IXTL

Guys, have you notice the the new big missiles have less grip strength than the old missiles? One problem with this is the new missiles cannot be mounted on Yamato VF-1 - they are too loose to hold. I hope the Arcadia YF-19's missiles will be compatible.

The MDE bombs have fallen off mine on occasion. It's definitely not as tight a fit as the other missiles.

Hi ! I´ve received the parts today :).

Here´s some pics :)

attachicon.gifOctubre 2013 005.JPG

Just put some white tape (the one used to paint something) in the "pin" that connects to the hardpoint !

The problem is that the Bandai hardpoints are "carved" in the wing, whereas Arcadia (or Yamato) don´t. Look at my pics :)

Woah. That thing looks ridiculously huge on the VF-1. :blink: Feels as though that thing can't fly just due to the sheer weight of the MDEs.

Woah. That thing looks ridiculously huge on the VF-1. :blink: Feels as though that thing can't fly just due to the sheer weight of the MDEs.

It IS ridiculously huge ! hahaha. And that´s what I like the most about that set :D. They look like a pair of orbital boosters, and they combine quite nice with the VF-1J 30th - Even the missile launchers. Yesterday I spend almost an hour "dressing" my Valks ;)

Now, they would look really nice on the 1/48 VF-1 .... More pics when I´m back home then... ;)

after I heard about all the cracks a few months back I went through all my CF's and loosened the screw on the NUNS pads to just "finger tight". All my pads are intact without a single crack.

Also, I loosened the lower triangle screws as well so they are really loose and easy to move in and out. Originally they were i so tight I thought I'd break them by moving them.

Whenever I transform these suckers I pop off the shoulders completely so that the lower triangles never rub against anything. When they are deployed for fighter, I then pop the shoulder back on.

So far no problems.

*knocks on wood*

Edited by Duymon

I loosened my shoulders as well. The shoulder block itself and the parts that hold the small concealing triangles. My shoulders don't have a cracked yet but one of the pieces that sits between the two shoulder triangles developed a fissure right through the U. I have no plan where that comes from. *shrug*

That was from Yamato though, and we had a personal contact with them who was able to procure those parts for some people here.

Bandai might as well be on another planet for how responsive they are to requests for broken/missing parts. Pretty much, unless you're willing to ship a faulty product back for a full replacement, don't expect any kind of help with anything. It's why everyone has turned to Shapeways parts as a replacement.

I've got a few ideas of how to make entire replacements for those lower triangles, but Kurisama might beat me to it anyway. :p My current plan though is to get a 3D printer this winter, so I might take up the business myself for some things if it's practical.

I'm not particularly excited about the idea of shapeways replacement triangles. What are the odds of a proper replacement ever becoming available? We were able to get those vf-1s arms.

We are talking Bandai here, so don't hold your breath.

THE PRESSURE - THE PRESSURE! The semester is almost over for me (3 weeks) at uni, then I'll get on to it - no doubt about it, it is going to be a TRICKY piece to get right...

thank you. thank you. thank you.

THE PRESSURE - THE PRESSURE! The semester is almost over for me (3 weeks) at uni, then I'll get on to it - no doubt about it, it is going to be a TRICKY piece to get right...

Take all the time you need man, you're a saint for even looking at such a tricky, fidgity part. Regardless of the outcome, THANK YOU!

i think i just fell victim to the broken shoulder joints on my CF when i tried to put on the super armor i just bought. =[

should have read this thread first! If my shoulder joint has completely broken in several places, has anyone been successful in gluing it back together?

i think i just fell victim to the broken shoulder joints on my CF when i tried to put on the super armor i just bought. =[

should have read this thread first! If my shoulder joint has completely broken in several places, has anyone been successful in gluing it back together?

If you're going to attempt gluing it back don't use super glue. I had a clean break in the right shoulder triangle and it came off while transforming it back to fighter mode. I used Loctite 3200 psi epoxy and it's a lot stronger. Transformed it 4 times and it seems to be fine.

Guest davidwhangchoi

has anyone ever asked hlj for replacement parts for the cf171 triangles? i got your cf171 from hlj, if they do send replacement parts i still have the invoice and can shoot them an email for you.

the only incident i know of someone getting parts was from hobby search as someone here said HS had a spare 171 they sent parts from.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think Bandai doesn't send out replacement parts they only replace the whole unit. So I doubt that HLJ will be able to send you parts because they don't get them from Bandai.

