Going to skip the triple and go straight to "word-tacular." :lol:

I did buy the first bluray set when it was on sale, but promptly put my dvd original trilogy releases in the fancy box. I do hope they use the remastered versions this time though, some of the tracking errors in ANH are a little distracting.

To all Star Wars fans out there, how much of a gap is between the end of Clone Wars Season 5 and the events of Episode III Revenge of the Sith? Is there any overlap?

EDIT: Okay I found it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

Ignoring the minor rearrangement for chronology, it seems like Season 1-2 is set on the same year as Attack of the Clones, and Season 3-6 is set 2 years after attack of the clones. I am not sure whether Anakin changed his physical attire and face model to indicate the time skip.

Edited by calubin_175

Timelines are kind of wonky thanks to the clone wars series...the mini series that came out back in 2004/2005 played nicely some what the events between Episodes II and III, clone wars kind of mucked it up.
I'd like to think about 5 years passed between Episodes II and III but that's just me. I try not to think to hard on it.

Just a question guys. Not sure if this is already been discussed or tackled. I didn't follow those early novels and comic books but does the old novels and Dark Horse comic books is still canon? Still part of the continuity beyond Episode VI? Like any chance that we're going to see the Solo Twins? Thanks in advance. ;)

Just a question guys. Not sure if this is already been discussed or tackled. I didn't follow those early novels and comic books but does the old novels and Dark Horse comic books is still canon? Still part of the continuity beyond Episode VI? Like any chance that we're going to see the Solo Twins? Thanks in advance. ;)

No, only films (and then only where new filmmakers liked the old ones) are cannon now.

Pointing out my theory now. I'll see how right I am in a couple months

The Past

Rey and Kylo Ren are the children of Han and Leia. Luke Skywalker took to training Kylo in the ways of the Jedi. Kylo started going down the wrong path. Luke fearing what could happen stopped training him and ran off to be a hermit. Kylo ran off to find someone else (dark siders) to complete his training. Han and Leia fearing Rey would be a target sent her out in exile for her own protection. I'm not sure of Finn's connection to any previous character.

The Present

Kylo has been hunting down grandpa Vader's things. They track Luke/Vader's saber to a junkyard planet. The same planet that happens to be where Rey is living in exile. Storm Troopers find her and maybe Storm Trooper Finn has second thoughts and decides to help her. Word gets out that the new Empire is attacking the planet Rey is on and Daddy Solo and Chewie goes to find her before her evil bro does.

Good guys are too late to get to Rey and Bad Guys run off with her. Solo takes Finn the last person who saw Rey to the only person who might be able to find her - Uncle Luke. Master Skywalker uses his powers to locate Rey and tells Finn he's strong in the force. Luke stays where he is. Han leads a rescue mission and will likely die like Obi-wan did in the first movie allowing them to rescue Rey. Ford is the biggest named star and wanted to kill off Han before. I bet they got him to do this movie with a promises of a good end for Solo.

Pointing out my theory now. I'll see how right I am in a couple months

The Past

Rey and Kylo Ren are the children of Han and Leia. Luke Skywalker took to training Kylo in the ways of the Jedi. Kylo started going down the wrong path. Luke fearing what could happen stopped training him and ran off to be a hermit. Kylo ran off to find someone else (dark siders) to complete his training. Han and Leia fearing Rey would be a target sent her out in exile for her own protection. I'm not sure of Finn's connection to any previous character.

The Present

Kylo has been hunting down grandpa Vader's things. They track Luke/Vader's saber to a junkyard planet. The same planet that happens to be where Rey is living in exile. Storm Troopers find her and maybe Storm Trooper Finn has second thoughts and decides to help her. Word gets out that the new Empire is attacking the planet Rey is on and Daddy Solo and Chewie goes to find her before her evil bro does.

