Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

If it's a DX release you want then you should make that wish to Bandai. B))

At this point I'm going to move past what I want from Arcadia to just going with hoping they make sound business decisions. At some point sooner or later whatever is on my wish list will either come around, or it won't - but as long as Arcadia is still in business that "wish" is still in play.

-b.

at least one repaint for the yf 19 and I hope be the raven

After the bits and pieces of the last 19 release we've already had paint chipping problems with I'd call that thing a HUGE scratch danger.

Edited by Mommar

1/48 YF-19 and YF-21. I like my valks big :).

Seriously, Hasegawa already release the 1/48 non transformable YF-19, so it'll be cool for Arcadia to follow it up w a transforming version.

Between, is there any pics out there that shows the comparison in scale to Hasegawa 1/48 yf-19?

If it's a DX release you want then you should make that wish to Bandai. B))

At this point I'm going to move past what I want from Arcadia to just going with hoping they make sound business decisions. At some point sooner or later whatever is on my wish list will either come around, or it won't - but as long as Arcadia is still in business that "wish" is still in play.

-b.

ops, Arcadia don't make DX, but you know what I ment! ;)

Gotcha! But hey, hedge your bets and hope that either Bandai or Arcadia decide to visit Valkyries from Macross II. There are a lot of folks that seem to really want their favorite Mac II designs brought to life so you're certainly not alone.

-b.

at least one repaint for the yf 19 and I hope be the raven

I'd buy it but only if it wasn't as expensive as the initial release.

Just get rid of the extra missiles and I think they could reduce the price.

Also improve the instructions. Arcadia: get an official youtube channel with transformation videos and put the link in the printed instruction manual. (just in case the printed one is not up to date)

I still have my old 1/72 game edition Macross Plus valk toy btw. It's one heavy SOB.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Guest davidwhangchoi

*but the real reason is I don't want to jack anything up

i didn't see this... literally. until i was staring at a finger print on my screen.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm not sure if we will see a 19 repaint coming out this year. why? because it costs too much. i wouldn't put a 300+ fighter release too close to another and affect the business appeal of the other.

if i was thinking business i would give space between yf-19 and a repaint. at least a year apart most likely after people put their saving money towards the 0D.

since it costs too much and the audience is small. it would only hurt the attention towards the vf-0d which will be 300+

some will say just give me a repaint without the missiles this year. arcadia is not going in that direction

they chucked in a stand w/ the vf-1s that is not worth it and hiked the cost. i'm not sure they want to lower prices or go in that direction right now.

i think that's going to happen with the kai. the booster is packaged with it bc it's going to see a price hike... at least that's my instinct.

i think they are hiking prices regardless of what is or isn't included. i believe they're throwing in stuff to sorta temper the rising costs.

Mr. K tweeted if the super/strike packs were released they are going to cost more than before because of economy.

i'm not sure why he decided to release the kai first. but i'm guessing they're are going to string everyone before releasing the vt-1 or other desired valks.

well , at least i would do that in order to keep the company alive.

personally i would make the pre-order window extremely small and get people into a frenzy and then slowly trickle out new releases. and then after a year of that bs then announce a re-re-release of a semi desired valk coupled with some new paint variants.

then after milking everyone give another teaser of the vt-1 with no release date and release an obscure valk with a pre-order date.

oh wait bandai does that.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Based on this pic posted in the Arcadia VF-19Kai re-release thread, I wouldn't say it was "wishful thinking"....more like "broken dreams" brought on by Yamato's demise ;) (assuming the 'hints" dropped in the pic aren't just on temporary "hold")......

CIMG5060.JPG

It's still wishful thinking. People are expecting releases from Arcadia exactly like Yamato did. That method tanked Yamato. They aren't going to do that again.

I'm going to keep my wishes somewhat realistic, much to the chagrin of members here (probably). I'd genuinely be thrilled with a whale-blood-red VF-19 Zola version. Paint apps would be interesting to see how they'd pull this off.

Also, I hope to eventually see a re-engineered VF-0S Roy.

It's still wishful thinking. People are expecting releases from Arcadia exactly like Yamato did. That method tanked Yamato. They aren't going to do that again.

Relax....I am not saying "wishful thinking" did not occur during Yamato's time as it occurs now during Arcadia's....but clearly the pic drops massive hints as to what was in the minds of YAMATO....before all went sour....and based on the pics some of it was not wishful thinking...again I am just referring to Yamato and the items hinted at in the posted pic...several of which were considered "wish list" items...

Guest davidwhangchoi

the pic drops massive hints as to what was in the minds of YAMATO....before all went sour....and based on the pics some of it was not wishful thinking...again I am just referring to Yamato and the items hinted at in the posted pic...several of which were considered "wish list" items...

i want the clear packs both red and blue

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Looking at the prices of the previously-released-Yamato toys, Arcadia should really consider reissuing the VF-11B/11C or the VF-4 without any design change (i.e retooling old molds and start productions) since both are highly sought for nowadays.

VF-11 could be priced in the $200-300 range, while the VF-4 in the $300+

I'm not so sure. The VF-4 maybe, especially if they made it a Flashback version. The VF-11B/C are coveted by a handful of people and a release of any volume would far exceed demand. If they made them to order through a website and could make a run of like 200 valks then sure... otherwise it's right back to the HLJ bargain bin.

I received the latest Variable fighter master file from HLJ, it has some great renders of the SDF-1. .....it's been a few weeks since I last posted about a TV SDF-1 so here I go again....lol, sorry if you are sick of hearing about it!

Please Arcadia, TV SDF-1!!

