Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! I've wanted an accurate version of Luke's green lightsaber for a long time and finally got one. It's much better than the officially licensed one from Disney, which involves swapping out the skinny "neck" with a fatter one to support the blade. 

Parts swapping is lame! 😄

Yeah, it looks awesome... but the important part is, (much like our valks in fighter mode) how does it swoosh?

AWACS!

IMG_20230614_1025322.jpg.c1f0077eb7159b6b0fb3fdbeb0fd308f.jpg

Just picked it up from the post office.

I just fell in love with this line.

It is like something you can feel very comfortable playing without the fear of dropping it to the ground by accident and losing a good amount of money.

10 hours ago, Froy said:

AWACS!

IMG_20230614_1025322.jpg.c1f0077eb7159b6b0fb3fdbeb0fd308f.jpg

Just picked it up from the post office.

I just fell in love with this line.

It is like something you can feel very comfortable playing without the fear of dropping it to the ground by accident and losing a good amount of money.

It is the perfect line for cost, accuracy, durability & playability. :good:
Seeing this VE-1 reminds me of the excitement when it was announced & released. This was before Arcadia reissued it in 1/60 PF, and the VE-1 was always a bit of a small grail then. 

43 minutes ago, MKT said:

It is the perfect line for cost, accuracy, durability & playability. :good:
Seeing this VE-1 reminds me of the excitement when it was announced & released. This was before Arcadia reissued it in 1/60 PF, and the VE-1 was always a bit of a small grail then. 

I think it's a good balance yeah, I'd still like them a bit cheaper, but I can vouch for their durability quite firmly, and they're the perfect size to display on my desk at work.

I had a pair of HMRs posed on my desk during the 2019 earthquake.  They toppled onto the floor, parts flying everywhere... but nothing broke.  They popped right back together, good as new.

One of my DX VF-1Js took it even harder.. took a 5 foot header off a bookcase in gerwalk mode, and fortunately landed in a pile of cardboard boxes and packing materials.  Hands and gun popped off, a few parts here and there, and it's still in one piece, but it definitely fouled up one of the hip joints on impact, so that leg isn't much good for posing anymore.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 6/14/2023 at 9:28 AM, Pontus said:

Yeah, it looks awesome... but the important part is, (much like our valks in fighter mode) how does it swoosh?

Quite well!

Review of one that's nearly identical to the one I got. Skip to 12 minutes to see it whooshing around. :good:

Wife found this on an end cap display over the weekend at Tuesday Morning in Arlington ....$9.99!!!  She said they had a bunch more for that price but she didn't know who I had or didn't other than 3PO. I'm going back today! Good wife! 

20230619_093344.jpg

On 6/15/2023 at 5:42 PM, Lolicon said:

Quite well!

Review of one that's nearly identical to the one I got. Skip to 12 minutes to see it whooshing around. :good:

Now turn off the volume on the above video and turn up this one while he is swooshing around the lightsaber! :lol:

On 6/12/2023 at 6:51 PM, Slave IV said:

235924EE-D44C-4944-A6ED-AE32414635FA.jpeg.e69a6764d20a3b9047433ff98dcc2a15.jpeg

Got some more skateboards! The original X-2 Lucero (same graphics as the one on the left) was one of my favorite decks from back in the day. Really happy to have these and they might be the first (hopefully only) skateboards I ever bought just to collect and look at. I might still end up setting up the X2 just to try it out but will see how that goes.

Good luck with that lol.  That's the biggest lie every collector tells themselves.  It usually starts out with, "hopefully, I'll..." or "I'm sure it's just..."  and then you're in neck deep.

Hopefully that conversation we had didn't start you down this road.  I actually thought about it too, but too difficult to find originals and didn't want remakes.

4 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

Good luck with that lol.  That's the biggest lie every collector tells themselves.  It usually starts out with, "hopefully, I'll..." or "I'm sure it's just..."  and then you're in neck deep.

Hopefully that conversation we had didn't start you down this road.  I actually thought about it too, but too difficult to find originals and didn't want remakes.

Lol, tell me about it. I was just looking at some original decks earlier today just to see and no way I’m going down that road, lol! This was another of my favorites and it’s not even a “real” original but I think it was a “FU” run made right after the original got C&D orders for obvious reasons. https://www.ebay.com/itm/166176835482?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=B7QGLl3XQM-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bxjG5I2cRPu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Plus, I was talking to a friend of mine who said he didn’t want to be that guy with a bunch of skateboards that he doesn’t skate and my wife assuming I bought those last two to actually skate and that brought me back to my senses a bit. I really never collected skateboards and don’t really have much desire to. I’d much rather skate them and collect the remains of the used decks I have, which is already plenty. 

