Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

My biggest batch like ever.

Only the VF-0S is not that recent (wanted to keep it in box go open it along the VF-1S😂)

All the other stuff came in the last week and today picked up the strike parts and the VF-1S from the post office.

Although a bit pricey, I'm glad is still can get some DX toys. It is my 3rd time getting stuff from Mandarake.

IMG_20230412_173449.jpg.7ac32af74c78410010f55ee19e24bc2e.jpg

3 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Yamato No Painting Ver. I've always wanted this one, only paid $230 online for it including shipping from Japan.  One of the best deals I've found lately.

IMG20230413095657.jpg

Nice! :good: 

1 hour ago, foundshaian said:

Could you show it out of the box with some poses?

For now, hope these photos from @jenius's Anymoon site helps. ;) 

image.jpeg.8edec86bf891468d541fb804e0dea123.jpeg

image.jpeg.d5221630a6cc880119aebb3a00e883dd.jpeg

image.jpeg.ade45a3d4ba27fa0d5eeb59f928f2d15.jpeg

image.jpeg.e10e6483c8314aa8f5dd0df58fe8f4b1.jpeg

9 hours ago, foundshaian said:

Could you show it out of the box with some poses?

Yeah all the info I've managed to find out was they made under 300 for artist to make custom versions, from what I can tell from reading Here, Anymoon, TF Forums and sponsored Yamato modeling competitions at that time in japan that maybe less then 50 probably still exist unmolested. considering  many in the west wanted to make ultiment 'Fokker or Jetfire' and that might be optimistic.

later they did release other versions but they were not as universal as this one has sticker sheets to be any VF-1.  the later ones were sold as a 'Real modeling kit" you had to glue your robot together from several hundred pieces then paint it.  I believe it was four different versions they only made 75 of each and was a japan release only through the Yamato Store..

Personally I'm grateful I found this one and not the later ones.

Thanks to no3Ljm for the photos I could not touch it as its perfect superwhite & I'm fearful of any kind of staining oil/fluid getting on it.

IMG20230413212714.jpg

IMG20230413212814.jpg

IMG20230413212822.jpg

IMG20230413212858.jpg

IMG20230413212846.jpg

IMG20230413212904.jpg

IMG20230413213025.jpg

IMG20230413212911.jpg

IMG20230413212917.jpg

IMG20230413212933.jpg

IMG20230413213236.jpg

On 4/13/2023 at 8:19 PM, Spark-O-Matic said:

Yeah all the info I've managed to find out was they made under 300 for artist to make custom versions, from what I can tell from reading Here, Anymoon, TF Forums and sponsored Yamato modeling competitions at that time in japan that maybe less then 50 probably still exist unmolested. considering  many in the west wanted to make ultiment 'Fokker or Jetfire' and that might be optimistic.

later they did release other versions but they were not as universal as this one has sticker sheets to be any VF-1.  the later ones were sold as a 'Real modeling kit" you had to glue your robot together from several hundred pieces then paint it.  I believe it was four different versions they only made 75 of each and was a japan release only through the Yamato Store..

Personally I'm grateful I found this one and not the later ones.

They definitely sold the model kit versions through HLJ, and I have to think they made much more than 75 of each, since I have about 8 of those kits. :lol: 

I think I picked up three As, two Ss, two Js, and one VF-1D kit, and they all came with the same sticker/decal sets as the pre-assembled one.  I haven't built any of them yet, but I picked them up as a combination future project and spare parts stash.  I think I replaced a couple of broken VF-1J head parts, and maybe a shoulder hinge or two, but sadly they never released a kit in the DYRL light gray.

The semi-irritating part is that they only released the VF-1D in the same tan and orange as the stock release, so I wasn't able to make an easy DYRL VF-1D scheme. 

Edited by Chronocidal

On 4/16/2023 at 12:20 AM, Chronocidal said:

They definitely sold the model kit versions through HLJ, and I have to think they made much more than 75 of each, since I have about 8 of those kits. :lol: 

I think I picked up three As, two Ss, two Js, and one VF-1D kit, and they all came with the same sticker/decal sets as the pre-assembled one.  I haven't built any of them yet, but I picked them up as a combination future project and spare parts stash.  I think I replaced a couple of broken VF-1J head parts, and maybe a shoulder hinge or two, but sadly they never released a kit in the DYRL light gray.

The semi-irritating part is that they only released the VF-1D in the same tan and orange as the stock release, so I wasn't able to make an easy DYRL VF-1D scheme. 

That's possible since no official numbers were given, but also if you happen to live in Asia your more likely to have access to regional exclusives in volume even more rarer production items.  I only know as much as the sources I mentioned. but I'm confident mostly on the 1st version on production numbers. From my understanding the Weathering Versions were taken from piles of early production parts( appearance defects) were they were smoothing out the plastic molds in test runs while the No Painting were from later preproduction parts ran for QC runs before mass production began between model & parts revisions. very efficient way of controlling costs while providing unique product offerings. well practiced example of Kaizen ways of efficiency.

Hopefully some Big Macross Guru will see and fill in any gaps for us in the future regarding NP Versions.

1 hour ago, foundshaian said:

That's f^<<ing stellar

Thanks! I learned about this company pretty recently and wanted to try their deck shapes and when I saw they had this graphic, I had to have it. They also have this one but not in the sizes I want.

GX1000HO22Board1Bottom_grande.jpg?v=1667

54 minutes ago, Mommar said:

How did you get Yondu already?  My pre-order is still waiting.

these have been found in store and Amazon even shipped.some out a while ago.