IXTL

It sucks they're all breaking on everyone, however with those black triangles out of the way you should be able to get some good shoulder angles/poses in Gerwalk/Battroid with the bit of extra space.

Sure, but those black triangles also provide the socket for the shoulder pads, so without them the shoulder pads don't stay on.

Think I might skip the armor parts on this.. he's already a hot mess. Putting armor on him might be pushing things. It might look good in fighter mode.. but the dull blue plastic on the green probably won't look so hot.

I'm fine throwing huge reaction bombs on the wings.

All the parts that have cracked or broken for me are fixable.

But I've got two in display, one in fighter mode (forever) and one in bat

Mode (broken in multiple places).

They will have armor or bust.

I'm fine throwing huge reaction bombs on the wings.

All the parts that have cracked or broken for me are fixable.

But I've got two in display, one in fighter mode (forever) and one in bat

Mode (broken in multiple places).

They will have armor or bust.

Or they could bust with armor? :p

I still have all 3 of mine in Battroid mode and hope that I won't destroy the fragile parts when I put them back in to fighter mode. Once I get them in fighter I will apply the Armor and leave them that way most likely forever.

Is the Alto custom like this? My CF is in batroid mode. You guys are making me afraid to transform it back to fighter.

The CQ issues that have been showing up on the CF version are significantly less common to unheard of on the Alto version.

There must have been a really bad batch of plastic used on the CF run.

Well, mine has just arrived. I´ll get it tomorow afternoon (yes, sunday....)

Now I´m a little terrified, but there´s no glory on hiding from the truth, so, we´ll see if it was just a bad batch of plastic, or if it´s a widespread problem.

Has anyone compared bar codes or something like that on the boxes?

Hello again ! The VF-171 CF came today and, for now at least, it´s safe and sound.

Every part in its place and, looking first hand that particular triangle piece, I can see why it brokes. If you don´t fold it in the right way, it´ll fall of.

And by that I´m not saying that anyone of us has broke it, but in the factory, when assembling, it only takes "a mistake", and the piece is gone...

Well. For now, it´s in one piece. And it´s quite beatiful !

The parts that are breaking for many of us have nothing to do with falling off due to being folded wrong or factory assembly, they actually crack and break, sometimes into several pieces. It's bad plastic. If it were incorrect folding then it would have also happened on the Alto version, and it never did happen with that one. Transform yours a few times and get back to us.

The parts that are breaking for many of us have nothing to do with falling off due to being folded wrong or factory assembly, they actually crack and break, sometimes into several pieces. It's bad plastic. If it were incorrect folding then it would have also happened on the Alto version, and it never did happen with that one. Transform yours a few times and get back to us.

I don't have mine out but does the plastic feel different between the two? I was thinking it was bad folding at the factory too that left the thin plastic in a position where it was under pressure and then just finally cracked.

The parts on mine were aligned correctly straight out of the box. It didn't crack until after the second transformation, and then fully broke during later transformations. If the plastic was weakened at the production level somehow (moisture can do it) it wouldn't really look or feel any different than the plastic on the Alto.

I have 4 ALto 171's and none of them have these issues. ALso have 6 171 CF's and none of them have this problem.

THen again, when I transform I take the shoulders off the metal joint. Reason I do this is because I can tell that there will be extra stress on the the folding bottom LERX as it rubs and presses against the shoulder when you move it in or out.

As for the cracked Shoulders on the NUN's section , never seen this on all my CF-171's.

If it makes any difference, all of my 171's were first-batch.

Edited by Duymon

I think you just really lucked on on your purchases. I don't think it's user error that is causing these things to have stress marks/crack and break. It certainly wasn't a problem with Alto's 171EX. The most I've seen with that release was just missing parts.

Of the two 171s I got, the one I got from NY was flawed all around with missing and stray pieces, and a stress mark in one of the shoulders out of the box which eventually led to it cracking and breaking. The other I got from HLJ has been perfect. I had transformed it back and forth multiple times while weathering it and taking photos of it and didn't notice any issues. I'm still going to try to avoid transforming that one any further if I can help it. These two were first batch as well, so I don't think it makes any difference. It's just luck of the draw on whether you get a problem free one or not.

You probably should have done the lotto when you found out you had 6 good ones. Or perhaps not because you may have used up all your luck with the 171s :p

I have 4 ALto 171's and none of them have these issues. ALso have 6 171 CF's and none of them have this problem.

