Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Am I missing something? Why is there so many people wanting a Destroid every now and then? When it was released and even on sale, no one mentioned Destroid this and Destroid that. If I had a dollar for every Destroid request read in various threads here, I'd be a rich man by now. :p

It's becoming too funny for me now. Maybe I'll join you guys and start posting: Destroids all over the boards. Better yet I'll go to the Transformer forums and Destroiding them first. :)

For me, all I wish is a better stand like the Arm Launch ones from Yamato.

It is funny but at the time when they were released people had to decide whether to buy a valk or a destroid. But if you release them at a time when nothing much else is coming out, they might sell better because they don't have to compete with the valk so much. You know what maybe I don't want to see a destroid re-release. It is time for them to revisit the Qrau. lol Make the joits as tight as they can to hold the backpack up easily. Include a stand with it and the figure.

I want that Stampede Valk too...but not in those colors!

Ya know, the colors never really stood out as a positive or negative to me before your comment. They are fairly Gundam-ish but there is enough grey, white and even the brown/bronze on the gatling gun to tone things down a bit.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a darker/low-viz variant. B))

-b.

Yeah they're just too Gundam for me. I'd want low viz or standard DYRL stuff. The underlying Valk is obviously Focker though...so that stays! :)

I love my arcadia and yamato valks. I'm pretty much finished buying any more valks as i'm pretty happy with what i have, except for some fast pack parts for a couple valks. When comparing them to my bandai valks, they seem to be better all around, there's really only one thing that's on the bandai valks that i wish was on my yamato/arcadia valks: a ball joint neck. I guess this is not a big deal to most people but just adding a ball joint on the neck vastly improves the posability in battroid mode. look at how dynamic the battroid poses are on the box art of the bandai dx's. Mikhail's vf-25g with the sniper rifle would not work without a ball joint neck. The yamato/arcadia's are still able to pull off some dynamic poses but do look a little plain and stale compared to what would be possible with a ball jointed neck.

Edited by cyde01

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to say it shortly, it looks like crap.

attachicon.gif131215e.jpg

IMHO, of course.

The problem is that the "finished" non Mac 7 Plus version already looks horrible in every mode on it's own. However you're posting a pic of a model that, imo, never looked good to begin with. Those little specialized kits don't look good at all in any mode and don't pose well either.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I posted awhile back for my wish from Arcadia. And the first would be a reissue of VF-4G in Flashback 2012 colors.

Or a renewal of YF-21... and this is the proportion I WANT. I know it's doable so better do it, Mr.K/Arcadia-san :lol:

- YF-21 main body from 1/60

- YF-21 enlarged proportioned legs from GN-u Dou

Be sure that the updated rotating thigh is brittle/crack/explosion-free. ;)

arcadia-YF19_wish-YF21_zps519c48e3.jpg

I'm not a Twitter user so if ever there's members here who can tweet this edited photo to Mr.K or Arcadia, you're free to do so. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

I know I posted awhile back for my wish from Arcadia. And the first would be a reissue of VF-4G in Flashback 2012 colors.

Or a renewal of YF-21... and this is the proportion I WANT. I know it's doable so better do it, Mr.K/Arcadia-san :lol:

- YF-21 main body from 1/60

- YF-21 enlarged proportioned legs from GN-u Dou

Be sure that the updated rotating thigh is brittle/crack/explosion-free. ;)

arcadia-YF19_wish-YF21_zps519c48e3.jpg

I'm not a Twitter user so if ever there's members here who can tweet this edited photo to Mr.K or Arcadia, you're free to do so. ^_^

Wouldn't the larger legs make an already rather thick fighter mode even more fat?

Wouldn't the larger legs make an already rather thick fighter mode even more fat?

True. But would you agree first that this is better proportioned looking than the current one? If they can pull off something like this without looking as fat as the 1/72 releases, then I'm good and happy. :) Last resort would be is, they can do a 'parts-former' releases. I don't mind swapping parts as long tat it will make the figure looks great and perfect. Make the thick legs optional added part. For a renewal $300+ releases, they can do this option and ignore added missles and stand if ever. (But I still want a Mighty Block stands, Arcadia. :lol:) Besides, they might still go with the inclusion of the 'delimiter' mode, so there's still a way to swap legs and reattached the bottom bay doors to the optional legs and vice-versa. Assuming they will correct the exploding thigh thing so changing and rotating legs is not as fragile as the first one. It's a win-win for everybody. ^_^

I would accept a thicker fighter if the battroid legs looked better. Just as the 19 sacrifices some accuracy in fighter to get a better battroid.

I agree. Since they changed something with the YF-19 releases, what's stopping them to do this (what I suggested) on the renewal YF-21? :lol:

But... at the end of the day, all we can do is just wait if ever they're going to decide to do a renewal first. Arcadia, please just do this before my son turns 10, ok? He's 5, btw. So that's plenty of time to rethink. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Arcadia has yet to release three more old molds this year so yes an announcement at the Summer Wonder Fest is most likely.

That depends on how well the Weathering versions sold in the past and lacking that information I have no idea.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Maybe Arcadia should consider the Metal Siren!!! Perhaps it would have some Gundam customer spillover effect for added sales! :p

va-1ss-battroid.gif

As someone who doesn't know that much about the older Macross chronology I've gotta ask. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? I thought it was from a different series still I found out it is a Valk??????

As someone who doesn't know that much about the older Macross chronology I've gotta ask. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? I thought it was from a different series still I found out it is a Valk??????

Like it or not...it's still Macross! Check out this site for more info on the mecha designs seen on Macross II: http://macross2.net/m3/macross2/macross2-index.html

In short, Macross II is an alternate universe story based on events after Macross: DYRL...which also leads to the other storyline that happens to include Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Frontier....

Actually, as of this minute, I believe it's been said that every Macross series is an alternate universe in itself......confused? Don't be....just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride! :)

Edited by jvmacross