Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Same here! I bought it a few months ago but it's my first anime statue (I think) and probably my last. it's nice but I figure I'd rather have action figures with unlimited poses.

I can appreciate that perspective. Having built many a Gundam kit over the years and experienced the highs and lows of greater and greater articulation at the expense of "accuracy" to the source material, I've come to appreciate a model that just sits there and looks good. Hopefully this one does.

Just now, kajnrig said:

I can appreciate that perspective. Having built many a Gundam kit over the years and experienced the highs and lows of greater and greater articulation at the expense of "accuracy" to the source material, I've come to appreciate a model that just sits there and looks good. Hopefully this one does.

Yeah, it's nice and looks good for sure! Part of my regret was I waited until well after it was released to get it and didn't want to pay much for it. I got it on sale for slightly less but then about a week later, it went on deeper clearance for a lot less than I got it for so just annoying that I should have waited a bit longer. The figure itself doesn't disappoint in doing what it's meant to do...look good in the one pose so you should be happy.

Got this in the mail today: just a special thanks for Anubis20 for kooking me up with the premium hikaru and more generously built and painted my fan racer. the time and detail he put into things such as painting the tiny pilot details, I never met someone so generous with his talentsB)) appreciation pics:wub:the fans twirl!

XuGvI1c.pngEaWhanC.png2r9axOg.pngQFgWG1u.pngazsc2QQ.pngBZZd4Pc.pngBKTCpCh.pngxMcmBET.pngapW2mlS.png hhbThbJ.png

Edited by davidwhangchoi

59 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Got this in the mail today: just a special thanks for Anubis20 for kooking me up with the premium hikaru and more generously built and painted my fan racer. the time and detail he put into things such as painting the tiny pilot details, I never met someone so generous with his talentsB)) appreciation pics:wub:the fans twirl!

XuGvI1c.pngEaWhanC.png2r9axOg.pngQFgWG1u.pngazsc2QQ.pngBZZd4Pc.pngBKTCpCh.pngxMcmBET.pngapW2mlS.png hhbThbJ.png

Those look great! I'd love a fan racer. 

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Those look great! I'd love a fan racer. 

Hey Slave IV, i not sure if you're into modeling like derex3592 and anubis20, but with your photography skills, i would love to see one in your hands:wub:

1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

Gorgous! 

oh man, i look at your Captain America inbit paint + builds all the time, i envy ppl with building painting skills as well those with photography skillsB))

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Anubis painted it? 

NICELY DONE!

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Beautiful, nice and clean paint job, I love it.

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

EaWhanC.pnghhbThbJ.png

Jealous on both counts esp the first photo. :rolleyes: Looking right at you David and Anubis. B))

Jealousy aside, got these today. One for Hayate. One for Messer. And one for Hayate ep26. Or if that one doesn't get made, I have one for just in case. ^_^

8PwSpkY.jpg

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Jealousy aside, got these today. One for Hayate. One for Messer. And one for Hayate ep26. Or if that one doesn't get made, I have one for just in case.

Are there not going to be separate-colored packs for each VF?

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Are there not going to be separate-colored packs for each VF?

Yes. But as I said before and probably most of us here pointed out that the blue Hayate's Super Parts looks great too with Messer's Valk. ;) 

And don't worry, I have an extra Messer's Valk to use with his color coordinated Super Parts. ^_^ 

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Hey Slave IV, i not sure if you're into modeling like derex3592 and anubis20, but with your photography skills, i would love to see one in your hands:wub:

oh man, i look at your Captain America inbit paint + builds all the time, i envy ppl with building painting skills as well those with photography skillsB))

Yeah, I love building model kits but just don't have the time to put into them anymore. I have a closet full of Bandai Star Wars figures I still need to build.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_3843.thumb.JPG.d817eb9e7b8464880bbe99a20f52dac3.JPGIMG_3844.thumb.JPG.ea32f437f2f6e133bb1dae97cc908e78.JPGIMG_3845.thumb.JPG.6738b24bf8e9e139e2cfea0306946d58.JPGIMG_3846.thumb.JPG.43bf9d05cda20af89a3191fd9f513508.JPG

Got a lot of cool toys today.  Early Father's Day gifts.  :D

Awesome haul!

I never get to contribute to this thread.  Here's everything new the past couple of weeks not Macross related.

Peter And Mary Jane Watson Parker Hasbro two pack, Figuarts Anakin, Movie Realization Bow Trooper, Figma Link and Zelda and Sentinel 4-Inch Nel Mega Man X.

IMG_0032.thumb.JPG.f53f8ae04b03364f297248268e400578.JPG

Not pictured, entire case of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Mantis Build-a-Figure wave.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes. But as I said before and probably most of us here pointed out that the blue Hayate's Super Parts looks great too with Messer's Valk. ;) 

And don't worry, I have an extra Messer's Valk to use with his color coordinated Super Parts. ^_^ 

Ah, I see. Yes, the blue super packs do look not half bad on the 31F.

Also, you people and your three of each. LAWD HELP ME. :p

13 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

EaWhanC.pngazsc2QQ.png

Congrats for this fan racer, Anubis really made a beauty out of it!

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_3846.thumb.JPG.43bf9d05cda20af89a3191fd9f513508.JPG

Got a lot of cool toys today.  Early Father's Day gifts.  :D

Damn, that's one nice Apocalypse.  Oh, yeah the 171 isn't bad either.

a few recent additions from a trade deal. Cost me one of my VF-31J and what ever VF-31 variant is released next after Mirage but I'm happy! :good:

besides you can never have too many VF-1! :D

20170610_004044.jpg

Edited by spanner

35 minutes ago, spanner said:

a few recent additions from a trade deal. Cost me one of my VF-31J and what ever VF-31 variant is released next after Mirage but I'm happy! :good:

20170610_004044.jpg

Sweet XB-70!

Just now, Slave IV said:

Haha, nice! That it is. Always intrigued by that aircraft, its design and capabilities. You get all that in the trade? 

Same here! it was a spectacularly advanced plane back in the 60's and a shame it never went into mass production or entered active service.. 

I only got the three VF-1 and VF-19 in the deal. The XB-70 I've had for years! 

1 minute ago, spanner said:

Same here! it was a spectacularly advanced plane back in the 60's and a shame it never went into mass production or entered active service.. 

I only got the three VF-1 and VF-19 in the deal. The XB-70 I've had for years! 

Ah, ok a bit more reasonable. Haha, I keep thinking how you pull off these amazing trade deals?

What scale is the XB-70? Now you got me thinking I need one. That is one of my favorite aircraft that I somehow never got a good model of. 

from the best of my knowledge no one ever made a model of the second prototype which had the cantered wings. It was the better aircraft which was unfortunately lost when a F-104 got too close and collided with the Valkyrie and they both crashed..

3 hours ago, spanner said:

20170610_004044.jpg

Dat 19F.

9 hours ago, kajnrig said:

No one's gonna mention the giant frakk-off tank absolutely dwarfing the planes and teeming with Panzer-chans?

hehe! yeah it has a heavy presence doesn't it! 

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

Dat 19F.

8)

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Still think the 19F and 19P are absolutely the most beautiful things to come out of Yamato.  Grats on getting that F!  The VF-1 squad looks really good as well, nice weathering/marking. :)

agreed! the 19P in particular! B))

2 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Got my replacement 31F as well as a Hikaru 1S in a trade with @Kanedas Bike :) 

A215B53E-E607-4F4C-88D0-4DF5A8613441.jpg

:good: