So now that Yamato is defunct.....

jvmacross

PT Valk Line  

56 members have voted

1. 1. If or when Arcadia resumes the PT valk line....would you want it to remain at 1/60 or would you be open to a different scale such as 1/72?

• No, keep it at 1/60....it is the scale to rule them all!
    • Yes, I want it rebooted at 1/72 or smaller scale....I'm wrong and I know it
    • I will buy Macross PT valks from Arcadia at any scale.....made a killing on the sale of my soul!

Not necessarily. I'm quite sure they made many more of those than they did 1/60 v2 Super Ostriches, for example.

Is that true? It seemed like once the initial batches of the 1/48 low vis sold out, it was gone. The 1/60 v2 VT-1's went to the bargain bin on HLJ for awhile before they were completely gone. I picked one up on clearance for a nice price. 1/48 low vis prices shot up and never really came down

Where was it written or confirmed that that Arcadia had kept all former Yamato employees? I don't recall seeing or hearing this peice of information before! Unless this information was clearly stated in an official posting from Yamato or Arcadia, i.e. on their blog, website etc, it's just heresay.

Yeah, it's hearsay, but only in terms of it not having been officially stated. Save has met and talked to them directly. I don't know the specifics such as if ALL of the Yamato employees simply got transferred to Arcadia, but I know the main dudes are there, especially the guys in charge of all the Macross stuff. And remember, those guys are Macross FANS. They brought out all these toys because they love the franchise as much as we do. I'm not saying they'll continue the 1/60 line, but I'm sure they'll try to do *something* at some point.

Production quantity for the 1/48 low vis was 2,500pcs. Graham

Yeah, in my mind there's no way there's that many Super O's.

I see the release of the VF-4 as not only the holy grail of all Macross items, but also as a final thank you gesture to all Macross Fans from a company of Macross Fans. What other company has made or would have made a 1/60 perfect transformable VF-4 (especially if rumors are true and bankruptcy would happen weeks after its release)?

I have said it before, and will say it again: If Bandai takes over the other Macross licenses, I’ll stop collecting. I’m not putting up with their pre-order games.

Hope they are DESTROID fans too. 82da9d58.gif

Yeah, it's hearsay, but only in terms of it not having been officially stated. Save has met and talked to them directly. I don't know the specifics such as if ALL of the Yamato employees simply got transferred to Arcadia, but I know the main dudes are there, especially the guys in charge of all the Macross stuff. And remember, those guys are Macross FANS. They brought out all these toys because they love the franchise as much as we do. I'm not saying they'll continue the 1/60 line, but I'm sure they'll try to do *something* at some point.

Is that true? It seemed like once the initial batches of the 1/48 low vis sold out, it was gone. The 1/60 v2 VT-1's went to the bargain bin on HLJ for awhile before they were completely gone. I picked one up on clearance for a nice price. 1/48 low vis prices shot up and never really came down

You have to remember that when the low viz came out there wasn't really any other Macross toys competing against it. Most of us bought one and then when it came out that it was limited everyone had time to buy them up. When the v.2 ostrich came out, Yamato was producing valks one right after the other. And they were known to eventually reissue unless they specifically said that it was limited. So a lot of fans decided to skip it for other toys or wait for it to hit the bargain bins.

The VF-4 had an even lower run than those two valks. The production numbers that Yamato runs makes them seem like medium sized third party transformers company. Except Yamato paid the licenses.

One valk that's probably extremely limited is the 1/48 kakizaki TV-1A from the Macross Chronicle promo.

One valk that's probably extremely limited is the 1/48 kakizaki TV-1A from the Macross Chronicle promo.

Yes! As far as i'm concerned, that is the Holy Grail as it is the only valk I do not have from Yamato's line of perfect transformation valkyries as a whole. (weathered and re-released versions of existing valks/ destroids not withstanding)

Edited by BlueMax

If Arcadia doesn't continue where Yamato stopped, there's gonna be not one, but quite a few holy grails:

1/2000 and 1/3000 DYRL? SDF-1

1/60 HDP Regult

1/60 VF-4G

1/60 VF-1A Angel Birds

1/60 VF-1X

1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

1/60 VF-19P

1/60 VT-1

Yes! As far as i'm concerned, that is the Holy Grail as it is the only valk I do not have from Yamato's line of perfect transformation valkyries as a whole. (weathered and re-released versions of existing valks/ destroids not withstanding)

Plus I think it was the only way to get the "clown hands" for the Max TV 1/48 VF-1A...also an exclusive from Macross Chronicle....and arguably a holy grail itself.....

