i was in the don't complain and wait till the final product camp. then received a 19 that' paint scratches and get loose in the ankles. so i'm like to all who complain early. have at it. don't care. it's a 300+ toy i want perfection. lol

well, i guess it would be more productive if we can take it to Mr. K's twitter. lol

Eureka!

:p

And for all of the dust that gets kicked up before a release, what percentage of stuff actually is an issue in final production? Probably very small if one were to actually count up ALL the nits that were picked across various manufacturers and releases.

Re: the YF-19, nobody complained about broken wings and the difficulty some had with getting the cockpit to align perfectly or the pain-in-the-ass fast packs, but there they were.

If folks want to argue the color, or hue, of blue from a blurry picture on Twitter 6 to 7 months before release they have as much right as I do to complain about their complaining. :blink:

And hate to break it to you fellas, nothing is or ever will be perfect. The cost of doing business I suppose...

-b.

Well, I just hope they tampo more stuff on than the YF-19 - that was just too minimalist for the price of that toy. I guess I get spoiled by all the tampo Bandai puts on their stuff!

Looks good to me. But most prolly wont be getting it...

well....

at least not until people have posted their reviews online.

Huge holes on my pocket after acquiring 2 x YF-19...but hey! Just remembered this is coming in 2015...so yay! Here's to $2/day piggy bank.

If no one says anything until after release, there's zero chance of fixing it. Mentioning things now means corrective action can be taken.

Fixing things afterwards is expensive----doing it right in the first place is a lot easier.