So now that Yamato is defunct.....

jvmacross

PT Valk Line  

56 members have voted

1. 1. If or when Arcadia resumes the PT valk line....would you want it to remain at 1/60 or would you be open to a different scale such as 1/72?

• No, keep it at 1/60....it is the scale to rule them all!
    • Yes, I want it rebooted at 1/72 or smaller scale....I'm wrong and I know it
    • I will buy Macross PT valks from Arcadia at any scale.....made a killing on the sale of my soul!

...and if Arcadia decides to abandon the perfect variable line.....

What will go down as the "HOLY GRAIL" of the Yamato Macross complete toy line (1/100, 1/72, 1/60, and 1/48) for those who may one day decide they must "have them all"?

Edited by jvmacross

I would think Yamato's 1/60 v2 VF-1 line is the most complete line by far. They've given us almost every squadron from the show (yes, even the cavaliers!).

The rarest would still be the 1/48 Low Vis VF-1A. Next would be any 1/60 v2 valkyries that did not get a re-issue: VF-1J M&Ms, VT-1 Ostrich, VF-1S low vis, VF-1D Virgin Road, etc. Of course, the Roy and Hikaru Skull VF-1Ss will always be popular as well.

If Bandai takes over the Macross VF-1 license, there is no way they will ever treat us as well as Yamato has.

Edited by Valkyrie23

For some reason, I have doubts that Bandai would even touch anything beyond Mac F and maybe if we are lucky another attempt at SDFM/DYRL valks. I just don't see them risking it on the Mac zero lineup. Mac zero I thought was a failure in Japan as far as I can tell. It seems like the west liked it more than the Japanese.

Yeah, as much as I hate the idea of pre-ordering Bandai macross products. I wouldn't mind some heavy metal VF-1 love.

I highly doubt that Arcadia will dump the license and never do another 1/60 item. Give them time, for a new game plan, and a better

business direction. They obviously have kept the designer, seeing how they said all the yammy employees have been kept.

They might tighten their focus to specific popular models, and less on variants that don't sell.

I just don't see them letting the molds go to waste, or any R & D that was already planned. That's millions that they won't toss.

I think they just need time.

...and if Arcadia decides to abandon the perfect variable line.....

What will go down as the "HOLY GRAIL" of the Yamato Macross complete toy line (1/100, 1/72, 1/60, and 1/48) for those who may one day decide they must "have them all"?

That's a good question. A couple of years ago, we would probably all agree that the 1/48 Low Viz was it but they've released so many low run and exclusives since then.

The 1/60 v.2 Millia? The 1/2000 Macross? 1/60 The Regult? the 1/60 DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger?

Yamato was defunct the moment Arcadia was announced.

as to what the best "Yamato" one was.....both my fanboy side and my intellectual side agree: the VF-4. Because it took them so long to finally get around to it, and that they nailed the transformation perfectly.

other than that, the v2 VF-1A. Look at how many they cranked out and how many have been customized since it's release.

How about the Macross Chronicle 1/48 Hikaru weathering edition with the fast packs....how many of those actually get made?....actually it's the fast packs that set it apart....

And with that said....I had hoped for more exclusives from the re-launched Macross Chronicle....hmmmmmm? Perhaps their is still hope....a fool's hope

I highly doubt that Arcadia will dump the license and never do another 1/60 item. Give them time, for a new game plan, and a better

business direction. They obviously have kept the designer, seeing how they said all the yammy employees have been kept.

They might tighten their focus to specific popular models, and less on variants that don't sell.

I just don't see them letting the molds go to waste, or any R & D that was already planned. That's millions that they won't toss.

I think they just need time.

Where was it written or confirmed that that Arcadia had kept all former Yamato employees? I don't recall seeing or hearing this peice of information before! Unless this information was clearly stated in an official posting from Yamato or Arcadia, i.e. on their blog, website etc, it's just heresay.

Now I have no idea about Japanese bankruptcy law. But here in HK if a company is bankrupt and is forceably wound up to pay off debts, all assests of the company would be seized by baliffs and auctioned off in public auction. If the same applies to Japan, then all the 1/60 toy molds may not be in Arcadia's possession.