I think it would have been cool for Arcadia right out of the gate - ( instead of the anniversary 1J ) -

-- To have released a set of slightly weathered / battle damaged CF 1As with fast packs. TV version gets same box only with sticker to cut costs. Brown CFs with fast packs? Already a been a bit foddered up? How cool is that?

Would have made quite a stir IMO.

That's still my number 1 wish for them - do something I am excited about . . .

I received the latest Variable fighter master file from HLJ, it has some great renders of the SDF-1. .....it's been a few weeks since I last posted about a TV SDF-1 so here I go again....lol, sorry if you are sick of hearing about it!

Please Arcadia, TV SDF-1!!

I don't believe they ever will but I agree with this.

I know it's heresy on these boards, but I never thought the SDF-1 design was all that great. I like it in the show more for its role, its impressive size, and its capabilities, but as a transformable mech, I think it leaves a bit to be desired. I like the Quarter a little better, if only for its more pleasing aesthetics.

As for wishes, I'd be interested in a Variable Glaug, a new YF-21 with improved battroid, the Octos, and a VF-2ss. I know the last one is pure mist and wish dust, but I'd love to see their take on the design.

I'd just love to see anybody produce a procurable transforming toy or model of the BG-5C Fatman. Cool design looking at the art, but transformation of the waist and legs looks a little magical. Maybe someone from Experten is reading this....

I like the way the SDF-1 looks in Cruiser-Mode. In Attack-Mode it looks stoic but it is basically a floating skyscraper. But if I buy a SDF-1 for display it has to have the ability to transform even if it will never be transformed. ^_^

..ok maybe once. :p

Always amusing to me when someone on the boards buys one of these expensive high end transformable toys, and then never transforms it. For those fighter mode guys, I think I'd be more inclined to save a little change and buy a high grade model. I own about 20 valks, going all the way back to Yamato's 1/72 clunkers, and I've transformed them all, because that's what they're meant to do, and b/c I love transforming toys. To not transform it is like buying a high performance car and leaving it permanently parked. Defeats the purpose of owning the thing, IMHO.

So Scyla, when you get your SDF-1, I hope you'll share some pics...in both modes. Otherwise, you're only enjoying half the toy, and for the ducats you'll drop on this thing, you need to at least re-enact the Daedalus Attack and do some imaginary pin point barrier action. :)

Always amusing to me when someone on the boards buys one of these expensive high end transformable toys, and then never transforms it. For those fighter mode guys, I think I'd be more inclined to save a little change and buy a high grade model. I own about 20 valks, going all the way back to Yamato's 1/72 clunkers, and I've transformed them all, because that's what they're meant to do, and b/c I love transforming toys. To not transform it is like buying a high performance car and leaving it permanently parked. Defeats the purpose of owning the thing, IMHO.

So Scyla, when you get your SDF-1, I hope you'll share some pics...in both modes. Otherwise, you're only enjoying half the toy, and for the ducats you'll drop on this thing, you need to at least re-enact the Daedalus Attack and do some imaginary pin point barrier action. :)

LOL - I'm a Fighter Mode guy and there are a handful of Valks that I just don't want to transform (the VF-4G will probably never see any other mode). I've got (27) various Valks on display alone - not including a displayed Destroid and Yamato SDF-1, some are in Fighter, others in Battroid (mostly VF-1's), none in Gerwalk. And I don't have the skill or patience for models.

And I'd probably be one to buy a nice performance vehicle one day and leave it parked - collector's mentality and personal preference I guess. B))

-b.

Transforming can take a long time though. hehe Some people just buy toys because they are easy to handle and won't break easily. Those transforming bandai mac f kits were pretty good but they probably get worse the more you touch it. I don't want to build the thing so it's also a patience thing for me. Maybe I see toys as pre-built model.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Regarding a VF-11B/C reissue. What would be cool is if Arcadia invested in new tooling for the wings so that their version had integral hard points, and include some ordnance along with it, if they did decide to release the 11 under their banner; maybe also reengineer the upper arms to be double hinged like the VF-1 V2 for added range of motion. Otherwise, Yamato's VF-11 was damned near perfect. Arcadia could handle such a release in the same way they did the YF-19 to avoid the same fate that befell Yamato's version; and this time, also put out some VF-X, etc., schemes.

Regarding a VF-11B/C reissue. What would be cool is if Arcadia invested in new tooling for the wings so that their version had integral hard points, and include some ordnance along with it, if they did decide to release the 11 under their banner; maybe also reengineer the upper arms to be double hinged like the VF-1 V2 for added range of motion. Otherwise, Yamato's VF-11 was damned near perfect. Arcadia could handle such a release in the same way they did the YF-19 to avoid the same fate that befell Yamato's version; and this time, also put out some VF-X, etc., schemes.

and maybe they can work in some ball jointed ankles. :p

I agree with the VF-11 amendments - ball joints would be neat, double jointed elbows definitely - and hard points, yes please - that's why I made my custom wing gloves to hold the HMMs.

If possible, if like to see slightly larger and chunkyer hands.

Oh and also the armour...

this might be a problem only mine has but I wish the ratchet joints in the knees were tighter on mine as well. the ankles and knees click but they have a tiny amount of play at each click, so it can rock back and forth slightly while standing and that's always bothered me.

basically I would totally rebuy a VF-11B and a YF-21 if they did them like the new YF-19.

I'd have to say..

VF-11C re-issue (but plz fix cockpit fit)

VF-4 alternate colors

VF-1J Max & Milia re-issues (purely based on pricing)

on the reserve list only as it was just released..

YF-19 alternate colors (and I don't mean "Double Nuts" and or "Bird of Prey") something different would be nice!