THen again, when I transform I take the shoulders off the metal joint. Reason I do this is because I can tell that there will be extra stress on the the folding bottom LERX as it rubs and presses against the shoulder when you move it in or out.

As for the cracked Shoulders on the NUN's section , never seen this on all my CF-171's.

If it makes any difference, all of my 171's were first-batch.

how are you taking them off that joint?

Hi everyone. Reading the comments about my post, I have to say that I made the mistake of reffering to ANOTHER part. The one that folds inwards and below the NUNS piece. I´m sorry for the mistake. :unsure:

Even so, I believed that in the factory some "operator" has to assemble the Valkyrie and partially transform some of it(the arms, for example), and in the case of the upper part of the arms, if you do WHAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY, and pull up the upper part inwards the shoulder (parallel to the shoulder line), the NUNS piece came with a lot of stress. I´ve taken extreme caution on that part, and I didn´t put the arms as the instruction says just for precaution. :ph34r:

And, if you press too much on the pad, given that that plastic part seems to have durability problems, as all of you correctly point, it´ll broke. Maybe the pin is a little too wide for the hole on the plastic?

My bad, again, for the mistake. And, we´ll see how all this turn out B))

Whatever the case may be, there is clearly something different with the CF version

Hi everyone. Reading the comments about my post, I have to say that I made the mistake of reffering to ANOTHER part. The one that folds inwards and below the NUNS piece. I´m sorry for the mistake. :unsure:

Even so, I believed that in the factory some "operator" has to assemble the Valkyrie and partially transform some of it(the arms, for example), and in the case of the upper part of the arms, if you do WHAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY, and pull up the upper part inwards the shoulder (parallel to the shoulder line), the NUNS piece came with a lot of stress. I´ve taken extreme caution on that part, and I didn´t put the arms as the instruction says just for precaution. :ph34r:

And, if you press too much on the pad, given that that plastic part seems to have durability problems, as all of you correctly point, it´ll broke. Maybe the pin is a little too wide for the hole on the plastic?

My bad, again, for the mistake. And, we´ll see how all this turn out B))

The instructions for the Alto 171 say the same thing and none of those broke. I still have no reason to believe it has anything to do with how we are transforming the thing for the simple fact that none of these same parts broke on the Alto. There is clearly something very different with this release, and since the parts and their alignment look the same I can only deduce that its a bad batch of plastic.

Whatever the case may be, there is clearly something different with the CF version

The instructions for the Alto 171 say the same thing and none of those broke. I still have no reason to believe it has anything to do with how we are transforming the thing for the simple fact that none of these same parts broke on the Alto. There is clearly something very different with this release, and since the parts and their alignment look the same I can only deduce that its a bad batch of plastic.

Fair enough. And I agree with you. Maybe I don´t want to admit that I have a "self-destructing-valkyrie" in my shelf...

:blink:

Btw, Bandai hasn´t state anything about this? Anyone fluent in japanese, that could pick something in their forums, maybe?

It would be fantastic if Bandai would address the issue. All they would have to do to fix it is include new shoulder pads with the upcoming super packs since all of the problem pieces are contained within them and they are easy to remove and replace. I have no expectations that they'll do such a thing, but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Yeah with Bandai you are supposed to send in the whole toy for exchange or repair. This is not feasible for a lot of the members on this forum because either they don't have a Japanese contact for an address or really want to pay the insane shipping costs to send them back. I had to return my Alto Custom YF-29 it cost me 60USD via Fed-Ex and USPS quoted me 100USD.

Yeah with Bandai you are supposed to send in the whole toy for exchange or repair. This is not feasible for a lot of the members on this forum because either they don't have a Japanese contact for an address or really want to pay the insane shipping costs to send them back. I had to return my Alto Custom YF-29 it cost me 60USD via Fed-Ex and USPS quoted me 100USD.

Not to mention there's no guarantee you'll get a problem free toy back. You could get another problematic piece of junk that is either better or worse and have to decide again if you want to gamble another $40+ to ship again for try number 2. It's so completely retarded when it would be cheaper for both parties involved if they would just send replacement parts like Yamato did.

• 2 weeks later...

Great!

Im in, black triangle thingy broke on my CF.

I left it in Battroid mode for some weeks, and some minutes ago i started to transform it back to fighter mode.

Used absolutly no force to move it, it just fell out.

Shoulder pad fell off too.

What a sh*t toy!

I'm angry now! :angry: