So now that Yamato is defunct.....

jvmacross

PT Valk Line  

56 members have voted

1. 1. If or when Arcadia resumes the PT valk line....would you want it to remain at 1/60 or would you be open to a different scale such as 1/72?

• No, keep it at 1/60....it is the scale to rule them all!
    • Yes, I want it rebooted at 1/72 or smaller scale....I'm wrong and I know it
    • I will buy Macross PT valks from Arcadia at any scale.....made a killing on the sale of my soul!

That's all funny since the 1/3000 was on sale at HLJ for at least 6 months for 280$,

plus the old BBTS listing showed 288$, so it obviously wasn't worth anyone's money before this.

just more perspective on how dumb consumers can be, and how possibly smart Yamato is to restructure without saying a word

watching all their overstock be bought out, and prices soar, bringing Demand back with no supply.. until they return.

just saying.

Edited by skullmilitia

I agree, point being, now that Kakizakis are sold out, their popping on ebay for 150+, LOL!!

One thing I really regret is what you say, I got back into the game and did not know the Yamato's SDF-1 were going so cheaply, I so wanted one and never knew. -_-

But unless I win the lottery I will never buy at those ridiculous prices for it now.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Yeah, this topic has swung all over the place (no help from me :p). My main issue with the 171 vs the 17 is that I still can't comprehend the train of thought that would lead anyone to think the wing hinge design was a good idea. The 17 just had them screwed on, and everything was fine. :rolleyes:

I think given the option, I'd still love to find a VF-X and Virgin Road, but that's water under the bridge at this point. The ones everyone will want years from now will be all the single run/last minute releases, and all the limited ones. The VF-19P, VF-17D, and VF-4 all got released shortly before Yamato poofed, so they never had a chance to get a second run. Other single-run and limited releases are probably going to be decently sought-after too, but probably none as much as the VF-4.

Actually.. no, I take that back. The ones everyone will want years from now will be the same ones they've always wanted... Hikaru's VF-1J, Roy's VF-1S, etc. :p They always produce the most of those, because the folks who can restrain themselves to one or two purchases would probably go for the iconic ones. The question is, how long will it be before interest in everything but the favorites disappears?

The VF-4 though has a special status. It's a combination of a swan song for the company, a masterpiece of engineering, and the only mass produced transforming VF-4 in any scale ever to exist. In hindsight, I wish they had numbered them so people would know how many were made, but it's not a huge deal. It just feels like the VF-4 is the transforming toy equivalent of a John Lennon album that you got autographed at the last concert before his death.

Edited by Chronocidal

About the VF-1s low vis, i have been watching auctions on and off for about a year - kind of want it, but can live without it - and the highest it has ever gone is 20,000 something YEN. It doesn't look like the kind of variant that people would fight over in a bidding war, maybe because no collection should feel incomplete without it. Probably the same could have been said for the VF-X, but that brings some more variety to a collection than a simple colour-swap of a mass release. If only that bright yellow was darker... :unsure:

20000 JPY?....must have been before Order 66 was put into action.... :rolleyes:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h175707894

..... The ones everyone will want years from now will be all the single run/last minute releases, and all the limited ones. The VF-19P, VF-17D, and VF-4 all got released shortly before Yamato poofed, so they never had a chance to get a second run. Other single-run and limited releases are probably going to be decently sought-after too, but probably none as much as the VF-4.

This makes sense for some of the pricing we are seeing....it explains why a VE-1 with NO ISSUES is now commanding way less than a VT-1 whose shoulders explode just sitting in its box.....VT-1 had just one release.....

My only hope for more 1/48's was via some DeAgostini Macross Chronicle exclusives....but that hope is all but gone now.... :(

I'd love for some 1/48 love. That's where my heart is, but with no VE's or VT's the VF series is and should be done.

Unless they move into a different number, I think the line is probably good for what it was.

hit me with a 1/48 VF-19 just like the 1/60 and I'd get wood.

I'd love for some 1/48 love. That's where my heart is, but with no VE's or VT's the VF series is and should be done.

Unless they move into a different number, I think the line is probably good for what it was.

1/48 TV VF-1S would have been easy for them to crank out....and a 1/48 VF-1D would have been an instant must-have.....

Hmmmm....anyone have pics of a Hasegawa 1/48 YF-19 next to a 1/48 Yamato?

I got told that Yamato USA is open, but the employees had a strange face when asked about Yamato's closing down, like they didn't know.

I tried calling, but just got the answering machine.

Yamato USA
2400 West Carson St
Suite #115
Torrance, CA 90501

Phone: (310) 787-8488

everyone should try calling, like a flood of angry beavers..

Hey, I'm still holding out hope for 1/48 VE-1 and VT-1 toys to make their way to me :p

I've wanted a 1/48 YF-19 since the first 1/48 VF-1s came out. :p Problem is, that thing is huge. You'd probably be easily over $300 for a stand-alone release, maybe upwards of $350.

