Just had a thought....this is not taken from anything I read or gleamed from anything that was seen/shown/talked about on the Net. Just a theory that just me do to the missing character in the poster.

I'll spoiler tag it just in case people get butt hurt over speculation. ;)

What if Luke is dead and Hamills involvement is just as a force ghost!?

Chris

OR!

What if Leia is dead, and Luke got a transgender surgury, wound up looking just like her, and married Han.

Edited by Keith

Just had a thought....this is not taken from anything I read or gleamed from anything that was seen/shown/talked about on the Net. Just a theory that just me do to the missing character in the poster.

I'll spoiler tag it just in case people get butt hurt over speculation. ;)

What if Luke is dead and Hamills involvement is just as a force ghost!?

Chris

That would make the scene in the current teaser where we assume it's Luke touching R2 a flashback or not him at all. Maybe it's Ren touching R2 because he IS one of the Solo kids or Luke's (pre-fallen)protege? Interesting.

Edited by Chewie

A soft reboot.

This is JJ Abrams that we are talking about here. His last film, ST:ID, is the worst Star Trek film of the bunch. Yes, I'd actually place it way behind Shatner's Final Frontier.

I have a bad feeling Force Awakens will be too much like ST:ID and just steal borrow too greatly from the original series.

Edited by TangledThorns

This is JJ Abrams that we are talking about here. His last film, ST:ID, is the worst Star Trek film of the bunch. Yes, I'd actually place it way behind Shatner's Final Frontier.

I have a bad feeling Force Awakens will be too much like ST:ID and just steal borrow too greatly from the original series.

No, Insurrection is the worst ST movie, ID is at least fun.

Yeah, definitely getting the feeling Luke won't be showing up until late in the game here. I also strongly suspect Finn has some training in using the Force and a lightsaber. Very interesting. But anyway, man, wow, that trailer is just amazing.

Edit: The jump to lightspeed is the coolest thing I've seen in Star Wars in over 30 years.

Edited by Duke Togo

Putting my theories in spoilers, in the off chance I'm right, or to avoid any issues;

Definitely a familial relation between Luke, Leia Kylo Ren & Rey. Cousins or Siblings.

At the 1:57 it looks like Kylo's helmet is off as it appears his hair is moving vs. the back of his hood. So hopefully the fight between him and Finn is a good one. And hopefully Rey isn't crying over Finn in what looks to be the same forest.

There were a few more items but I'll let those way more passionate about it dissect the trailer. lol

And yep, purchased tickets.

-b.

When your opponent calmly walks up to you with their blade lowered, while you are gripping that hilt a wee bit hard, I just have 1 question. Finn, how would you like your ass served to you?

First Order looks like they're attacking a Resistance base and then Resistance attacks a First Order installation. Haven't I seen this before?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got my friday night tickets!

wow you're on a roll B)) first trypticon, now tickets to star wars:) the force is strong with you

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Gave into the hype and watched the Trailer. Probably shouldn't have.

Don't really like the main bad guys mask.

Ain't gonna lie. Looks good. BUT ... this all depends on the new characters and honestly I don't find them that interesting yet. It seems like they are all in the wrong movie. It's dressed up nice, and it looks like Star Wars, but... when we only see Han and Luke for 10-15 min will it just be lens flare and bullshit?

Also... why is everything seemingly so shitty after the first films this far in the future? I mean it make sense that in real life things wouldn't go to plan and everybody would be happy but it feels like the first movies weren't for much if it's this emo.

I didn't even notice the jump! haha. I noticed Han's delivery though. Really good lines.

Edited by Gakken85

Gave into the hype and watched the Trailer. Probably shouldn't have.

Don't really like the main bad guys mask.

Ain't gonna lie. Looks good. BUT ... this all depends on the new characters and honestly I don't find them that interesting yet. It seems like they are all in the wrong movie. It's dressed up nice, and it looks like Star Wars, but... when we only see Han and Luke for 10-15 min will it just be lens flare and bullshit?

I didn't even notice the jump! haha. I noticed Han's delivery though. Really good lines.

Han is one of the main characters in TFA; he's going to get a lot more than 10-15 minutes. And how did you not notice the jump?