Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

7 hours ago, borgified said:

@sjoebarry - Isn’t that a blatant rip off of the Scout Trooper and the Speeder Bike off Star Wars: RoTJ in psychedelic colours? :bad:

It’s a joke pic. It’s the scout trooper with the colors of the MASK figure on a speeder that has that figures vehicle color. The motorcycle that tuned into a helicopter 

Stuff bought in the last 60 days,  most were really good deals to me the takatoku ones I bought got less then $300 each(wanted mint but realisticly just nice examples will do)  got a hard to find puppy brite in the box for $35 while with the stealth valk it was with tax/shipping $350.

IMG20230810143703.jpg

IMG20230810144144.jpg

IMG20230810144152.jpg

IMG20230810144118.jpg

IMG20230810144634.jpg

You actually got one of the most wanted grails in the Yammie 1/48 scale @Spark-O-Matic and there’s no way that you’re going to give that up easily. If and when Bandai comes up with those rare variants, you might as well get it to add it into your collection. 

If you can find the Woodland 1a or the Low Vis 1a within your price range with or without the corresponding GBP, that’s another few more grails checked off the list. :good:

15 hours ago, borgified said:

You actually got one of the most wanted grails in the Yammie 1/48 scale @Spark-O-Matic and there’s no way that you’re going to give that up easily. If and when Bandai comes up with those rare variants, you might as well get it to add it into your collection. 

If you can find the Woodland 1a or the Low Vis 1a within your price range with or without the corresponding GBP, that’s another few more grails checked off the list. :good:

Those are nice!:) the stealth & unpainted were ones I've long wanted, the only others is the DTRL versions & both 35th Anniversary ones.  wanting to focus on other Macross stuff like trying model kits. I had several opportunities this year to buy some very rare Japan only magazine redemption versions, a few weathered versions but I passed its one of those things were my dreams are bigger then my wallet, sure everyone here has ran into that one.:D

13 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Those are nice!:) the stealth & unpainted were ones I've long wanted, the only others is the DTRL versions & both 35th Anniversary ones.  wanting to focus on other Macross stuff like trying model kits. I had several opportunities this year to buy some very rare Japan only magazine redemption versions, a few weathered versions but I passed its one of those things were my dreams are bigger then my wallet, sure everyone here has ran into that one.:D

Indeed. Aside from some charitable donations, and taking care of family, my eventual Powerball win will be used towards Valks. 😁

BTW, it sounds like you were browsing Yahoo Japan auctions. Low-viz come from there?

On 8/12/2023 at 11:34 PM, Radioguy said:

BTW, it sounds like you were browsing Yahoo Japan auctions. Low-viz come from there?

I've never used Yahoo yet but I've checked out the thread its pretty good, I've been doing Facebook MP, Directly contacting/buying directly from Auctioneers & Major Toy Resellers/Flippers, Buying from Ebay Sellers directly outside Ebay, Mercari:) basically I try to bypass the middleman and most sellers are happy to go along with that. 

Grabbed the old 80s Testors Macross models that Battletech used to "create" their pictures of their versions. Pictured below with my original battered Technical Readout 3025 (luckily I have a couple more in good condition). Grabbed these thanks to @Shawn's visit to Wise Guys to see the GTC Legacy inventory.

May be an image of 2 people, toy and text

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

No photo description available.

May be an image of text

May be an image of toy and text

May be an illustration of 1 person and text