What actually does surprise me is that while we've seen transforming Hasegawa kits in 1/72, no one seems to want to try it in 1/48. I'd love to see someone take a stab at it.

just more perspective on how dumb consumers can be, and how possibly smart Yamato is to restructure without saying a word

watching all their overstock be bought out, and prices soar, bringing Demand back with no supply.. until they return.

While this would not be a nice act on Yamato's part, I kind of hope this happens. There are still a number of 1/60 valks I'd like to buy in due time.

I always thought a stab at the M3 Dreamcast license would be perfect for the non core vf. The vf-4 and vf-11 would be cost effective repaints and even a release of the m&m vf-1js. But that's probably a dream, I don't think M3 was ever popular enough where it was available

Edited by Pierre

I'm interested to know whether anyone thinks we may see a VT-1 re-issue from Arcadia in 2014 when it's going to be the 30th anniversary of DYRL? Releasing a previously flawed release with proper QC, together with an anniversary stamp the size of a fist makes business sense and would bring in some customer confidence, but will they have sorted the licencing issues by then?!?

Edited by Dimis

I'm interested to know whether anyone thinks we may see a VT-1 re-issue from Arcadia in 2014 when it's going to be the 30th anniversary of DYRL? Releasing a previously flawed release with proper QC, together with an anniversary stamp the size of a fist makes business sense and would bring in some customer confidence, but will they have sorted the licencing issues by then?!?

No one knows or they are not saying....

I for one hope Bandai will re-release the 1/55 Hi-Metal VF-1S Strike Hikaru (maybe an all new Roy version?), the VE-1 and the VT-1 for the DYRL 30th anniversary in 2014......If Arcadia still does not have it's Macross PT Valk plans ready by then...it would be the perfect time for Bandai to do this.....a fool's hope, I know... ;)

Hi everyone.

On Topic I would say that the 1/3000 SDF-1 will be the most wanted and more expensive model in the near future. At least here in Argentina. Sitting close to the VF-4, wich I don´t like very much (the painting an some articulations....), but it´s quite hard to find...

Off topic, Do you think that Bandai does that bad of a job making Valkyries? I disagree.

Having a VF-25 V1 I know what everybody think.... it´s a little "rough at the edges" to say the least.... but I´ve owned a SV-51 alpha wich, being a gigantic marvelous menacing Valkyrie, wasn´t that good engineering-wise... too much plastic on delicate areas.

I can´t say the same of my 1/48 VF-1s reissue... or my VF.-19 Kai wich are wonderful and really made to last, but the lack of detaling is a little frustrating. Here the prices are way too high.

And, having a VB-6 König and a Durandal, the engineering and the detail in those models (the same with my Quarter) are AMAZING...

I don´t know. I love Yamato... or Arcadia... or whatever, but I wouldn´t mind a SV-51 DX Chogokin in the near future... or a SV-52 for example... Could you imagine a line of models (I won´t call them toys) based on Macross The Ride... Dear God....

Please excuse my english... btw

Also, I want to make a prediction here: After the success of Transformers and if a movie like Pacific Rim does well... I feel like Macross will get done at some point.

I know.. Harmony Gold is a batcave full of bastards, but I think if they sniff cash we'll see some kind of live action Macross in the next 2 years or so.

If that happens the toys will come fast and furious. No doubt.

HG wha? you mean WB, HG sold the non-animation rights to Robotech/Macross a few years back.

It's basically been WB finding the right Director, and the right Rick.

However, I am telling you right now, that movie will only bring pain.

American Hollywood doesn't have the soul to create a proper movie based on a Japanese Franchise.

Never has, and never will.

After the box office disappointment of Speed Racer and Dragonball: Evolution, Hollywood's enthusiasm for live action anime adaptations slowly evaporated. Warner Brothers tried for years to get Akira off the ground, only to have it fall apart (not once but twice). The Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop remakes also seem to have fallen off the map, but now this week it looks like Warner Brothers are turning their attention back to a Robotech movie, based on the popular '80s cartoon featuring giant transformable robots. The success of Michael Bay's Transformers once convinced them to pick up the rights to Robotech, but could the buzz surrounding Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim be pushing them to make it a reality? I wonder... According to THR, Nic Mathieu is currently in negotiations to direct Robotech. Mathieu has a background in commercials (you can see some of his work »

This is from Jan 2013, so who knows what the hell is going on, but it's been a long time between any updates on WB taking on Robotech.

What's my point.. my point is, WB has a relationship with Mattel, who owns matchbox, who got licensing from HG in the past. What does it mean? nothing! But I know a few Corporate rats who might make some calls and find out just what HG is holding onto that license for. Meaning only the merchandising.

God help us all, if Mattel starts making Robotech toys for that movie.

God help us all.