Production quantity for the 1/48 low vis was 2,500pcs. Graham

Interesting....for perspective, do you know what a typical run was for a regular issue valk...like say a VF-1J Hikaru or VF-1S Roy? Either in 1/48 or 1/60 scale?

I agree....one-offs can't be holy grails as there is no chance you will ever find one.....

With that said....do we all agree on how a holy grail should be defined...in the context of the typical yamato macross collector looking to complete a collection in the future? I do not think a typical collector will desire the HDP kit as much as the actual fully built toys.....

HDP kits are more for the higher-end collector...dare I say "elite"? :ph34r:

I personally would not say that someone's collection is not "complete" if they did not own all or any of the HDP kits.....

But what about the Zentradi "dress-up" clothes for the VF-1A dolly...errr....I mean Valk!!!.....Would that need to be a part of a complete 1/60 Yamato collection? Those are dang hard to find these days...the last one went for 25000 JPY on Yahoo Japan:

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m110567911

Grail status?

There is another holy grail... Graham sold it a couple years ago as I recall, the smooth YF-21!

(null)

There is another holy grail... Graham sold it a couple years ago as I recall, the smooth YF-21!

(null)

Didn't sell it, no buyer in the end. Still got it (I think), Let me check.

Too much Macross stuff passed through my hands this past decade.

Graham

Plus I think it was the only way to get the "clown hands" for the Max TV 1/48 VF-1A...also an exclusive from Macross Chronicle....and arguably a holy grail itself.....

Interesting....for perspective, do you know what a typical run was for a regular issue valk...like say a VF-1J Hikaru or VF-1S Roy? Either in 1/48 or 1/60 scale?

Initial runs of the first two 1/48 releases (VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1S Focker), were 15,000pcs each IIRC, subsequent releases were lower at about 7,000 and then 5,000pcs.

Graham

But what about the Zentradi "dress-up" clothes for the VF-1A dolly...errr....I mean Valk!!!.....Would that need to be a part of a complete 1/60 Yamato collection? Those are dang hard to find these days...the last one went for 25000 JPY on Yahoo Japan:

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m110567911

Grail status?

Hard to define but personally would never pay that much for that monstrosity in tailoring. That Valk-sized outfit is just ugly.

Hard to define but personally would never pay that much for that monstrosity in tailoring. That Valk-sized outfit is just ugly.

I have to agree with you but I bought it anyways when it first came out :rolleyes: .....stuff like that is probably why Yamato ended up where it did....just got too cocky, made too much, too fast....it was a great ride while it lasted..... ^_^

I got everything I wanted from Yamato over the years toy wise except the Super O. And that one was always a luke warm want by me anyway. I surely AM glad I got a VF-4G/VF17D/and a 19F "before the fall" however. I don't have any extra's, and all mine have been stickered and panel lined, so they will never be mint but I got them to enjoy, so whatever.

I think the only one I actually regret not having is the Virgin Road VF-1D. I didn't buy it at the time because I didn't want to get duplicate paint schemes, and already had M&M VF-1Js, so it felt redundant. In hindsight, I might have picked up a VF-X and Angel Bird though.

Another "sleeper" is the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru TV with Fast Packs combo set.....AFAIK, it's the only way to get a set of 1/48 scale TV fast packs....

Somewhat true.... In full tv colors. However, the max and Millia 1/48s also came with tv fast packs, but the boosters were color matched.

Somewhat true.... In full tv colors. However, the max and Millia 1/48s also came with tv fast packs, but the boosters were color matched.

That's right...the 1/48 Max and Milia fully decked out in armor and fast packs are works of art.....

I was hoping that we would see the return of the 1/48 line, in the form of some exclusives, with the revised Macross Chronicle.....a 1/48 VF-1S TV and VF-1A TV mass production would have been nice and easy for Yamato/Arcadia to produce.....

Hehe.. I'm still glad that that's the one 1/48 I got. Saved up and bought it about mid-way through college. I had planned to get a 1/48 Roy, but by the time I got a job and could justify buying expensive toys, Yamato had moved on to the 1/60 line.

No regrets though, I don't have enough room for any more 1/48 sized boxes. :lol: My closet of Macross (Macloset?) is nearly filled to bursting now, and I might have to play real-life tetris again soon to fit the last few things I've picked up.

My favorite is still my 1/48 Low Viz. Really wish they had done the 1/60v2 in low viz in each model. I'd have wanted a whole team (at least 2 x 1A, and a 1J if not a 1S, as well).

If someone has those molds from the bankruptcy, I hope they'll crank stuff out from the same factories sooner or later. Especially VF-19 and VF-17, if not VF-4.

Edited by Uxi