Good guys are too late to get to Rey and Bad Guys run off with her. Solo takes Finn the last person who saw Rey to the only person who might be able to find her - Uncle Luke. Master Skywalker uses his powers to locate Rey and tells Finn he's strong in the force. Luke stays where he is. Han leads a rescue mission and will likely die like Obi-wan did in the first movie allowing them to rescue Rey. Ford is the biggest named star and wanted to kill off Han before. I bet they got him to do this movie with a promises of a good end for Solo.

I was thinking along the same lines

Rey and Ren are siblings and the children of Han and Leia. Look at his name, Kylo. Leia being a true Skywalker and Han a Solo. sKy walker soLo = Kylo. Perhaps Ren is a title like Darth is to the Sith.

Chris

I was thinking along the same lines

Rey and Ren are siblings and the children of Han and Leia. Look at his name, Kylo. Leia being a true Skywalker and Han a Solo. sKy walker soLo = Kylo. Perhaps Ren is a title like Darth is to the Sith.

Chris

I also thought that but now I think that Rey/ Kira could be Luke's daughter because like luke before she grew up on a desert planet, she's a mechanic and she flew a space cruiser at a young age. Who knows.

No, only films (and then only where new filmmakers liked the old ones) are cannon now.

The Clone Wars series and Rebels are also canon.

Chris

Thanks guys! It's a bummer though. But good thing I didn't invest reading those stuff before. ;)

Thanks guys! It's a bummer though. But good thing I didn't invest reading those stuff before. ;)

You should really be sad. There's some great stories in there, and I think they're almost all out of print now.

Instead of things like X-Wing: Wraith Squadron, you got... The Phantom Menace.

And without the X-Wing books, we'd still call every droid by serial number.

Seriously, it's rather shocking how fast writers started giving droids nicknames after Star Wars: X-Wing: Rogue Squadron came out. Overnight EVERY droid got a name.

The new Marvel comics and the books are canon too; Star Wars, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Lando, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Shattered Empire and Kanan for comics. Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, A New Dawn, Dark Disciple, Aftermath, Heir to the Jedi and a bunch of others for books.

/Film - Confirmed: New ‘Force Awakens’ Trailer On Monday, Official Poster On Sunday

Just a couple days ago, a new rumor surfaced saying that tickets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens would go on sale next Monday, October 19th, and the beginning of tickets sales may also be marked with a new trailer for the sci-fi saga sequel. Details were murky as to exactly how and when this was all going down, but some more solid information on the new Force Awakens trailer release has surfaced along with tickets sales buzz and word on the official poster.

Our old buddy Germain Lussier at io9 did some digging and has heard from multiple sources that The Force Awakens hype machine will warm up with an official poster release on Sunday, October 18th. Reportedly the new poster will feature the official logo for the movie as well. If you’re confused as to what that mean, don’t forget that we’ve seen a variety of different official logos for the Star Wars movies.

Thanks for the heads up. I WANT to do the 7 film marathon but old age, ADHD and the idea of sitting in the same seat for almost a day is not enticing to me.

I wonder if people will camp out in front of theaters like they did for Episode One?

They'd have to be a real schmuck to do that. I don't understand why people do that for a movie or even a Apple product these days.

because nerds. you know there will be around the block lines for this.

They'd have to be a real schmuck to do that. I don't understand why people do that for a movie or even a Apple product these days.

When the 6S came out my local AT&T store told me to order it online, and they'd get it to me on release day for free. And they did. They told me they'd have 100 people waiting at the door when they opened, but there was no need for that any more. I assume we're at the same point with movie tickets now: order them online from the comfort of your home.

When the 6S came out my local AT&T store told me to order it online, and they'd get it to me on release day for free. And they did. They told me they'd have 100 people waiting at the door when they opened, but there was no need for that any more. I assume we're at the same point with movie tickets now: order them online from the comfort of your home.

Pretty much. Everyone lining up is

a) youtubers who want to destroy the product first

b) want their 15mins of fame on tv