Speedracer toys

Batman trilogy toys

DC universe toys

AHHHHHH * head explodes*

Edited by skullmilitia

A little off topic... and to reply skullmilitia

Maybe here, in Argentina, someway we could made something right at least once...

http://www.robotechvalkyrieproject.com/

Yes... it´s called "Robotech Valkyrie project", but here to get the rights fron HG (That batcave full of bastards... haha) they have to name it that way.

At least the trailers are someway inspiring, and it`s a fan project.

We`ll see how it turns out...

Edited by Astro_BS-AS

I suspect we'll see new anime before we see any sort of movie. My fingers are crossed for a Macross The First animation although I'm sure some members would rather not. It makes sense from a toy perspective though (but less so from a BigWest perspective). At any rate, someone mentioned HG sold the live action rights to WB. Usually those sorts of things are leased and revert back to the original owners if the lessee doesn't produce something in some specified time frame. As for seeing a VT-1 reissue, I'd bet against it. The VF-1 mold is now 5 years old and the Macross license will be VERY hard for Arcadia to get if Bandai is at all interested. Of course, I always assume Bandai would be interested and I could be totally wrong there.

I suspect we'll see new anime before we see any sort of movie. My fingers are crossed for a Macross The First animation although I'm sure some members would rather not. It makes sense from a toy perspective though (but less so from a BigWest perspective). At any rate, someone mentioned HG sold the live action rights to WB. Usually those sorts of things are leased and revert back to the original owners if the lessee doesn't produce something in some specified time frame. As for seeing a VT-1 reissue, I'd bet against it. The VF-1 mold is now 5 years old and the Macross license will be VERY hard for Arcadia to get if Bandai is at all interested. Of course, I always assume Bandai would be interested and I could be totally wrong there.

The license to all VF's or just the VF-1? Guess it would makes sense for just the VF-1...other than the VF-19...it's was a very prolific mold for Yamato....

Again, this is pure speculation. I think it will be hard for Arcadia to get the SDF:Macross license (so VF-1). I also think Bandai might snap up the Mac+ license since Bandai has toyed with making a YF-19/YF-21 a couple times so they have some desire there even if they've never pulled the trigger. This is why I don't think the VF-1 toys that are RAGING in popularity and after market value are good bets for long term holy grails. If Bandai gets the license for SDF: Macross we'll see a DX VF-1 and the V2 VF-1's value will plunge. It won't tank as hard as the V1 Yamato 1/60 VF-1 but even if the DX VF-1 were crap it'd be one more toy to help tap a bit of demand. This makes the 1/3000 Yamato SDF-1 a pretty good bet for grail as I really doubt Bandai would produce one after the Quarter's lackluster sales.

I think Arcadia will get the Mac7 and Mac0 licenses. What that does to the VF-4 is anybody's bet. The VF-4 is another pretty good bet for grail status.

Edited by jenius

Well, VF-4 was labelled a VFX version...so in theory that license is worth less I guess...so if Arcadia were to be limited as far as the SDFM TV and DYRL VF-1 license, then it should start cranking out more VFX VF-4's, as just one run would be kind of like leaving money on the table....

I still think the upcoming VF-1 model kit from Bandai is just a trial run for an improved 1/55 scale DX.....crossing fingers....but based on the past, I do not think Bandai has the love it takes to do with the franchise what Yamato did....that said, the value of Yamato's PT Valks should hold if not rise even more...

We don't even know for certain that Yamato/Arcadia doesn't still have the VF-1 license, do we..? :unsure: They were re-releasing the VF-1 series with option parts, and the FAST pack set, so why didn't they also do the VT-1 and M&M re-releases as well..?

Bandai didn't seem to do so well with the !/100 VF-1 series. So I'm not sure they would be interested in the 1/60 license. Yamato did a good job at saturating the market with them.

Arcadia showed a few Macross pieces at Wonderfest. So maybe, maybe, maybe...

I really hope Arcadia comes through in the end. Picture Yamato with - perhaps - a better business plan. This is what I keep telling myself at least.

I received my first Bandai valk yesterday - renewal VF-25F with the armor and super packs. It's really nice but... I don't know, it just doesn't feel like a Yamato does in my hands. Anyone else feel that way?

I really hope Arcadia comes through in the end. Picture Yamato with - perhaps - a better business plan. This is what I keep telling myself at least. I received my first Bandai valk yesterday - renewal VF-25F with the armor and super packs. It's really nice but... I don't know, it just doesn't feel like a Yamato does in my hands. Anyone else feel that way?

yes....kind of...bandai is more like an expensive toy....Yamato PT valks were more like adult collectibles.....warts and all.... ;)

Licenses are mostly held by scale in the toy world. Even tough 1/72 seems the norm in models and most toys, Yamato was very smart to focus on 1/60 knowing how completest collectors tend to be which is why almost every other scale VF-1 release fails, If you were able to 1/60 valks PT from Yamato why would you want a 1/100 partsformer.