The breakage comes from a bad batch of plastic I assume. So for replacement parts that don't crumble again Bandai has to produce a new parts with new plastic.

Loosening the screws on the parts (shoulder block and smaller triangles) and taking off the shoulder pauldrons while transforming it might help a great deal in the preservation of those parts.

If you're going to attempt gluing it back don't use super glue. I had a clean break in the right shoulder triangle and it came off while transforming it back to fighter mode. I used Loctite 3200 psi epoxy and it's a lot stronger. Transformed it 4 times and it seems to be fine.

Yeah, I tried Crazy Glue and it was about as effective as using water. :/

Guest davidwhangchoi

They responded to my email a couple of hours ago. they sent me the wrong item and i returned their package and asked for a refund. they said they will process it as soon as possible.

nothing yet... how long does it take to click refund on paypal...

Wow, still haven't sent my refund... i sent them a 4th e-mail. i'm just going to wait till the weekend is over and if they don't respond. i'm going to do a chargeback...

has anyone ever asked hlj for replacement parts for the cf171 triangles? i got your cf171 from hlj, if they do send replacement parts i still have the invoice and can shoot them an email for you.

the only incident i know of someone getting parts was from hobby search as someone here said HS had a spare 171 they sent parts from.

thanks for the offer, but yea, i doubt they'd do replacement parts unless we have someone on the inside that would facilitate this.

Didn't have epoxy on me, but i did use Gorilla Super Glue to attach a portion of the pieces together. The plastic where the screw holds has completely disintegrated into 4 pieces so i couldn't glue that together. just put glue on the edge of the plastic where it touches the other part.

Let it set overnight and popped it back in place this morning. Looks to be holding, but i doubt i'll EVER transform this thing now. That's why i have an Alto 171 in Gerwalk for!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

thanks for the offer, but yea, i doubt they'd do replacement parts unless we have someone on the inside that would facilitate this.

Didn't have epoxy on me, but i did use Gorilla Super Glue to attach a portion of the pieces together. The plastic where the screw holds has completely disintegrated into 4 pieces so i couldn't glue that together. just put glue on the edge of the plastic where it touches the other part.

Let it set overnight and popped it back in place this morning. Looks to be holding, but i doubt i'll EVER transform this thing now. That's why i have an Alto 171 in Gerwalk for!!

I shot hlj an email with photos samples of cracked shoulders with my invoice anyways (shot in the dark). i'll keep you guys updated. (they're closed for the 3 day holiday weekend and will be back tues)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Wow, still haven't sent my refund... i sent them a 4th e-mail. i'm just going to wait till the weekend is over and if they don't respond. i'm going to do a chargeback...

Just a word of advise on chargebacks...go easy on those cause they have an effect on you as much as they do the seller. You do too many and it messes with your credit rating so only do them as an absolute last resort (usually in cases of absolute fraud only). If they are a reputable (even semi-reputable) place and you've done business with them before, just keep asking them to refund you and they will eventually do it. Never use a chargeback as a threat basically.

Edited by xrentonx

Why glue it back? It's just going to break apart again in another place when you move it. It's cheap plastic all the way around.

i needed to hold together at least so i could pop it back onto the shoulder joint. it holds now in fighter mode and sits flush. so as long as i don't transform it, i think it'll be okay.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nah they definitely did screw it up. The item departed from Indonesian customs yesterday so I'm guessing it's being sent back to Japan. If the item ever gets to me, it'll probably be next week. It would've been faster to use SAL too and the fact that they are not replying to my emails is just pissing me off. I guess I shouldn't even expect an apology.

hey neoexcaliber, did you get your items?

Yeah, i'm feeling you, most of the time they're ok, but when they mark up high and i pay high ship on top making it about 80-100 more than retail, i do expect them to at least respond consistently. They seem to respond same day if i have a general question and avoid my emails if there was a shipping error on their end. hope they respond and take care of your situation soon. i'm still waiting for the refund they promised or i'm going dispute/chargeback soon.

They responded to my email a couple of hours ago. they sent me the wrong item and i returned their package and asked for a refund. they said they will process it as soon as possible.

nothing yet... how long does it take to click refund on paypal...