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I finally own one of these, after many years with my old V.1 this V.2 VT-1 is simply amazing. The look, the feel & that beautiful tinted canopy... :wub:

IMG_2166.JPG

I still don't want to give up hope on Arcadia someday putting out a PF version of that one, but I'd also settle for a DX version ^_^   It's always baffled me a little about how much of a shelfwarmer the VT-1 tends to be, considering how much screentime it gets in DYRL, and how many iconic scenes it was the centerpiece for.

10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I still don't want to give up hope on Arcadia someday putting out a PF version of that one, but I'd also settle for a DX version ^_^   It's always baffled me a little about how much of a shelfwarmer the VT-1 tends to be, considering how much screentime it gets in DYRL, and how many iconic scenes it was the centerpiece for.

frankly i'm still holding out for an arcadia release myself...PF or not.  I have several of the DX valks and they are awesome but in some ways i still like the yamato/arcadia ones better.  the presentation is lighter touch, more refined.  Bandai seems to love things like oversized lettering on their tampos and just invents tampos on certain decos (angel birds anyone?).  also i'll never rebuy the same volume of valks as i did during yamato 2.0-2.2/arcadia days so each valk adds value to the other ones, you know?.  the super ostrich may the the last version i never got that i still want...granted sometimes angel birds is appealing to but i don't "need" it the way  i need the super ostrich.

On 6/28/2023 at 2:05 AM, Slave IV said:

Lol, tell me about it. I was just looking at some original decks earlier today just to see and no way I’m going down that road, lol! This was another of my favorites and it’s not even a “real” original but I think it was a “FU” run made right after the original got C&D orders for obvious reasons. https://www.ebay.com/itm/166176835482?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=B7QGLl3XQM-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bxjG5I2cRPu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Plus, I was talking to a friend of mine who said he didn’t want to be that guy with a bunch of skateboards that he doesn’t skate and my wife assuming I bought those last two to actually skate and that brought me back to my senses a bit. I really never collected skateboards and don’t really have much desire to. I’d much rather skate them and collect the remains of the used decks I have, which is already plenty. 

lol you're already doing the research.  Told ya.  It's only a matter of time.

I thought they would be worth something like that.  I don't think I would go down that road either, but it would be nice to own one or two vintage ones.  Of course, the one's I'm thinking are probably priceless at this point.  Couldn't get them then and can't get them now.  Some things never change, only the price.  Plus, I don't have the reservations you do.  I never considered myself a serious skater.  I had friends who were, but I never was.  So collecting one is all good for me.  

30 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

lol you're already doing the research.  Told ya.  It's only a matter of time.

I thought they would be worth something like that.  I don't think I would go down that road either, but it would be nice to own one or two vintage ones.  Of course, the one's I'm thinking are probably priceless at this point.  Couldn't get them then and can't get them now.  Some things never change, only the price.  Plus, I don't have the reservations you do.  I never considered myself a serious skater.  I had friends who were, but I never was.  So collecting one is all good for me.  

If you’re really interested and just want to collect one special one, I’d say go for it. To put it into perspective that we can all relate to, I like to price things in Valk. That one I was looking at is only one or two Valks worth, which is nothing in the Macross collection world since I can and often do easily get two or three of the exact same Valks for no reason other than just “because” without blinking. 

41 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

If you’re really interested and just want to collect one special one, I’d say go for it. To put it into perspective that we can all relate to, I like to price things in Valk. That one I was looking at is only one or two Valks worth, which is nothing in the Macross collection world since I can and often do easily get two or three of the exact same Valks for no reason other than just “because” without blinking. 

lol talking like a collector again.  Nothing but excuses.  That dirty collector math always helps too.  "I always price things in Valk."  LMAO

For me the issue is not so much how much money to spend.  I have a set budget that I never break.  But where to spend it.  Of course in the grand scheme of today's crazy prices those decks are not all that pricey.  Reasonably priced in today's market.  The question for me is am I going to go down yet another branch of the collecting tree that sees me getting all tangled up in a thorny thicket I can't extricate myself out of?  If I had the discipline to stay at one or two, I would.  But collectors are like tragic figures.  The very thing that drives me to collect and amass great collections is our undoing in the end.  I just won't stop.  And having one will just drive me mad, because the collector in me is just going to pine for "the one that got away."  And another.  And another. 

I'll end up being more miserable than happy in the end.  I know because I have a decent collection of old school Tformers, Joes, MASK figures, go bots, machine robo, Takatoku, Bandai, ... And the list goes on and on.  But you know what?  Rather than enjoy what I have - the highest graded G1 VF-1S Bandai Super Valkyrie in the world, for example - I think about the ones that got away.  The pre-rub Soundwave that I could have bought along with both cassettes.  The dirt cheap Optimus Prime that I passed on.  The Megatron I didn't buy.  Or that one time this guy offered me a dead mint Big O (I've only amassed much lesser versions to fill the void, but they doesn't do that any justice).  The madness has to stop somewhere.