Now I don't mean to sound all negative, and I'm hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but there may well not be.

Graham

Where was it written or confirmed that that Arcadia had kept all former Yamato employees? I don't recall seeing or hearing this peice of information before! Unless this information was clearly stated in an official posting from Yamato or Arcadia, i.e. on their blog, website etc, it's just heresay.

Now I have no idea about Japanese bankruptcy law. But here in HK if a company is bankrupt and is forceably wound up to pay off debts, all assests of the company would be seized by baliffs and auctioned off in public auction. If the same applies to Japan, then all the 1/60 toy molds may not be in Arcadia's possession.

Now I don't mean to sound all negative, and I'm hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but there may well not be.

Graham

The only vague reference I could find was in the locked thread where user Save wrote:

dizman, on 10 Feb 2013 - 13:58, said:snapback.png

Interesting

indeed, I wonder if it's a "we are losing money so re-brand to save

jobs" or "hey the last year was pretty good so lets move and re-brand to

keep things fresh".

"Maybe, the booth was maned by there usual employees. Recently the

company had brought on a hand full of young employees and they were

there working."

And also what you wrote later on:

"Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Well, one of my lower level contacts got back to me, he confirmed

it is still the same CEO, the company hasn't been sold, they want to

diversify apparently. But my contact didn't know whether they will carry

on with 1/60 PV Macross toys.

Waiting for someone higher up the food chain to get back to me.

Grahm"

So, you're right, there's no indication they're keeping everyone. But I can see where people might remember that stuff wrong after that thread started to go off the rails (I'm guilty as thinking that the employees stayed as well).

Damn, I don't even remember where my Macross shot glass is. Completely forgot about it. Have to look for it tonight.

I have a Whatsapp conversation with a Yamato employee, just wondering should I post it. If I do, I'll have to redact the names.

Graham

Well, if this truely is the end, once it's confirmed it is the end and time has passed for the dust to settle, I have some wonderful stories to tell, figures to share, photos to post etc.......hahah

But let's just wait and see.

Graham

It's the first time I prefer never have the chance to hear wonderful stories.

P.S. Was VF-0 v.2 planned?

Well, if this truely is the end, once it's confirmed it is the end and time has passed for the dust to settle, I have some wonderful stories to tell, figures to share, photos to post etc.......hahah

But let's just wait and see.

Graham

Ditto... 1st time I don't want to have to hear these wonderful stories.

Hm... whatever the whatsapp content is, it sure doesn't sound as if it answers the question if the Macross Variable line will continue

Edited by BlueMax

I'm no expert in any country's bankruptcy laws but here's my understanding:

Arcadia was announced before Yamato went into bankruptcy. Theoretically this means there was a window where Yamato could have been selling assets to Arcadia to raise funds to pay off the creditors. Yamato would need to prove in bankruptcy court that these transactions were completed at the same values as an arms-length transaction. This should be relatively easy for Yamato to do since there's no readily available market for toy molds so they would get to use their own assumptions to calculate price and then just have some sort of evidence for why they made those assumptions ((Original cost of the mold+design) minus ((mold+design)/expected units that could be produced times the units produced)). I would say the evidence for this having been the case was that short transition phase where Yamato became only a distributor of foreign toys ("Um, we sold all of our assets, but we can still put product in a store if someone will pay us to do that!").

I do think it's a safe bet though that not ALL the molds would make the transition. Any license that might have serious competition (SDF Macross) probably would have been left behind. I imagine any mold they felt needed a renewal version (IE the MacPlus molds) also would have been left behind as well. Time will tell.

The holy grail? The 1/3000 SDF-1.

Edited by jenius

So assuming this is the Yamato finale and Arcadia decides not to product any Macross products, I wonder if another toy company will purchase the license and continue the 1/60 and 1/48 line?

So assuming this is the Yamato finale and Arcadia decides not to product any Macross products, I wonder if another toy company will purchase the license and continue the 1/60 and 1/48 line?

Most likely Bandai is the only candidate at this point. Which means Macross collecting will suck because Bandai doesn't give a crap about Macross