Just a word of advise on chargebacks...go easy on those cause they have an effect on you as much as they do the seller. You do too many and it messes with your credit rating so only do them as an absolute last resort (usually in cases of absolute fraud only). If they are a reputable (even semi-reputable) place and you've done business with them before, just keep asking them to refund you and they will eventually do it. Never use a chargeback as a threat basically.

thanks xrentonx,

i think i will open up a dispute w/ paypal on tuesday if they don't respond... i just want my money back... not being jerked around was e-mails saying they received the item back (10/2) and will refund me shortly. then next response was the manager is not in and will refund it tuesday (10/8) after another follow up, etc. etc. that's the e-mails i've been getting so far... it's 10/12, just disappointing customer service. it's not they're not reliable as i get most of my stuff. but it's not kosher to respond 10/2 of a refund is being processed and not deliver then to change dates and not deliver again. it doesn't sit well.

anyways, i hope all of everyone's 171's holds up at least for another year. i felt bad bc i sold both cf and alto 171's to kirik brand new back in may and it sucks to read what's happening to everyone's cf's...

i hope the at least the alto i sold holds up :unsure:... i feel like i need to at least try to assist but feel powerless...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

No problem, man :)

Just be careful and give enough time and go into it with a clear head. Some places process credit refunds weekly or bi-weekly. I'm pretty generous about time and allow them up to 30 days before I think of doing a chargeback. My credit card is really good and I can dispute a charge after many weeks have passed. To places of business, chargebacks fall under legitimate or fraudulent and they take the time to review beforehand so that they make sure there isn't a mistake.

hey neoexcaliber, did you get your items?

thanks xrentonx,

i think i will open up a dispute w/ paypal on tuesday if they don't respond... i just want my money back... not being jerked around was e-mails saying they received the item back (10/2) and will refund me shortly. then next response was the manager is not in and will refund it tuesday (10/8) after another follow up, etc. etc. that's the e-mails i've been getting so far... it's 10/12, just disappointing customer service. it's not they're not reliable as i get most of my stuff. but it's not kosher to respond 10/2 of a refund is being processed and not deliver then to change dates and not deliver again. it doesn't sit well.

anyways, i hope all of everyone's 171's holds up at least for another year. i felt bad bc i sold both cf and alto 171's to kirik brand new back in may and it sucks to read what's happening to everyone's cf's...

i hope the at least the alto i sold holds up :unsure:... i feel like i need to at least try to assist but feel powerless...

I did get the item but it turned out to be the postal service's mistake. I didn't get any replies to my emails though. Not even one. Ridiculous customer service.

Finally found a little time over the long weekend to touch up the newly arrived Armor Super packs, there wasn't much to do but some dry brushing with the Tamiya weathering powders, but the matte flat clear-coat does wonders - I've always done all the super/fast packs on all my models in a flat/matte finish to contrast against the shinier plane. The CF itself is in a semi-gloss - which does wonders in hiding all the tiny swirls and scratches from the dreaded Bandai glossy plastics. I left the MDEs bare glossy plastic with just very light weathering around the seams - I usually leave the ordinance in a glossy finish and much less weathered than the aircraft itself, specialty ordinance shouldn't be flying around all the time collecting dirt! No time for real photos, just some snaps from the workbench for now. Did any of you have a heck of a time snapping the left leg back up to the back plate with the fast packs on? I thought I'd break it - I ended up lightly filing the arm/peg down a little to get it to snap in - and boy is this thing tight now - I don't think I'm ever transforming it again (especially with the black triangle problem!).

Enjoy.

post-244-0-41687800-1381808799_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-80414500-1381808800_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-17407200-1381808802_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-53394000-1381808803_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-85333300-1381808804_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-15520100-1381808806_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-50009000-1381808807_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-85314500-1381808808_thumb.jpg

I was wrong, I totally forgot Lucas's RVF-171 was an ex.

Cannon fodder RVF-171 from movie and TV.

1uicWvc.png

Luca RVF-171 from TV (top corner)

svWPf0I.png

I hope we see that variant some day.

I ordered another set of super parts for my last CF.

Now to determine wether or not I buy Alto's supers!

I would actually prefer the cannon fodder RVF-171 over Alto's RVF-171EX since I think that that colour looks so much better but only if Bandai greatly improves upon the quality.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal