IXTL

Maybe the color turns magically to a light gray at the day of the release.

Oh, and they include a pair of new shoulder blocks that are not made out of explodium.

One can dream, one can dream. ^_^

THIS.

Even by alienating the customer base, they SHOULD add replacement parts with the Armored Parts.

It´s just impossible now to pretend that it´s a random problem. The shoulder pieces (NUNS) and the little black folding triangles ARE BREAKING DOWN EVERYWHERE.

Here in Argentina it´s unbelievable hard to own one of those, and to have a broken one (even if it´s a little triangle like my case) it´s just frustrating.

Has anyone of the pro-reviewers (or the japanese speaking members) contacted Bandai in any viable form to ask for replacement parts included AT LEAST WITH the Armored Parts.

I´m not asking for free replacements (wich they should be, btw), but at least "paid" ones.... or something.

I really don´t know what to think. It´s like they just f*cke* us up with this release, and don´t give a dam*n about it.

Edited by Astro_BS-AS

Message to jenius: As a lot of people read your reviews before purchasing a toy, I'd recommend you to kindly update the VF-171 Durability & Built section which still states that "so far the expected 5% failure rate seems to be correct" ;)

Was just scanning through this thread and saw that. I usually specify that my durability scores are preliminary based on immediate feedback and while I do regularly update old posts it's more of an 'as luck has it I had this old toy out' sort of thing. That said, I went ahead and updated my post tonight. Now to get back to my VF-27 post.

Well...One of CF's black triangle finally broke. As for Alto, one of mine broke...but not the black triangle. RAther the smaller non-removable pin that holds the wing in. Not the one that keeps popping off.

Actually, those aren't even necessary for the wings to stay on. They only act as locator pins to help hold on the wings when the larger pins are removed. The wing doesn't actually rotate around those, it rotates around the base where those little nubs are mounted.

I don't mind paying for replacement part, but I am really not expecting them from Bandai. Shapeway is our best hope.

To that end, the folding triangles are so thin that I don't think printed replacements would work. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a removable part to replace them, should mine break. It'd actually be easier to deal with...

Luca's RVF-171 could be a Hero or a Cannon Fodder.

Obviously in the Show he was a Hero and that's the the only time I believe we saw a R variant.

In the Movie, the RVF-171 was shown a very few times, and they were all cannon fodders.

I'd think it would sell.

It would also complete team NUNS Alto.

Was just scanning through this thread and saw that. I usually specify that my durability scores are preliminary based on immediate feedback and while I do regularly update old posts it's more of an 'as luck has it I had this old toy out' sort of thing. That said, I went ahead and updated my post tonight. Now to get back to my VF-27 post.

If you get a chance to, might I also suggest making a mention about the black NUNS triangles also being prone to cracking/breaking as it seems to happen almost as much as on the thin filler black triangle pieces and it is a more critical part than the filler pieces.

I just paid for my super pack set. I'm looking forward to getting missile accessories. I think I'm going to try repainting the armor pieces. Did the CF version of the super pack show up in any of the Macross Chronicle issues? I think I'll need to reference something for an idea on how the whole thing (such as the leg parts which I don't recall seeing) is colored and hopefully get a better on the shade of gray to use.

I just paid for my super pack set. I'm looking forward to getting missile accessories. I think I'm going to try repainting the armor pieces. Did the CF version of the super pack show up in any of the Macross Chronicle issues? I think I'll need to reference something for an idea on how the whole thing (such as the leg parts which I don't recall seeing) is colored and hopefully get a better on the shade of gray to use.

If you get the references, I'd be interested in it too. Depending on the extent of the masking and if there's any text graphics, I'd be interested (if its not too much work ;-)

Not from the Chronicle, but these may help. I'm pondering doing the same thing.

Thanks. That should do. I guess I can infer that anywhere there is blue on the leg armor should be made light gray instead.

If you get the references, I'd be interested in it too. Depending on the extent of the masking and if there's any text graphics, I'd be interested (if its not too much work ;-)

There weren't any text markings on the one for the EX so I don't expect any on this one either. It should be a relatively simple job with no markings to have to worry about.

So, looking at my CF-171, I noticed a bunch of what looks like stress fractures spreading across one of the little triangle flaps on the underside. I haven't even transformed it, and it's been sitting on its gear pretty much since I got it. <_<

Really can't believe how shoddy some of Bandai's parts seem to be.. it's like the VF-0 shoulders all over again.

I wonder how hard it would be to remove those pieces entirely, and replace them with the same style flap as the Yamato VF-17 uses?

I'm feeling stupid, what's the trick to getting the Battroid adapter for the stand to lock in.

The figure just pops out and leans forward.

It's bad enough the Battroid mode doesn't lock into place,

But the stand actually creates more slop with the little bit of lock

It actually gets.